Share Your Entries! (Fire Festival 2015 Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eep so finally finished my piece for reall!
took endless hours of continuous drawing, and im really happy about how it turned out!
UvMvMYy.png

omg! i can't handle this T.T <3
how cute and clever~

- - - Post Merge - - -

it was too much about my personal life experiences..

- - - Post Merge - - -

OKOK so i finished a possible entry? I dont really like this one so I will draw something else and we will see how that one turns out - im not gonna submit any until i think im ready :D

Here it is:

Its a popsicle lmao
View attachment 138460

GO TEAM POPSICLE (this probably wont be my actual entry... but who knows)​

i seriously want to eat that popsicle O.O <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

OKOK so i finished a possible entry? I dont really like this one so I will draw something else and we will see how that one turns out - im not gonna submit any until i think im ready :D

Here it is:

Its a popsicle lmao
View attachment 138460

OMG your art is so amazing, lol. I love it xD

Last edited:
OMG your art is so amazing, lol. I love it xD

haha aw thanks ^-^

i need to make something soo much better if i wanna get a shot at those trophies tho 0.0

i have no idea what else to draw

These are really cute so far!!! Here's what I did. It's pretty kiddie but I still like it. It's my sweet filbert. image.jpg
Btw, I call it filbert's fireworks festival. He's getting ready for happy home designer :)

Last edited:
5BKJG1c.png

My summers always consist of finding myself in fields of fireflies
I'm typically a girl who loves the water, I'm literally at the beach every week
But summers, I come to landlocked states to visit family and stuff
I'm taken out of my element but I still embrace the summer's beauty :3

this is beautiful roroselle!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here it is:

Its a popsicle lmao
View attachment 138460

I really like your drawing. It is very good.

All the entries look fab so far, good luck guys :). Haven't seen any of the stories here yet, so imma get the ball rolling ;).

A group of teenagers sat around a campfire, on one of those hazy summer evenings. Their whole town was practically a forest, so it wasn't difficult to set up a fire and a cozy atmosphere. They weren't the rowdy kind of teenagers you see in reality TV shows and films. No, they were the toasty-marshmallow and giggles kind.

For the most part anyway.

There were six of them. They all worked and lived in the same town: some had been riding the town rails since 2002, others since 2013. But they all shared the same earnest hearts and loyalty, and enjoyed spending time together despite their different personalities.

"Isn't this a beautiful night? I'm so glad that we picked the meteor shower to camp under," the blonde girl babbled. Her locks were bunched together with pink ribbons, with little bells to keep it all intact. As she moved to grab another marshmallow, she jingled.

The scruffiest member of the group smirked, grabbing the easel and paints he had bought earlier. He then started to sketch the sky. "Perfect for a picture, cousin. I can see it now. Starry Night, Van Gogh, three thousand bells. The villagers will lap it up."

After scanning the picture briefly, the red-eyed boy Rover piped up, "But that looks nothing like Starry Night. I've travelled loads, and believe you me I've seen way better counterfeits than that, Redd."

"The villagers aren't going to know that," he shrugged, continuing to work on his masterpiece. "At least I'm doing something creative, unlike Tom over there."

Sure enough, Tom was fiddling with his phone. When he realised all of his friends were staring at him pointedly, he awkwardly explained, "I left my nephews in charge of the family shop you see..."

"I can feel your stress energy from all the way over here." Katrina glanced at Tom from underneath her eyelashes. The boys all grinned hazily. They hadn't got over her recent transformation yet. "Tell him, Izzy."

The pink-ribboned blonde, Isabelle, huffed a little. She didn't like being told what to do by anyone but the mayor of their town. "Tom, we all came out here to have a good time, okay?" She slightly smiled at him. "I'm sure the boys will be fine."

"...yes, yes," Tom murmured. He tucked his phone into his trouser pocket, and turned towards them all. "So what are we all going to be up to this summer, hm?"

