• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Signs of Bad-looking Streetpassers?

I don't think OP is judging how you play, just saying what OP doesn't prefer to see in a house. I'm sure OP doesn't care how you play.

Didn't mean to offend anyone with my rococo comment! I was writing with humorous intent, as I assumed the OP was. The fact is, I have five mansions in my HHA showcase all with 100% fully furnished rococo rooms, constituting about 1/3 of my total streetpass pickips, and I just find that funny. It's also awesome, because if I ever end up wanting to complete the rococo set in my catalogue all I have to do is walk in and order it. But you gotta admit, it's funny.

Rococo's a pretty set. No hate. :)

Don't see the need to criticize. My spots are always full. I read their info first. If it's a really low score I figured they weren't too into the game. Deleted them and move on. But beware...they may just have that one item you've been searching for. Lots cheaper to buy there than from someone wanting major bells for a common item.

agreed. i always check all houses to see if there is something i want/need and reorder it. if i don't like the house in general, i delete it afterwards.

i like looking at pretty houses but i don't judge people who have a low score or have just one basic room. we all started somewhere, we all have different tastes. my house would probably trigger gag reflexes in a lot of people but i still like it. :3

I've never streetpassed with anyone. The idea of walking around with my DS in sleep mode sounds too weird for me. However, being a serial dreamer, I've seen lots of the same boring d?cor in dream towns over and over again. Here's what I'm sick of seeing:

-upstairs room full of mermaid furniture (why is it always the upstairs room?!)
-one room full of balloon furniture
-one room full of Nintendo furniture
-basement full of 7-11 furniture (yikes! so ugly!)
-rooms usually have no music at all, but if they do it's always Bubblegum K.K. or Stale Cupcakes
-player wearing Nintendo accessories

Yeah, there's a lot of overlap between I've seen too much of and what the OP's seen too much of.

Your problem with other people's houses isn't their problem (and doesn't make them "bad" streetpassers), its yours.

Yeah I see a lot of the same stuff but it doesn't bother me and I'm happy to have plenty of things to order and see my HHA showcase fill up. :)

I got the gold badge for StreetPass Master months go, so I've had over a thousand houses through the HHA showcase.

Get used to seeing the same rooms over and over again, especially Nintendo and Balloon rooms. Now I don't even bother going inside most of the houses. I just look at their house size and glance at their badges before opening their door. Within a day, their house is usually replaced by another one.

Most of them are cookie cutter if you ask me because i listed the signs of a bad-looking player and it's house furniture.

This is Animal Crossing, is there even such a thing as a 'bad' player?
I agree with your list but it doesn't make them bad, it makes them boring, but maybe they just didn't get into the game, or maybe they only just started playing. (Christmas was only recently too). Needless to say I always find it interesting to see what knick-knacks people could have that might finish off one of my rooms perfectly.

I never thought I would see elitism over AC houses, my lawd.

Last edited:
The thing that hurts my feelings (not really) about Streetpassing is knowing if my music is on shuffle, it's silence to anyone who got my house. For two seconds, I set a song to each room, but I can't play like that. But, before I knew how it worked, I wondered why people had music players and it was silence.

I'm well over Nintendo items. I'm getting the Emporium built tomorrow in my second town and I have never even purchased a fortune cookie. I got everything with my first mayor, but not a lick of it is in his house. I do have one Nintendo room at my museum that I think is better than most I've seen, because it was set up with the idea of it being an exhibit and not just storage. I'm pretty proud of that display, even if every inch of walkable space has a bush start.

My entry room in Pangola has a lot of rococo. I think it looks pretty nice.

You could say that a house is generic/common/boring, but once you start calling people such-and-such, you get into personal ground. Remember to not do this again to avoid conflicts with other players.

Now, I don't care how people dress their houses and the like in the showcase. If I want to explore people's houses, I do so in dream codes shared by the community here. Plaza is only useful when it comes to order things you don't have in your catalog, especially when you're still starting out. If you're already pro, you don't go to the showcase for things you don't have (especially when you're dealing with strangers, with little to no communication to begin with). The trading forums has a much higher probability of someone having something you're looking for.

I actually really like it when people use sets that would look nice irl. It doesn't have to even be consistently stuff from the same set. Basically, if it looks like a room that isn't unrealistic, I'm fine. So I generally don't like seeing jingle sets and ice sets. They seem really tacky.

I like the Nintendo items.
I don't think having Nintendo items, mermaid furniture, Rococo, etc. makes someone a bad streetpasser. It's the way they want to play the game. If they want a game room in their house, okay. They want the pretty mermaid set? Okay. They're not bad streetpassers for having popular items, or for having sets not to your liking.
New Leaf didn't click with some people, so they obviously didn't care that much to put effort into their houses.

Rather than say they're bad streetpassers, you could've said what you prefer to not see in houses. They're not bad for customizing their house the way they're satisfied with.

edit: though the tone of my post is kinda harsh, and unintentionally so, I do like to see variation in towns and houses just like you. I just think that if people wanna do popular stuff it doesn't make them bad players. :)

Last edited:
While I agree that calling people "bad streetpassers" is a little harsh, I do know what you mean, it is a little boring seeing the same things over and over again.
Not trying to be rude of course, but I have mad respect for people that go out of their way to make something different and well put together! I love getting streetpasses, but when I get one that just has a lot of thought put into it, its pretty inspiring!
I'll admit I'm guilty of the rococo set, but it really does tie in nicely with my bedroom~ I'm not a fan however of rooms that are just purely one set after another, its really more fun to mix and match pieces I think.

