• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Share Your Entries! (Fire Festival 2015 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun Falls

My name is Gin. I live on a tropical island where the summer is always here. The winters still feel like summer. The sun is always black now. It used to be regular. My story has just begun.

" Wake up! It's morning! " My dad told me. I walked down the stairs to see him cooking breakfast. The sun was so bright that day. " Bacon? " I asked him. " You know. " My dad said. I walked to the sliding glass door that we had in our house for some fresh air. The trees were tall in our yard, and we had a great view of the ocean. The summers were great, we had it all year.

" Breakfast is ready! " My dad told me. " Be right there. " I told him as i was walking back. " Thanks! " I told him. As i finished my breakfast i heard a sound. " Is that the dog? " I had asked myself. I wanted to see the dog. It was coming from the yard, as we had a small brick wall and some grass over the wall.

" Hey Spot! " Our dog was standing right by the wall, looking at something. I sat down on the wall, letting him jump on me. He was a pretty small dog, some kind of terrier.
" It sure is hot out. " But the sun was out. I could feel it. " It's only 5:00. The sun shouldn't be out till 6:00. " That was strange, it was like the sun was beaming on my back as i sat on the wall. But i knew it was there, and it was different.

Was that right? I double checked to see if the sun was up. It wasn't. But it was there. I could feel it. I went back in the house after that. I took our dog with me into the house, and i looked for my dad. " Dad? " I yelled. He didn't respond. " Oh yeah. " I realized he went to work shortly after that. " What do i do? It's only me home right now. Mom is at work. " I took Spot into my room and closed the door.

I opened the window to check if the sun was up, and it was. Just, black. " Black sun again. " I said to myself. I grabbed the phone and called my dad. He works in the sun, so it should be okay. " Hello? Hey dad, the sun is black again. " I told him. " What? No it isn't, again. " He told me. Why is it black? It was black for such a long time. I don't remember when it was regular.

It started 4 years ago. i started seeing things different. The sun always turned black, and the moon was always red. I always loved to research about the sun and the moon, and why they turn different colors. Whenever i researched, it always said it was lunar and solar eclipses. " Is it a color blindness or something like that? " I said while looking out the window at the sun. The doctors never told me or my parents. They always said i was just making stuff up. But I wasn't.

I ended up falling asleep on my chair still looking at the window, my dog was let out of my room by my mom. The moon was a deep red, just how it always was since that day. " What even happened that day? I really don't remember. " I said to myself. " Think think! " I said. I still don't remember. Nobody does. It's just a lost memory by now, I'm the only one that still remembers even a little bit about it.

I went to my bed and went to sleep. " I'll see another day. If anyone even remembers. " When i woke up, i went straight to my computer. I looked up: Sun incident 4 years ago.
" No results, as expected. " But i had know, but nobody remembers it. " Was it erased from their mind? Or am i being paranoid? " I asked myself.

I ran downstairs and went straight into the yard. The only thing i was gonna do that day was observe if the sun or moon would change colors. I grabbed a chair and sat down.
And thats when i realized it. Nobody wants to find out what happened. They are afraid of what happened so they forcefully forgot. But I wasn't gonna just forget like everybody else. I looked at the sun, and it was black again today. It always was black since that day. I had went back into the house to get some water, and when i went back outside, the sun was still black. Was i expecting a change?

I just don't get it. " Why does nobody remember anything? " I had asked myself. Maybe i should just give up. Maybe i should accept the truth. I'm different, i see things different. Im not regular, if i was why would the sun and moon be different colors? It was at that moment, i could see things regular. It was when i accepted.