Isabelle tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Busy, busy. The mayor is going on holiday, so she has extended my internship. I have to make sure that the bug-off goes off without a hitch, as well as the fireworks." She beamed brightly. Then, sparked by an idea, she swivelled towards the pale boy in the corner. He was nodding his head, strumming his guitar gently. "K.K.? I could really use your DJing skills for all that."

The guitarist stopped abruptly. "You know I dislike DJing, Izzy. I can't afford my rent without it, that's the only reason I do it. Those fat cats don't understand how difficult it is for us students to survive."

A melancholy feeling swept across the group. It was an unspoken fact in the group how lucky Isabelle, Rover and Nook were. When the town was all but tumbleweeds, Tom's family had moved in and started to control the local economy with their degree-level minds. Rover was one of the few villagers that didn't suffer from travel sickness. This, along with his charisma, allowed him to become a permanent tour guide. Even Isabelle had simply bowled over the Town Hall executives, practically having the internship given to her on a golden platter.

Katrina, Redd and K.K. though?... They were free spirits. But free spirits don't tend to do well in the real world.

"Yes, well, bad times are only times that are bad. You'll be a full-time musician soon enough," Katrina purred. "Now this negativity is really throwing off my senses. Could you play us a little camping tune?"

K.K. started to say something in retort, but he stopped as he saw Katrina looking at him pleadingly. Although she acted like a cool cat twenty four seven, he knew she was a sweetie really. So he began to play one of his own songs, K.K. Forest, humming and clicking merrily. The other five all knew this song, and they soon joined in. Rifts in the group never lasted too long.

Briefly exiting his groove, K.K. opened his eyes to watch his friends. His heart sunk. Katrina was swaying her hips, and her waist was gently being grasped by Redd. After strumming the final chords, K.K. muttered, "I'm feeling tired, you guys."

"Ho ho, cousin," Redd grinned. "The fun is only just about to start." He hopped over to his backpack and slid out a bottle of white chocolate and raspberry vodka. "Bought it from the market this morning."

Rover inspected it, his red eyes scanning the label intensely. He knew what was the best of the best, including with alcohol. The perks of being a tour guide. "Not too shabby, Redd. Are we going to be glugging it from the bottle or have you blessed us with shot glasses?"

"I think it'll make a nice little truth or dare bottle. A glug for the spinners. You guys in?"

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

Isabelle bit her nails. "I...I guess..."

They all gathered around in a circle, just on the edge of the campfire. Rover handed the bottle back to Redd, who placed it in the middle precisely. "Alrighty. I'll spin first, and then we'll each take a turn clockwise to spin. Whoever spins gets to set the dare or truth for who it lands on. So it'll go me, Rover, K.K., Tom, Kat and then Izzy." With that, he sent the bottle whirring.

After a dizzying few moments, it landed on Tom. He chuckled, took the bottle into his hands, and unscrewed the top. When he started to 'drink' it, Isabelle noticed he stuck his tongue in the neck of the bottle so he didn't have to taste it all. She made a mental note to do the same.

"Dear Tom. Truth or dare?"

Tom knew how mischievous Redd was. He had nothing to hide, so a truth would have made sense. But something about the night and the excitement around the circle made him say, "Dare."

Without hesitation Redd said, "Chuck your wallet and phone into that swamp over there." He indicated with his thumb.

A sickly-white colour crossed Tom's face. "But my wallet has my credit card in there, and thousands of bells. Plus I have an iPhone 6S, and Timmy and Tommy might get out of control if I can't badger them."

"First off, iPhones are ****. Second off, live a little." Redd winked. "Be the rebel your parents never let you be."

Something about that sentence rung true with Nook. All his life he had been told he had to grab bells. Whether this was through fair or illegal means, his parents didn't really care. Bells were the centre of his life. To throw them away...sounded sort of fun. He stood up, scrounging in his pockets for his phone and wallet. Once they had surfaced, with all his might he threw them. Just like that they were gone. Tom Nook, the most promising entrepreneur in town, collapsed into a heap of childlike giggles. The rest of the group joined in.

