• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

I've jumped around the gender binary quite a bit for a good majority of my life and only recently have taken on nonbinary after identifying as male for maybe 4 or 5 years and this label is just. It feels great. I love not having the constrictions of gendered pronouns to hold me down. I've found myself to be gnc nonbinary but leaning a bit more towards being feminine. Its honestly so nice to have a group of people to share experiences like this with!

Eyy it's nice to see this thread back! I'm a cis girl and I've identified as asexual since the middle of high school when I found out such a term existed and suddenly stopped feeling like a weirdo. I thought I was ace and hetero-romantic for a few years until I finally admitted to myself that I was madly in love with my "best friend" and had been denying it for two years (except she was actually emotionally abusive and it's a good thing I'm not in contact with her anymore). Now I identify as panromantic because since I don't experience attraction, I could fall for anyone if I'm drawn to their personality. Although I do find that whenever I imagine being in relationships, I much prefer to imagine being with a girl. So ngl if I met someone that knew nothing about the LGBTQ+ community and had to come out, I would probably just tell them I'm gay (and oddly enough I have had a few people, including one of my professors, assume I'm gay in recent times)

Last edited:
i'm a gnc gay guy. bounced around from asexual to bisexual to whatever until i realized i just like men and a lot of the past stuff was just compulsory heterosexuality

Last edited:
Regarding sexuality, I thought I discovered I was bisexual at age 15½, but a little over 2 months ago, I found out that I really am pansexual, as gender really doesn't matter to me if it comes to crushing and relationships. (Even tho I only had crushes so far, and have been single since birth!) Furthermore, I'm polya-curious, I don't know why or how, but the idea of having more than one romantic partner is somehow quite comfortable in my thoughts, and it somehow makes me kind of happy, too.

As for a gender identity, I was always confused about that (since I have quite a lot of masculine traits) and thus questioning it until age 16, when I discovered Undertale where two characters were genderless/nonbinary, and ever since, I've finally found my true gender identity... which, unfortunately, still isn't accepted by/among people like my family, counsellors and most of my friends, as they never refer to me as a they, which is really my primary preferred pronoun.

In a nutshell: I'm pansexual, polya-curious, and nonbinary, and my (preferred) pronouns are he/they.

In term of gender, I identify as demifluid. Not to be confused with genderfluid! As a demifluid person, I identify with my birth gender (female) but often feel masculine or non-binary or even everything and nothing at times. This does bother me sometimes, but I'm slowly learning to live with it. Before I discovered my gender identity, I always just labeled myself as cisfemale even though that never felt right. It feels good to know what I am.

I am also demisexual- yes, I am both demi in gender and in sexuality, which for some reason is really soothing to me and I don't know why! My romantic preference is in women, making me homoromantic; I am currently dating my best friend and my amazing girlfriend.

I'm a straight male, and my wife is gender fluid.

She isn't attracted to women, she wears makeup, has beautiful long (currently blonde and pink) hair, but she identifies as mostly male.

She's like one of the guys, in Goddess form.

I think it's why we've never had a fight.

I believe it's the Soul of the person that attracts us. Not the gender.

My wife is my person, and I worship her.

Yeah its definitley hard when you KNOW you are different but are unsure what other label to use so you just... stick with it while not feeling confident at all.

This was me up until a couple years ago. I kind of just go with the flow more than I used to and try not to worry too much about making absolutely sure I have a label to use to describe myself, because all that really brought me in the past was grief. I'd say bi works, though.

Anyway like someone else said earlier I try not to talk about this stuff much publicly anymore, but it's good to see this thread doing well!

y'know, i wish i had been able to question my gender identity more when i was younger. sexuality, yes, of course. but i never really had the space to question gender in my life, so in a way that was an issue that never came up with me. don't really feel attached to a particular gender, but who knows what that means. certainly not me. and maybe that's okay.

I’m an asexual cis woman married to a demisexual cis man. Possible TMI, but we pretty much have no s** life because neither of us are really interested in it. As a result, people our age (and even some family members) have given us advice on how to ‘fix it’. Some people act shocked and even accuse me of ‘depriving’ him. It really bugs us, because we have a really happy relationship and we genuinely love each other, but apparently none of that matters because there’s no s**. Ugh. >_>

hi! im a nb/agender person.. i have a very complicated relationship with gender and identity, and im still very closeted but im doing the best i can :0)

ive known ive been not het since i was in elementary, like age 8-9? (i had multiple “boyfriends” but still really just wanted to kiss my girl best friend) and known i was not cis since i started middle school, like ages 11-12.

as for sexuality label its complicated- i say bi but it rlly might be wlw bc im only rlly attracted to fictional men as opposed to all kinds of gals so... who knows!

but yeah im learning to love myself and my identity everyday .. 💛

i dislike being trans a lot and the lgbt community just because I feel like it’s making being gay a personality trait not your sexuality in the land of Shane Dawson and all that I do feel like some people think it’s cool to be lgbt now it used to be about acceptance but I think that has primary shifted

So I kinda debated sharing on a public forum but ehh.
So I'm a gay cis guy basically.

i dislike being trans a lot and the lgbt community just because I feel like it’s making being gay a personality trait not your sexuality in the land of Shane Dawson and all that I do feel like some people think it’s cool to be lgbt now it used to be about acceptance but I think that has primary shifted

I can kinda get this. While I don't think that people identify as LGBTQ+ just because it's cool, and it's a good thing that people know its a possibility now and that they feel comfortable enough to publicly identify as such, among people who lack the understanding it can seem like being sassy or whatever is what defines being LGBTQ+, or at least gay, not the actual, y'know, liking the same sex / having a different gender identity. Kinda linked to that i've been driven to do things that I probably wouldn't have or to act a certain way that I don't normally to assert myself as gay, or like, make it known that I am.

I identify as a cis gay man! I have a boyfriend who I've been lucky to have for almost a year now, but it sucks that we might be spending our anniversary apart due to the current health crisis going on. I never thought I'd ever be as happy as I am, not to say I am solely reliant on him to make me happy, but I just feel so much more positive about myself and the world around me as a whole because of him. Our families are so supportive as well. I can't remember what life was like without him, and I hope I never have to go back to it.

It's great to meet you all, hope everyone is staying safe! :blush:

Hey there, I'm a transgender, asexual, panromantic man currently 5 weeks on T. I started questioning my gender when I was around 15, but didn't realize I was trans until I was about twenty-seven. I don't really have a good support system at home. My family is extremely transphobic and love to misgender me because I conform to their toxic masculinity standards. Last night, for example, my sister told me I wasn't a real man because I thought baby bunnies were cute -_-

Other than that, life is good. I have my own apartment and I'm filing to have my name changed next month, and I am getting ready for my freshman year of college. Just waiting to hear back from my first choice school, and if that's no, I guess I'll have to settle for community college which is meh.

Good to meet all of you.

Hey, everyone!

Just saw this thread and thought I was overdue to pop in.

My name is Bats, yes really. I’m a nonbinary butch lesbian. My complicated experience with gender revolves mostly being a butch lesbian and while it’s difficult to put into words, I think the best descriptor aside from genderflux/genderfluid/nonbinary/genderless etc., is to say that I only identify as a woman or even feel any kind of gender when I’m dating another woman. Been out of a relationship for almost a year now, and while I’m enjoying the single life, I’m waiting for the moment for the world to come back to order so I can get a job and reenter the dating pool lol.

Cheers and ignore the haters, y’all.
Bats ❤️

Back