• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Shiny Pokemon ID Checker[No Longer Works]

It would appear this method of getting shiny pokemon is officially gone. Latest update made Instacheck HotSpot no longer work.

Last edited:
just an fyi, some people may disapprove of it anyway. using outside programs could be considered cheating.

They did a exploit patch on Trade and Wifi Battles. And people are confirming that instacheck doesn't work anymore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

just an fyi, some people may disapprove of it anyway. using outside programs could be considered cheating.

It was disapproved by a LOT of people[most of which used it anyway lol]. Also, there's rumors that cloning has been fixed as well.

edit: Nope, the cloners still get to be lazy and get their perfect IV pokemon from other people because they're too lazy to do the work themselves.

Last edited:
Darn. I never got any of my eggs checked in the end. Had a perfect vulpix waiting. It seems like very very few people got it to work though so not surprising.

Did anyone on this forum get it to work when it was a thing?

Last edited:
I know violetneko had it working.

(edit: can anyone tell me what's going on with my title? I'm seeing the coding along with my actual title....)

Last edited:
Do any of you know if they lowered the encounter rate of shinies in the friend safari? Not that I have experienced anything, I'm just curious!

I've never seen a shiny pop up there myself. Only wild shinies I've found are from the fishing chain method, which instantly makes them worthless because of how easy it is to get fishing shinies.

I've never seen a shiny pop up there myself. Only wild shinies I've found are from the fishing chain method, which instantly makes them worthless because of how easy it is to get fishing shinies.

I've found three shiny pokemon there in the past: shiny electrode and two shiny drowzee, so I'm hoping the odds remain the same!

Yea hopefully. I've only run into one: a shiny Garbodor. Other than that, nada :(.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did anyone on this forum get it to work when it was a thing?

Yep and had a few eggs hatched as well. A Charmander, a Houndour and a Timburr. I'm very thankful to the people who took the time to hatch them as well :).

Also been busy helping other's hatch their eggs too.

Do any of you know if they lowered the encounter rate of shinies in the friend safari? Not that I have experienced anything, I'm just curious!

apparently there is a fixed rate in the FS for shiny Pokemon, and the more you encounter the same species of Pokemon, the % shiny rate goes down. Each time you enter the FS this value resets tho.

Pretty much enter the FS and save as soon as you enter, then find a wild Pokemon, if it's not shiny, soft reset so the value goes back to the highest it can be.

Like I said, this isn't really confirmed but back whenever I did it, I managed to get 3 or 4 shiny's in around half an hour,

apparently there is a fixed rate in the FS for shiny Pokemon, and the more you encounter the same species of Pokemon, the % shiny rate goes down. Each time you enter the FS this value resets tho.

Pretty much enter the FS and save as soon as you enter, then find a wild Pokemon, if it's not shiny, soft reset so the value goes back to the highest it can be.

Like I said, this isn't really confirmed but back whenever I did it, I managed to get 3 or 4 shiny's in around half an hour,

This seems to go completely against the idea of chaining. But I guess chaining is a different mechanic

Ah, ok, Jinjiro, I thought you meant Instacheck had an update. I haven't updated anything, so I wonder if it'd still work for me...

Jake, good to know! It'll make less wasted time in the FS :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh well! Fun while it lasted! Guess the reddit giveaways will end... With a Tyrunt :3
You guys should check for last minute things too.

Last edited:
What chain do you people normally have to get for fishing shinies? I've had it at over 100 many times but I've had no luck yet. I wondered if having it too high was a bad thing but probably not?

What chain do you people normally have to get for fishing shinies? I've had it at over 100 many times but I've had no luck yet. I wondered if having it too high was a bad thing but probably not?

For chain fishing most people typically get one around 40, it they actually last that long.

I'm lucky if I get get up to 7 in chain fishing :(. Still gotta practice more with it I guess. Will be trying out the FS method and see if it helps me in my shiny hunts.

I've found three shiny pokemon there in the past: shiny electrode and two shiny drowzee, so I'm hoping the odds remain the same!

Lucky. I love shiny Drowzees :).

Last edited:
Back