It was Rover's turn next, and with a flick of his wrist, the bottle soon landed on Isabelle. When she opened the bottle, she was suddenly torn in two. She had initially wanted to stay sober, but just by watching Tom she knew what difference a leap of faith could make. So she tilted it and swallowed. It tasted amazing. "Dare!"

Rover laughed. "Eager beaver. Hmmm. I dare you to dance."

"That's not much of a dare," Katrina snorted. "Anyone can dance."

"True, but I haven't seen Izzy dance. Like ever. She's always too busy and uptight. Hit us with a tune, K.K.?"

Despite being a bit reluctant to play again after what happened with Katrina and Redd, K.K. did what his good friend asked. The melody to K.K. Ragtime soon echoed across the forest, and Isabelle stood up shakily. After side-stepping awkwardly for a few moments, Katrina grabbed her hands and danced with her. The rest of the group clapped them along as they swayed and shimmied. Isabelle's shoulders lost their tension, and she jigged carelessly. Once the song finished, they both collapsed onto the floor, exhausted.

The next three turns turned the game of Truth Or Dare into simply Dares. These involved skinny dipping, ant-eating and a ten-minute-non-stop guitar session. The last turn eventually arrived, and it was Isabelle's turn. She had had a few more cheeky swigs, and her cheeks were flushed.
But she still had a sound mind as she thought through the dare for K.K.. She still felt bad about the incident earlier, and wanted to make it up to him. "I dare you to kiss Katrina," she stated matter-of-factly.
K.K. and Katrina both showed flecks of nervousness briefly, and Isabelle smiled. It just confirmed that K.K. liked Katrina, and she was happy Kat liked him back.

As K.K. pulled himself together, Katrina nimbly made her way across the circle. She then sat herself opposite him, and leaned forward. He cupped her face as if it were china, and met her lips. The group held their breath, expecting it to be a brief peck and a few laughs. But K.K. soon had his hands entangled in her hair, and Katrina was in his lap.

"Get a room!" Redd laughed, chucking debris from the ground at them. The others followed suit, giggling hysterically.

After a few final moments, the two pulled away from each other. Katrina did not return to her place in the circle, though. She stayed put, snugly wrapped in K.K..

His eyes glowed, in a way none of the group had ever seen before. "I am genuinely super tired now. Shall we all call it a night?"

They all murmured and nodded, grabbing their respective sleeping bag packs and rolling them out. Before he climbed into his, Tom Nook said, "You know, I am very happy we did this. I have learnt so much about myself, and all of you tonight. Thank you."

"Agreed," Redd chipped in. "We should do this every summer. Whether Nook becomes a hotshot, or Isabelle becomes mayor, or Rover finds somewhere perfect on his travels, or K.K. starts a worldwide tour, or Kat's fortunes actually start coming true... Ow!" He rubbed his head from where Katrina's heel had hit him. "Or even if I become a proper artist! You guys in?"

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

Isabelle yawned, smiling. "I'll put it in my diary."

Last edited:
All the entries look fab so far, good luck guys :). Haven't seen any of the stories here yet, so imma get the ball rolling ;).

A group of teenagers sat around a campfire, on one of those hazy summer evenings. Their whole town was practically a forest, so it wasn't difficult to set up a fire and a cozy atmosphere. They weren't the rowdy kind of teenagers you see in reality TV shows and films. No, they were the toasty-marshmallow and giggles kind.

There were six of them. They all worked and lived in the same town: some had been riding the town rails since 2002, others since 2013. But they all shared the same earnest hearts and loyalty, and enjoyed spending time together despite their different personalities.

"Isn't this a beautiful night? I'm so glad that we picked the meteor shower to camp under," the blonde girl babbled. Her locks were bunched together with pink ribbons, with little bells to keep it all intact. As she moved to grab another marshmallow, she jingled.

