Share Your Island Map

3qM44PN.jpg

Here's mine currently. I haven't done too much terraforming other than around my campsite and secret beach, a little bit around my house, and some slight adjustments to the river shape on the right hand side.

Not really too sure what the end goal will be. I'm not doing any major planning, just adjusting things as I go and seeing how it looks. I'm mainly trying to move around villager houses and bridge placements before i do anything else major. also still need a 10th villager

island.png

Now that I finally have all the islanders I wanted (still looking for an Uchi I really like to replace tammy) I finally started working on how i want to set up my island. So far I finshed the main bridges, set up my orchard and forest area so now I'm working on redoing my flower area since all thee 3rd tiers are used for flowers and it takes up to much space for me now.

I also have to figure out how I want to set up the houses since I don't like how scattered they are.

alright, 3 days of terraforming and 4 Million Bells worth of demolishing and rebuilding bridges, inclines, moving villagers/buildings out and back, I finally got my map to look the way I wanted it to.

BEFORE:
IMG_8191 2.JPG

AFTER:
95220326_10219218407305372_5015381075594051584_o.jpg

the flow is so much better, and you know that feeling when you finally complete and project and you just want to sit back and take it all in? Decorating has much so much fun for me post terraforming. There's a bunch of areas (like lower left, and just to the right of Redd's beach) that I don't know what to with just yet, but I'm going to leave them blank for now pending new furniture and building updates.

Mine looks a mess but it's really not. A lot of what it shows as pathways are dirt flowerbed areas on my Island..

map.jpg

Isle Xane, update 1
IsleXaneMap2.jpg

Isle Xane has made some good progress since its map was last seen. Within a month, there's now some unique changes to its layout, most notably the X-shaped river/moat around my house. That was the only idea I could think of before the game was released, and here it is now! Another change is the upper-left corner, which is where the campsite was moved to last night, along with my mom (second human resident)'s house. Blathers will like his new location, since it won't be on the beach tomorrow.​

Welcome to Little Oak!

I finally got the lay-out of my dreams after resetting for quite a bit. Was not happy with my previous lay-out and town name Nebula Bay. Little Oak is a nod to my town of Oakheart in NL.

Blue airport, apples, Resident Services located in the mid of the grid, peninsula in lower corner, long dock, big rock formations I can put lots of furniture on, secret beach in the middle.

So excited to re-start my adventure again with all these improvements that bothered my in my previous layout! :love:

EW980EaU8AA4DNA.jpg

Last edited:
Isle Xane, update 1
View attachment 250272
Isle Xane has made some good progress since its map was last seen. Within a month, there's now some unique changes to its layout, most notably the X-shaped river/moat around my house. That was the only idea I could think of before the game was released, and here it is now! Another change is the upper-left corner, which is where the campsite was moved to last night, along with my mom (second human resident)'s house. Blathers will like his new location, since it won't be on the beach tomorrow.​

How do you guys make such perfect shapes using the river tool? I spent hours trying make my river into a leaf shape, and I had to quit because I kept messing up 😂

lovely map btw!

Welcome to Little Oak!

I finally got the lay-out of my dreams after resetting for quite a bit. Was not happy with my previous lay-out and town name Nebula Bay. Little Oak is a nod to my town of Oakheart in NL.

Blue airport, apples, Resident Services located in the mid of the grid, peninsula in lower corner, long dock, big rock formations I can put lots of furniture on, secret beach in the middle.

So excited to re-start my adventure again with all these improvements that bothered my in my previous layout! :love:

View attachment 251495
I saw your previous post with Nebula Bay and it made me think about restarting to get the airport and resident services on the side (I have it centered). What are the reasons you prefer centered over the placement you had on your previous map? I’m happy you found your dream map😊

I saw your previous post with Nebula Bay and it made me think about restarting to get the airport and resident services on the side (I have it centered). What are the reasons you prefer centered over the placement you had on your previous map? I’m happy you found your dream map😊
Mostly because of terraform limitations. I thought I would have enough space, but ended up being really limited on the right side of the plaza. I found out the centered placement w/ airport on the right works just as well, as you reach the plaza in a straight line up from the airport as well! :)

How do you guys make such perfect shapes using the river tool? I spent hours trying make my river into a leaf shape, and I had to quit because I kept messing up 😂

lovely map btw!
Thank you. For the X-shaped river, I was very precise when determining how big it would be. I equally spaced out the tiles that the X goes inward towards, then drew a 'X' using single tiles of water. After that, I moved outward three tiles from there then repeated that process, editing cliffs as I got near them.

With the outline done, I just had to fill in all of the parts between my outlines, giving me a very precise filled-in X. (I got lucky with my placement, as I ended up just on the right edge of the land. Just one tile further to the right and I wouldn't have been able to complete my X. (It's 8 tiles out diagonally them 6 tiles to connect the lines from the inside, hard to explain.)

EXG9jLAUYAAXfel.jpg

this is the closest I've ever been to being happy with my island, and tbh it's still not very impressive... but it's easy to navigate and all my neighbors have their own personalized yard (except for Lionel who needs to take a hint and yeet), which was one of my goals. I need to decorate the shopping area a little more, but I think this is more or less my definitive map!

New Horizons Picture 02.jpg

Restarted for the last time yesterday and I'm now very happy with my new current town! For the last several weeks I kept restarting and put like 400 hours into the game trying to find something I like. It wasn't so much the town map I was unhappy with, it was the town name, but then yesterday, it finally hit me on a good town name! I was looking up syllables and different parts for a town name and I saw the word "elm" and thought putting "pi" at the end sounded really nice! So this will definitely be my town for now on. By the way, the name is pronounced El-m-pea. I thought it sounded really unique, plus kinda cute. :3

Back