Whats with the smiley lol

Last edited:
Ack mine doesn't look good compared to these ;-;
5escwo.jpg

Last edited:
Been working on my art entry for the past two hours or so, burned out for now so I'm taking a break. Also have an idea for the written entry but haven't started, hopefully I'll have time :p

had an amazing summer day today, not sure which picture to submit for the photography competition?? it all represents a typical summer day in Hawai'i <3

199770_1847705759748_6150172_n.jpg262794_2135670638690_626630_n.jpg10384292_10206960368515049_1778976334474656038_n.jpg11222136_10206960368715054_7604894549129647006_n.jpg11694820_10206960367235017_6315440409534388141_n.jpg11750725_10206960823686428_1208622503690785899_n.jpg

^Submission Previews^

Whoo. So I'm done with all my submissions, here are the last two-

My photo-
006.jpg
Yea... Not the greatest picture, I know. It was the most summer-y thing I could find around my house.

My Story submission:
1000 Summer Lights

The afternoon carried a cool breeze as the sounds of murmuring cicadas filled the warm air with an irritating, yet somehow soothing, summer symphony. The sky was painted in an orange hue that faded into pink, as if someone had left a bowl of strawberry mango sherbert out in the sun. It truly would have been a perfect end to the day, if the scene wasn?t being ruined by by the artificial humming of an electric fan.

There were at least 1000 ways Kate would rather be spending her precious summer vacation right now, but unfortunately for her, summer break meant that she had to run the family snow-cone business in the blistering heat while everyone else was off actually enjoying their time.Not to she say she hated working for her parents, (because, hey, free snow cones all summer) but she did admit that it was a lot of time to take away from her summer, and the last one before she started college at that.

?C?mon Kate.? a voice pesters from behind the counter. ?Do ittt?.?

?I already told you no, now are you going to order something or leave?? Kate replies to the pleas in an annoyed tone.

?This is the last weekend of our summer, and you?re going to spend this precious time wasting it here? You worked all summer, now?s the time to finally take a breakfor once!?

?Yep.? Kate answers to her friend?s question. ?And you do realize that ?taking a break? would mean I have to actually come back to work, unlike you who takes four hour lunch breaks...?

?Don?t you want to have any fun this summer? All you?ve done was work, work, work for three months straight, don?t you think that you owe it yourself to actually do something exciting as a reward?? Kate?s friend Tyra whines.

?Well I?m sorry I can?t just go off on exciting adventures all day, because unlike some people, I have actual responsibilities I need to take care of.? Kate says, wiping down the counter. ?Besides, who said taking orders and scooping ice wasn?t exciting?? she says, half-way joking.

?Ugh... You're such a stick in the mud, you know that? And I already told Darren that you?d be coming to the party tonight, and you wouldn?t want to disappoint him by not showing up, right?? Tyra teases while twirling her hair.

That name catches Kate?s attention. She feels her cheeks flush with red without her realizing ?Darren?s going to be there? Well, maybe I could go for a little while?? she thinks out loud, ?Where is the place that it?s being held??

?Hahaha!? Tyra laughs enthusiastically. ?I knew you?d finally crack and say yes! It?s being held out in the baseball field across the mall. It?s called the Night of Lights. There's going to be a bonfire, torches, and a fireworks show later on. Oh, and you?ll also need this to get in.? She hands Kate a light blue colored wristband. ?8:00 sharp. And be sure to wear something nice in case you know who shows up?? winking to Kate as she walks away.

Kate looks down at the wrist band that Tyra gave to her. One part of her wanted to stay and work, because it was the ?right? thing to do, but the other part of her was the cat dying of curiosity inside her as she wanted to know more about the Night of Lights. She carefully takes the tape off the wristband and wraps it around her left wrist and walks out of the snowball stand, turning the Open sign to Closed on her way out the door. Well, there was no going back now. (because that wrist band tape is impossible to remove)
--------------------------------------------

The party was supposed to get started at around 8:00 pm, but as always, Kate arrived earlier than expected. The sky was already fading into a dark purple hue, and a few stars were out. When she got to the open field, she discovered that there were a lot of people there, mostly older teens and college students. She began to feel a little intimidated surrounded by so many unknown faces. There wasn?t anyone she knew here besides Tyra, who was hanging out making out with her boyfriend. Why did I let Tyra talk me into this?? She thought to herself.