The scruffiest member of the group smirked, grabbing the easel and paints he had bought earlier. He then started to sketch the sky. "Perfect for a picture, cousin. I can see it now. Starry Night, Van Gogh, three thousand bells. The villagers will lap it up."

After scanning the picture briefly, the red-eyed boy Rover piped up, "But that looks nothing like Starry Night. I've travelled loads, and believe you me I've seen way better counterfeits than that, Redd."

"The villagers aren't going to know that," he shrugged, continuing to work on his masterpiece. "At least I'm doing something creative, unlike Tom over there."

Sure enough, Tom was fiddling with his phone. When he realised all of his friends were staring at him pointedly, he awkwardly explained, "I left my nephews in charge of the family shop you see..."

"I can feel your stress energy from all the way over here." Katrina glanced at Tom from underneath her eyelashes. The boys all grinned hazily. They hadn't got over her recent transformation yet. "Tell him, Izzy."

The pink-ribboned blonde, Isabelle, huffed a little. She didn't like being told what to do by anyone but the mayor of their town. "Tom, we all came out here to have a good time, okay?" She slightly smiled at him. "I'm sure the boys will be fine."

"...yes, yes," Tom murmured. He tucked his phone into his trouser pocket, and turned towards them all. "So what are we all going to be up to this summer, hm?"

Isabelle tucked a stray hair behind her ear. "Busy, busy. The mayor is going on holiday, so she has extended my internship. I have to make sure that the bug-off goes off without a hitch, as well as the fireworks." She beamed brightly. Then, sparked by an idea, she swivelled towards the pale boy in the corner. He was nodding his head, strumming his guitar gently. "K.K.? I could really use your DJing skills for all that."

The guitarist stopped abruptly. "You know I dislike DJing, Izzy. I can't afford my rent without it, that's the only reason I do it. Those fat cats don't understand how difficult it is for us students to survive."

A melancholy feeling swept across the group. It was an unspoken fact in the group how lucky Isabelle, Rover and Nook were. When the town was all but tumbleweeds, Tom's family had moved in and started to control the local economy with their degree-level minds. Rover was one of the few villagers that didn't suffer from travel sickness. This, along with his charisma, allowed him to become a permanent tour guide. Even Isabelle had simply bowled over the Town Hall executives, practically having the internship given to her on a golden platter.

Katrina, Redd and K.K. though?... They were free spirits. But free spirits don't tend to do well in the real world.

"Yes, well, bad times are only times that are bad. You'll be a full-time musician soon enough," Katrina purred. "Now this negativity is really throwing off my senses. Could you play us a little camping tune?"

K.K. started to say something in retort, but he stopped as he saw Katrina looking at him pleadingly. Although she acted like a cool cat twenty four seven, he knew she was a sweetie really. So he began to play one of his own songs, K.K. Forest, humming and clicking merrily. The other five all knew this song, and they soon joined in. Rifts in the group never lasted too long.

Briefly exiting his groove, K.K. opened his eyes to watch his friends. His heart sunk. Katrina was swaying her hips, and her waist was gently being grasped by Redd. After strumming the final chords, K.K. muttered, "I'm feeling tired, you guys."

"Ho ho, cousin," Redd grinned. "The fun is only just about to start." He hopped over to his backpack and slid out a bottle of white chocolate and raspberry vodka. "Bought it from the market this morning."

Rover inspected it, his red eyes scanning the label intensely. He knew what was the best of the best, including with alcohol. The perks of being a tour guide. "Not too shabby, Redd. Are we going to be glugging it from the bottle or have you blessed us with shot glasses?"

"I think it'll make a nice little truth or dare bottle. A glug for the spinners. You guys in?"