Obviously I'm not going to be judgmental of how people decorate, if you like it thats great! And I don't think OP wasn't trying to be mean either. Its just cool seeing how people make use of the wide variety of furniture in game.

I'm really fond of that music, and can never get sick of it, so i'll have it forever, but yeah I agree with everything else.

It probably does get boring hearing the same music over and over though heh.

I definitely agree with the nintendo items though. Everyone has them and I hate hate seeing that link hood.. or it could just be that I don't like the Zelda series.. maybe it's my own personal problems ;p

I don't get much Streetpass where I live so I don't know if I'm missing out on something good or bad tbh...
Well my house has the Sweets, princess, ice, campus, 7-11 and sloppy sey (all complete) but I'd say I like to mix and match them.
Along with a stuffed room of villagers pics ;w;
The only other person I Streetpassed was a girl and their house looked moderately 'incomplete' (not to be offending or anything) and the other Streetpass was from Nintendo and their Pikmin 3 house . _.

Only a few things I could actually say I am tired of seeing.
I do agree with you on this, OP. The rococo series does look pretty nice(just my opionon, but hey, I like any antique furniture), but seeing it in the same place over and over and OVER does get pretty boring. Why do you always put the rococo series on the right side of the room? Why is the Mario set always the first floor main room?

These are questions I honestly didn't exist. I like to change stuff up a little, so when I make my rococo room, it'll probably be my main room. A Mario room is definitely out of the question for me.

Bad looking streetpassers? Well, your not calling them bad, you're just saying that they look bad. It's all a matter of opoinon, really!
The only streetpasses I've had are the ones Nintendo sends out. Most of the, (I GOT OVER 150,000 points with the HRA my house looks so nice wippideedo!) Nintendo streetpasses are the most generic.

The problem with judging people on the Paw Print Wall, red Bed, Nintendo items is the fact that they obviously are fairly new to the game my house contained all of that stuff when i first started playing because I thought the Fortune cookies were the coolest thing and I did need a bed to start out with so ya know?

Also a lot of people play just to have fun and roam around so they don;t have tons of stuff I know compared to most people on this forum my house is probably weird since I don't use specific sets or what not.

You also need to understand the fact a lot of younger children play this game as well, so they don;t come online and have the opportunities to trade and buy what they want/need not everyone knows a forum to get stuff from. Some people are completely oblivious to so many of the secrets of different things you get. I can guarantee I wouldn't have paths/and other what nots that make my town look at least decent to other standards if I had not learned about the forums.

I mean really when you think about it if you were not on a forum would you really be able to collect all the stuff you need would you have learned about sets, hybrids, and all the nifty knick nacks you now know about I wouldn't.

I mean I have been playing Pokemon since I was a tot and only recently learned about IVs/EVs and Competitive battling because i was just playing the game to have fun not have the perfect magazine cover team.

This is the same thing people should be able to play and have fun without stingy, stuck up, perfect town people judging them.

I would say that is just my 2 cents but that is probably at least a quarter...;)

When I check out the houses at the HHA plaza, I can tell if a player is a noob with a house full of crappy furniture by the SIZE of the house and the clothes that they're wearing. I'm also annoyed by people using Nintendo items to decorate their house. It's a cheap way to make your house look good without much effort.

I rarely had any streetpasser so I welcome all of them, either a bad house or not, I don't mind. If I don't like it, I dont favourite their house, rarely I did go in and visit too. Still, nobody has the right to criticize whether that is a bad or good house as everyone can play the game the way they like it. I love my Rococo series very much, very classic and my favourite music is Bubblegum K.K.~

I got 180 Animal Crossing Streetpassers so far and i've noticed a pattern with the houses and players i got. Most of them are cookie cutter if you ask me because i listed the signs of a bad-looking player and it's house furniture.
SIGNS OF A BAD-LOOKING STREETPASSER

• House containing a Paw-Print Wall
  • House containing Basic Red Bed
  • Anything from Re-tail when the player first moved in the house
  • All Nintendo items
  • Balloon Series
  • Nintendo Village designs
  • Lantern
  • Music Box with Bubblegum K.K. & K.K. Disco.
  • Default Town tune
  • Same generic starting player picture
  • Player wearing Link Hats and other Nintendo Stuff
  • Same generic "Thanks!" phrase

Sorry if this have may offended you all, but it's just generic to see the same nintendo items appear in the houses.

Bubblegum K.K. and K.K. Disco are good songs. There's nothing wrong with them. I leave them playing in my house as well. Everything else you dislike on the list describe noobs.

Oh and i love how the Bow Wig or whatever isn't on the list (EVERYONE HAS THAT SO WHY IS IT NOT BAD?) I guess that is because it is expensive so it is allowed right but if we use cheap items that are used a lot it is bad... I mean seriously this seems like a snobby ACNL Rich Club Boast and Bag lets bag on those who don;t have super expensive items like us haha tehee.. I mean seriously everyone just wants to have fun , If you don;t like their house simply do not spend much time on it doesn't mean ya have to criticize it.. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Back