sharing names with villagers

twerkstrider

skinny legend
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
i remember there being a thread about whether or not you shared your name with a villager and some people didn't B( so, just to double check (because i apparently have way too much time on my hands) i went through all of the villagers' names in japanese and found some possible match ups! yaaaaay!

it's a long list so i'll put it under a spoiler~ if you want to find your name quickly, just show the spoiler and hold ctrl + f and type in the first few letters!
eg. so if you were like "dang, my name's jess but no villager has my name" fuchsia's japanese name is jessica :D (i just didn't want people to feel left out ;;;; )

boys
butch/john
cesar/alan
harry/oliver
rooney/mike
wart jr./sam
beau/peter
curlos/carlos
dobie/ken
joey/richard
prince/carl
stu/maurice
biff/gabriel
pierece/sebastian
rod/jean
rory/arthur
colton/anthony
julian/julie (japanese literally translates to the feminine name)
rodney/jimmy
zell/nelson

girls
bitty/amy
bree/sara
broffina/cassandra
diana/natalie
friga/sabrina
gigi/linda
maelle/anne
pecan/rebecca
portia/brenda
willow/mary
june/may
marcie/maria
melba/adelaide
pekoe/jasmine
tia/tina
bella/isabella
bonbon/mimi
bunnie/lilian
chrissy/cristine
dotty/martha
paula/rachel
cherry/hannah
deirdre/nadia
fuchsia/jessica
hazel/iris
shari/shelly
tammy/anessa

Woah haha so many changes for the American version O:
My name is Natalia, but it's the same as Natalie, so I share my name with Diana? XD

Omg I thought no one had my name (Sebastian) but it turns out Pierce is Sebastian in japan XD awesome!

Nope. My real name is actually Bethany, so the closest thing is 'Biff' which sounds a little like 'Beff' or 'Beffa' which is what I've called myself on online communities for a while. Also, Biff has been a nickname of mine from my family from when I was very little. But Biff is a fat hippo ;-; and it's a boy I think?

The closest I have is Bree's, which is Sara, so my name without the H at the end.

Last edited:
i don't share a name with a villager but i share a name with katie the lost kitten

Nothing matches my real name, though as I've said in many a contest thread my brother's name is Julian :p

Surprisingly, I share my name with Julian, although it's the male version of my name. I'm Julienne.
Everyone used to call me Julie in high school because for some reason they couldn't pronounce Julienne lol. I hated it.
Too bad I don't like Julian that much

Back