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

They all gathered around in a circle, just on the edge of the campfire. Rover handed the bottle back to Redd, who placed it in the middle precisely. "Alrighty. I'll spin first, and then we'll each take a turn clockwise to spin. Whoever spins gets to set the dare or truth for who it lands on. So it'll go me, Rover, K.K., Tom, Kat and then Izzy." With that, he sent the bottle whirring.

After a dizzying few moments, it landed on Tom. He chuckled, took the bottle into his hands, and unscrewed the top. When he started to 'drink' it, Isabelle noticed he stuck his tongue in the neck of the bottle so he didn't have to taste it all. She made a mental note to do the same.

Tom knew how mischievous Redd was. He had nothing to hide, so a truth would have made sense. But something about the night and the excitement around the circle made him say, "Dare."

Without hesitation Redd said, "Chuck your wallet and phone into that swamp over there." He indicated with his thumb.

A sickly-white colour crossed Tom's face. "But my wallet has my credit card in there, and thousands of bells. Plus I have an iPhone 6S, and Timmy and Tommy might get out of control if I can't badger them."

"First off, iPhones are ****. Second off, live a little." Redd winked. "Be the rebel your parents never let you be."

Something about that sentence rung true with Nook. All his life he had been told he had to grab bells. Whether this was through fair or illegal means, his parents didn't really care. Bells were the centre of his life. To throw them away...sounded sort of fun. He stood up, scrounging in his pockets for his phone and wallet. Once they had surfaced, with all his might he threw them. Just like that they were gone. Tom Nook, the most promising entrepreneur in town, collapsed into a heap of childlike giggles. The rest of the group joined in.

It was Rover's turn next, and with a flick of his wrist, the bottle soon landed on Isabelle. When she opened the bottle, she was suddenly torn in two. She had initially wanted to stay sober, but just by watching Tom she knew what difference a leap of faith could make. So she tilted it and swallowed. It tasted amazing. "Dare!"

"True, but I haven't seen Izzy dance. Like ever. She's always too busy and uptight. Hit us with a tune, K.K.?"

Despite being a bit reluctant to play again after what happened with Katrina and Redd, K.K. did what his good friend asked. The melody to K.K. Ragtime soon echoed across the forest, and Isabelle stood up shakily. After side-stepping awkwardly for a few moments, Katrina grabbed her hands and danced with her. The rest of the group clapped them along as they swayed and shimmied. Isabelle's shoulders lost their tension, and she jigged carelessly. Once the song finished, they both collapsed onto the floor, exhausted.

The next three turns turned the game of Truth Or Dare into simply Dares. These involved skinny dipping, ant-eating and a ten-minute-non-stop guitar session. The last turn eventually arrived, and it was Isabelle's turn. She had had a few more cheeky swigs, and her cheeks were flushed.
But she still had a sound mind as she thought through the dare for K.K.. She still felt bad about the incident earlier, and wanted to make it up to him. "I dare you to kiss Katrina," she stated matter-of-factly.
K.K. and Katrina both showed flecks of nervousness briefly, and Isabelle smiled. It just confirmed that K.K. liked Katrina, and she was happy Kat liked him back.

As K.K. pulled himself together, Katrina nimbly made her way across the circle. She then sat herself opposite him, and leaned forward. He cupped her face as if it were china, and met her lips. The group held their breath, expecting it to be a brief peck and a few laughs. But K.K. soon had his hands entangled in her hair, and Katrina was in his lap.

"Get a room!" Redd laughed, chucking debris from the ground at them. The others followed suit, giggling hysterically.

After a few final moments, the two pulled away from each other. Katrina did not return to her place in the circle, though. She stayed put, snugly wrapped in K.K..

His eyes glowed, in a way none of the group had ever seen before. "I am genuinely super tired now. Shall we all call it a night?"

They all murmured and nodded, grabbing their respective sleeping bag packs and rolling them out. Before he climbed into his, Tom Nook said, "You know, I am very happy we did this. I have learnt so much about myself, and all of you tonight. Thank you."