Suddenly a voice calls out to her from behind. She spins around, and sees a tall, brown eyed guy walking up to her. It?s Darren, the guy she?s had a crush on since the beginning of sophomore year. Tyra told her he would be coming, but actually seeing him here was another story. She never really talked with him much before except maybe when he was hanging out with Tyra?s boyfriend. Well, here?s your chance now?Don?t screw it up. She thought to herself with a nervous nod.

?Hey, you're here a little early, aren?t you? We?re still setting up around here. Want to lend a hand?? he ask, smiling at her.

?S-Sure. Why not? I?d love to.? Kate replies, returning the smile. ?So what is this festival for, anyway??

?We celebrate this festival every to commemorate the end of summer. My brother used to hold this every year, but since he?s moved on, I?m taking the tradition over now.? he says, grinning with pride. ?The last few good nights of light.?

?Oh, sounds fun.? Kate says, trying to sound interested. The truth was though, she almost didn?t even show up if it weren?t for Tyra talking her into it? She still felt a pang of guilt for leaving her job unattended. But then again, she would have also missed all this?excitement going on here.

?Thanks.? Darren says. ?We just have to light these torches and we?ll all be set. Toss me that lighter.? Darren shouts, pointing to the lighter on the ground.

?This one?? She picks up the nearest lighter and tosses it to Darren.

?That?s it. Now all we have to do light up these torches and we have our Night of Lights!? he shouts excitedly.

?Yayyyy.? Kate says quietly with a little enthusiasm, sitting on the grass alone while everyone else around her is either dancing or socializing.

?Here.? Darren says, handing Kate the torch. ?Will out do the honors of lighting the last one? It won?t be the perfect Night of Lights without it lit.? He smiles warmly.

?Alright.? Kate says, standing up. ?But watch out, it?s hot.? She says, taking a step back. ?Let the Night of Lights begin!? Kate yells triumphantly.

Everyone begins to cheer and clap, and Kate suddenly feels that the night was worthwhile after all. She puts her arms down, forgetting the torch in her hand is still lit. Cinders fall from the scorching flame at her feet and onto the bag below, which happens to house the evening's planned firework show.

?Watch out, the bag?s lit!? Someone from the crowd yells. Kate looks down and runs away just in time before hundreds of fireworks go off at her feet. The pitch black-sky is illuminated with dozens of brightly colored burst of fire all at once. Everyone gazes in awe at the beauty and wonder it gives off at the same time.

?I think we found out what the next year will be called.? Darren laughs, starting at the sky. ?1000 Summer Lights.?

?Yea?? Kate nods in agreement. Still, it wouldn?t get more perfect than this, would it?

You took those all today?

yes, all except the nighttime one. that was from a few days ago. im waiting for the sun to go down to get the same shot so i can possibly use it for this competition. its only about 6 right now, but just waiting so i can get the waikiki city lights by the beach:) but i posted it as an example of whats the come:)

Well bummer. I wrote and submitted a piece that was a real account (about when we got acnl and the fabulous summer we had that year) and now there is a rule about only fictional writing. :( So bummed. Back to square 1.

Well bummer. I wrote and submitted a piece that was a real account (about when we got acnl and the fabulous summer we had that year) and now there is a rule about only fictional writing. :( So bummed. Back to square 1.

Aw sorryy. : ( Maybe write about your first summer in AC:NL from the perspective of your mayor? :)

This ones my art :D
tumblr_ns50dgXZRa1uz7g0po1_1280.jpg

Im working on my story right now and for my picture im waiting for the perfect time (because its still daytime right now)

I'll share my photo entry, sadly the sunset wasn't as great as I hoped for. But is it weird that I was more interested in the way the rocks were formed? lmao
NxVeCLt.png
had to shrink because it turned out huge when I uploaded to my comp (original was given in my entry post)

Not sure if I should share my story entry yet xD

I'll share my photo entry, sadly the sunset wasn't as great as I hoped for. But is it weird that I was more interested in the way the rocks were formed? lmao
NxVeCLt.png
had to shrink because it turned out huge when I uploaded to my comp (original was given in my entry post)

Not sure if I should share my story entry yet xD

V nice miss Erika

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back