• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I get it?

Is it worth to buy?

• Worth it, man!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Way off, bruh.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Applez

Awesome Member
Bells
People say it is good but I would also need a memory card and a controller to get it. Is it worth saving up my allowance for? :confused:

I personally think so :) There's so many things you can get in it that you can't get in the other games. Probably my favourite out of the series, that or New Leaf... I can't decide. XD

no.

wait until your older and can afford it yourself, without needing to save up your allowance, and then get a cheap copy somewhere.

Eh. If you want to experience the older titles in the series, then go for it. It does have its strengths over the newer games. But I wouldn't personally recommend buying it over New Leaf.

Eh. If you want to experience the older titles in the series, then go for it. It does have its strengths over the newer games. But I wouldn't personally recommend buying it over New Leaf.

I agree with this. There's a few things that the Gamecube Animal Crossing has that the other games don't, but New Leaf simply has so much more to do. If you don't have much money, I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Definitely. There's just so much to love about this game.

For one thing, the dialogue. New Leaf is definitely an amazing game, but it seems like the villagers in that game are too friendly. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in AC:GC, villager personalities are very different from each other, and they can say some pretty funny and rude things. Also, the snooties are actually snooty, and the crankies are actually cranky. Villagers also walk away sad or angry from conversations much more often, and sometimes you don't even have to say anything for them to walk away upset. A lot of the things they say are just plain hilarious, too. My sister was playing the game yesterday and talked to a peppy villager (I believe she was peppy), and out of the blue she just said something like "EW! Get away from me! I don't want people to think we're, like, FRIENDS or something!" We were laughing so hard.

Phyllis is also a lot ruder in this game, though I think she's the rudest in WW.

And while we're talking about dialogue, villagers say WAY more stuff in this game than in the newer ones. Dialogue is rarely repeated. I've had this game for 3 years and villagers are still saying stuff I've never heard before.

Secondly, there's way more variety to what you can do to help villagers. You can deliver something to another villager, get something that a villager loaned to someone else back, plant flowers around the villager's house, get the villager a bug/fish, get the villager a ball that you can kick around, etc.

Here's the ball you can kick around, by the way:

tumblr_mq0ccmRmsy1qft3kko1_500.jpg

Make sure you don't accidentally kick it in the river like this person did lol. You can find balls randomly around town, and you just have to push them around. Just remember that they move a lot more easily than snowballs of their size.

Also, it can fall into a hole, but you can hit it out of the hole with a shovel. But if you walk out of the acre while the ball is in a hole, it will disappear.

Back to what I was saying, you can even directly ask villagers to help. When talking to villagers, the three options are something similar to (depending on the villager): "Need any help?", "I wanna chat!", and "Nevermind." It's likely that they'll say they don't need help with anything, but it's still cool that you can help a villager if you want to and you won't be asked to help if you don't want to.

Also there's no grasswear in this game, so running is okay. <3 You also don't need to breed hybrids; Nook sells them for the same price as a regular flower. Just be careful where you plant flowers since you can't pick them up in this game.

There's also a fountain in this game, which is about the equivalent of the town plaza in NL, where tons of events are held, like the morning aerobics and the sports fair. You go there to check the town status, and when you ask about the town status and it says there's something wrong with the town, it tells you specifically which acre has the problem. If there's something you were supposed to deliver to a villager from another villager, but both villagers moved, you can go there to give the item to the fountain. It's pretty cool.

The town size is also the biggest of all the games, and there are cliffs in the middle of the town.

Also I just randomly found this picture:

VOOPL.jpg

The title was something like "YES!!! I GOT THE DOUBLE BRIDGE ISLAND!" so I guess it's something that many people can get. Pretty awesome imo.

There are tons of other reasons to get the game, like the fact that when you pay off all your loan to Nook you get a golden statue of yourself in front of the train station, signposts are something you can buy from Nook and move around instead of it being a public works project, you can get NES games and play them, Nook gives out raffle tickets when you buy furniture and clothes from him and there's a raffle at the end of each month, villagers may randomly bury items (usually NES games) in a certain acre and post on the message board where they buried it, there are random glowing spots where you can dig up 1,000, 10,000, or even 30,000 bells and plant a shovel there to grow a golden shovel tree, sometimes when you dig anywhere with a golden shovel you'll dig up 100 bells, balloons land on trees and you shake the present down and they give you stuff like fruit instead of furniture from the balloon series, Gracie comes to town and you wash her car for clothes by pressing A as quickly as possible, both Copper and Booker work at the police station rather than having to choose which one you want, and so much more.

Lol I feel like I'm writing a persuasive essay for school.

But yeah, this game is amazing. If you can get it, I say go for it. Memory cards cost around 5 bucks, so you can buy few of those so you can have multiple towns.

Back