"Agreed," Redd chipped in. "We should do this every summer. Whether Nook becomes a hotshot, or Isabelle becomes mayor, or Rover finds somewhere perfect on his travels, or K.K. starts a worldwide tour, or Kat's fortunes actually start coming true... Ow!" He rubbed his head from where Katrina's heel had hit him. "Or even if I become a proper artist! You guys in?"

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

wow that was so like
good

like oh my
that was good

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

"Of course."

"Sure!"

"Sounds fun."

"Yes, yes."

That was great!

I'm just gonna leave this here and back away slowly ;_; Omg this is really bad XD

Matthew couldn't remember how he got there. No matter how hard he tried to remember, his brain got fuzzier, and it became hard for him to take in the cold night's air. A sheen of sweat covered his tan, mosquito bitten skin. Once again, he tried to remember the days’ events leading to where he was now; laying on the ground in a pool of sweat and the horrid taste of it—
He had remembered then. He remembered the season, the one that he loved the most. Summertime was everything to him. There was nothing he despised about the season; he enjoyed the sun’s burning rays, and swimming and camping. He remembered then that the latter was what he was doing now; Mommy and Daddy had finally allowed him to go after he promised to keep his room clean. The drive to the campgrounds was long, but he could care less as he dreamed of hiking under the summer sun and meeting new friends as he gazed out the window of their run-down Chevrolet.
When they had arrived there, the sun was beating down, but Matthew didn’t mind. He could already see three other children standing beside the camp guide who would be supervising them. With quick hugs and a peck on the cheek from Mommy, his parents disappeared, the truck clanking as it progressed down the bumpy road from whence it came. Now the fun could finally begin.
Camp Guide Steven let them swim, and frolic amongst the shadows of the trees as they made their trek to the camping area. The boy and his newly found friends could already see the massive oak looming above the mess of pines as they hiked. The guide’s lips stayed sealed until the group reached the clearing. For the remainder of the day they watched the wildlife and played tag in the shade of the oak tree, and the guide just watched.
Later that night, as the four youngsters huddled together beside the firelight, the guide asked if they wanted to hear a scary story. Of course they didn’t, they wouldn’t get scared! Getting scared was for babies! The guide countered with the comment, “Then why not tell a scary story? If you aren’t scared, you could get a laugh out of it.” The children remained silent after the remark, and the guide took that as a cue to begin his tale.
Afterwards, the four children, visibly shaking and their eyes widened in terror, they still couldn’t admit it was the most frightening story they had heard, so they told the guide it wasn’t real; and the guide shook his head, telling them that the lesson that they must learn is to always know that anything can happen. The children then grew restless and told themselves that nothing of the sort would happen to them, just measly children camping in the middle of summertime…
That night, while the children were asleep under the blanket of stars, Camp Guide Steven stepped behind the tree to grab a tent, and he began to set up, his eyes darting left and right as he hammered the stakes into the cold, damp soil. They didn’t learn. They didn’t believe him, just like Mum and Dad didn’t. They didn’t listen. They never listened, no matter what child in what age group he brought to this oak. No one ever listened and realized how anything was possible, even if something seemed ridiculous like a fairytale or urban legend, it could happen! He knew it could! He knew the story was true.
That is why he must find that special group; the one group that will believe him, and live their lives learning to question everything. That’s why I must do this,he told himself as he dragged the first child into the tent. He then sent the child to another dimension, where he could learn the lesson the guide tried to teach. The remaining awoke from the bright light inside the tent. Knowing if he caught them they wouldn't be able to see their parents again until he thought they had learned there lesson, they decided to run when Camp Guide Steven came out of the tent.
They had ran at that point. Matthew could hear one child screaming as the darkness grabbed him and dragged him back. None the less Matthew kept running, scraping his his legs and tripping over roots as he struggled to breathe. Another yell and Matthew had tripped, the wind stolen from his tiny lungs as he hit the ground, and he couldn’t get up for some reason. He couldn't remember why he was here, why he tasted sweat and why he was out of breath and hurting and—
Matthew remembered now though. He remembered the screams and the lights and the adrenaline spurring him to keep on going, don’t look back. He remembered summertime, and swimming and camping and his Mommy and Daddy playing tag with him underneath the shade of trees. He remembered why he loved summertime, and how he would miss it, as he stopped struggling and closed his weary eyes, letting the darkness overcome him, grabbing at him with thick dirty fingers…

