• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Shiny recolours?

Would you collect shiny alternates?

• No, it would be too exhausting now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Snek

Time To Party 🎉
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Tasty Cake
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
If you collect shinies, you'll know that some mons have wonderful shinies and some do not...
1000041864.jpg

Yes...those collect will collect regardless but...

Would you want shiny alternates if they were added?

Here is an example
1000041863.jpg

Vanilla Garchomp has a....terrible shiny by most standards. What if they created alternates?
Would you collect them? Comment below.

I'm currently on a (laid-back) quest to obtain a full shiny dex, so yes, I would collect them.

Some of them really do deserve better in the shiny department, Garchomp especially. Gible and Gabite both look pretty cool, I don't know what they were thinking when they did Garchomp. I wouldn't be half surprised if Pikachu's boring shiny is deliberate. Some companies really don't want you to stray too from their original mascot.

I would absolutely collect them too. I always thought it would be fun to have a shiny variation based on albinism (white with red eyes) or hyper melanism (all black).

if they were good recolors? yes, probably. i try to attempt a living shiny dex with every game (sans violet, method is too tedious for me) but have never made it far lol. if it's a shiny that doesn't look much different from the original, i usually just skip it and/or save it until last. only exceptions are glaceon, flareon and leafeon because they're all in my top five pokemon and usually on my team.

I would 100% go for ones that get updated better shiny alts cause there are a good number of really bad in existence. I mostly dislike the ones that aren’t different enough to notice. The more subtle ones that you can still tell easily enough are usually not too bad though.

I would probably try to hatch some of them, sure, if any such recolors were to my liking. One I'd particularly like to see is shiny Rapidash's flames being blue, like Ponyta's, instead of the bland grey colored flames it has. Or heck, maybe green flames, green flames are cool too. Some of the ones like Garchomp, Gengar, etc. who look remarkably similar to their normal coloration would also obviously be nice to see given a second chance with a new coat of paint.

I've never been one to collect all the shinies for a shiny Pokédex or anything. I just pursue the specific shinies that appeal to me personally, so it would just be a case-by-case basis. Unfortunately, I don't see something like this ever happening, and outside of them just outright changing the original shiny colors, I don't see a way they could implement "alternate" shinies that wouldn't be clunky.

I'd love to see some alternate shiny forms! I only do very casual/laidback shiny hunting so I probably wouldn't actively try to collect any, but just knowing they'd exist and having a chance to find one would be super cool for me. There's a lot of great Pokémon out there that deserve cooler shinies than the ones they got.

i never really got into shiny hunting, i don't think i have the patience or the stamina to be honest. i also had more fun trying to complete my pokedex. i do like looking up all the different shiny forms! i've always loved the ones that look better than the original + the more colourful variants!! i get bummed out when i see a shiny version that looks the same as the regular version as the original pokemon....like where's the fun in that 😭

I'm not a huge shiny hunter, so I probably wouldn't care too much. But I do have to admit some Pokemon shinies are really ugly and could use it badly, lol.

I definitely would try if it were pokemon I already enjoy the existing designs of anyway! Quite a few of my favs have boring shinies so new variants would be cool.

Anything is better then the random lime green shinies. I'd feel more inclined to collect some if they had better recolours.

I was very tempted to say yes but then I remembered I don't enjoy shiny hunting and give up very easily. The only times I ever enjoyed it were fan games, like browser ones...
But yes, I would still like more shiny colors to exist. Shinies like Plusle and Phanpy are so disappointing and I'm sorry, but I don't like shiny Dragonite.

On the other hand, some of my favorite shinies are pink or green and I always found it weird how much they were complained about (with some exceptions because I maybe only like half of the green ones). Like, what do you mean that are people that hate shiny Weavile??

Back