Signaling the end, the five children shuddered and squealed, hiding in each others warmth for comfort and stability, and the Camp Guide couldn’t help but feel proud of his storytelling abilities as he looked at the children while they tried to fight off the fear. The youngest shouted out how scary it was, and how he was never going camping again, tears streaming down those beautiful hazel eyes the child was gifted. A second chimed in, agreeing, and the rest followed, and they promised that they learned to “ Believe that anything could come true. We promise!” And to that, the guide just smiled.
When the children finally succumbed to sleep, the guide watched over them, and let his thoughts run wild as he stared into the flames as they licked at the sides of the kindling. They seemed to be brighter than usual, like they were trying to say something. The fire was an old friend to the guide, one he could confide in and trust it would keep his secrets and thoughts to itself. It was always there, always alive and it seemed to whisper to him, something he couldn't decipher as the flames seemed to burn brighter with a deeper meaning. Something deeper, something—
The Camp Guide shook his head wearily, setting up his sleeping bag and crawling in, the soft glow of the fire casting eerie shadows, telling stories laced with terror, with a glint of hope. The guide rested his head, his eyes closing, and the campfire continued to burn under the summer moon.
One by one the children left, the hazel eyed kid being last, and once more promised that he learned the lesson, so he didn’t get hurt. The guide smiled and told him that he would be fine. With that, the boy grabbed his mother’s hand and she led him to her old mini van. The guide smiled as they drove off, the vehicle speeding down the drive and away from the grounds.
After they disappeared, the guide sighed, his eyes looking toward the horizon and back to where the group camped for the night. He smiled and started back up the hill, the big oak acting as his star, and camp Guide Steven couldn't help but smile as he thought,

I guess I didn’t have to use the tent after all.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna leave this here and back away slowly ;_; Omg this is really bad XD

Matthew couldn't remember how he got there. No matter how hard he tried to remember, his brain got fuzzier, and it became hard for him to take in the cold night's air. A sheen of sweat covered his tan, mosquito bitten skin. Once again, he tried to remember the days’ events leading to where he was now; laying on the ground in a pool of sweat and the horrid taste of it—
He had remembered then. He remembered the season, the one that he loved the most. Summertime was everything to him. There was nothing he despised about the season; he enjoyed the sun’s burning rays, and swimming and camping. He remembered then that the latter was what he was doing now; Mommy and Daddy had finally allowed him to go after he promised to keep his room clean. The drive to the campgrounds was long, but he could care less as he dreamed of hiking under the summer sun and meeting new friends as he gazed out the window of their run-down Chevrolet.
When they had arrived there, the sun was beating down, but Matthew didn’t mind. He could already see three other children standing beside the camp guide who would be supervising them. With quick hugs and a peck on the cheek from Mommy, his parents disappeared, the truck clanking as it progressed down the bumpy road from whence it came. Now the fun could finally begin.
Camp Guide Steven let them swim, and frolic amongst the shadows of the trees as they made their trek to the camping area. The boy and his newly found friends could already see the massive oak looming above the mess of pines as they hiked. The guide’s lips stayed sealed until the group reached the clearing. For the remainder of the day they watched the wildlife and played tag in the shade of the oak tree, and the guide just watched.
Later that night, as the four youngsters huddled together beside the firelight, the guide asked if they wanted to hear a scary story. Of course they didn’t, they wouldn’t get scared! Getting scared was for babies! The guide countered with the comment, “Then why not tell a scary story? If you aren’t scared, you could get a laugh out of it.” The children remained silent after the remark, and the guide took that as a cue to begin his tale.
Afterwards, the four children, visibly shaking and their eyes widened in terror, they still couldn’t admit it was the most frightening story they had heard, so they told the guide it wasn’t real; and the guide shook his head, telling them that the lesson that they must learn is to always know that anything can happen. The children then grew restless and told themselves that nothing of the sort would happen to them, just measly children camping in the middle of summertime…
That night, while the children were asleep under the blanket of stars, Camp Guide Steven stepped behind the tree to grab a tent, and he began to set up, his eyes darting left and right as he hammered the stakes into the cold, damp soil. They didn’t learn. They didn’t believe him, just like Mum and Dad didn’t. They didn’t listen. They never listened, no matter what child in what age group he brought to this oak. No one ever listened and realized how anything was possible, even if something seemed ridiculous like a fairytale or urban legend, it could happen! He knew it could! He knew the story was true.
That is why he must find that special group; the one group that will believe him, and live their lives learning to question everything. That’s why I must do this,he told himself as he dragged the first child into the tent. He then sent the child to another dimension, where he could learn the lesson the guide tried to teach. The remaining awoke from the bright light inside the tent. Knowing if he caught them they wouldn't be able to see their parents again until he thought they had learned there lesson, they decided to run when Camp Guide Steven came out of the tent.
They had ran at that point. Matthew could hear one child screaming as the darkness grabbed him and dragged him back. None the less Matthew kept running, scraping his his legs and tripping over roots as he struggled to breathe. Another yell and Matthew had tripped, the wind stolen from his tiny lungs as he hit the ground, and he couldn’t get up for some reason. He couldn't remember why he was here, why he tasted sweat and why he was out of breath and hurting and—
Matthew remembered now though. He remembered the screams and the lights and the adrenaline spurring him to keep on going, don’t look back. He remembered summertime, and swimming and camping and his Mommy and Daddy playing tag with him underneath the shade of trees. He remembered why he loved summertime, and how he would miss it, as he stopped struggling and closed his weary eyes, letting the darkness overcome him, grabbing at him with thick dirty fingers…

Signaling the end, the five children shuddered and squealed, hiding in each others warmth for comfort and stability, and the Camp Guide couldn’t help but feel proud of his storytelling abilities as he looked at the children while they tried to fight off the fear. The youngest shouted out how scary it was, and how he was never going camping again, tears streaming down those beautiful hazel eyes the child was gifted. A second chimed in, agreeing, and the rest followed, and they promised that they learned to “ Believe that anything could come true. We promise!” And to that, the guide just smiled.
When the children finally succumbed to sleep, the guide watched over them, and let his thoughts run wild as he stared into the flames as they licked at the sides of the kindling. They seemed to be brighter than usual, like they were trying to say something. The fire was an old friend to the guide, one he could confide in and trust it would keep his secrets and thoughts to itself. It was always there, always alive and it seemed to whisper to him, something he couldn't decipher as the flames seemed to burn brighter with a deeper meaning. Something deeper, something—
The Camp Guide shook his head wearily, setting up his sleeping bag and crawling in, the soft glow of the fire casting eerie shadows, telling stories laced with terror, with a glint of hope. The guide rested his head, his eyes closing, and the campfire continued to burn under the summer moon.
One by one the children left, the hazel eyed kid being last, and once more promised that he learned the lesson, so he didn’t get hurt. The guide smiled and told him that he would be fine. With that, the boy grabbed his mother’s hand and she led him to her old mini van. The guide smiled as they drove off, the vehicle speeding down the drive and away from the grounds.
After they disappeared, the guide sighed, his eyes looking toward the horizon and back to where the group camped for the night. He smiled and started back up the hill, the big oak acting as his star, and camp Guide Steven couldn't help but smile as he thought,

I guess I didn’t have to use the tent after all.

Ooh that's good, good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back