• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Thread

I think I officially came to the realization that I am in fact non-binary. In the instances that I’m referred to as either a boy or a girl, it makes me uncomfortable. Even sir feels off to me, and as AFAB, being referred to as a boy should be comfortable, right? Not in my case. I feel best when people use gender neutral terms or when their comments aren’t gendered at all. I think this was the confirmation I needed.

I think I have to accept the fact that I'm asexual (and, like, biromantic or something). w.w
Not that it's bad or anything, but with that and my mental illness I already feel so "broken".
I just wish I could be more normal, but I had to become a gamer. :,( <3

Congrats axaniao! Funny to see a post here at the same time I was writing.

Almost two years ago on this forum, I realised I wasn’t cis and decided on genderfluid. Well, as some of you might have seen I still had doubts about it at times but now I’m sure… very very sure I’m not cis. And I’ve come to realise how much I lean into feeling masc when I think about myself. Maybe this is actually a surprise to some people since I didn’t say I was anything but genderfluid, like it’s been two years and I never mentioned doubt seriously, so I must have just been sure right?

I’m not sure I’m saying much new here, but I do want to thank this forum for being here. I honestly think the accepting atmosphere here, and simply interacting with a forum again rather than Discord, helped me realise I was genderfluid in the first place. And right now I still identify that way. I’m just having a moment of reflection and… wondering about myself.

Not how I would fit some role but how I would express what it means to me. There’s too much about taking T I would hate, beard, oilier skin, permanent changes, potential hair loss but… I don’t know. I wonder how much better it would make me feel. I want the musculature. I kind of want top surgery. I want to cut my hair shorter and shorter (not that it’s strictly masculine, and sometimes I would want long hair anyway). I’m thinking about my name and even going from Emily to Emile… is that really all I want? Is that really all I want for my name? I wonder how far I wanna go with this.

Also, some of my accepting she/her has been for convenience. Not having to correct or confuse people et cetera. Because that itself would take me out of things. Has that only been settling? All-in-all I certainly feel more masculine than feminine looking at myself and my life though.

It’s weird when all these things are scary and medical procedures could be permanent and nobody has the exact same perspective, and society is how it is, you know? I need to get on vocal training at least.

I kind of feel like I’ve been cis enough to pass/live as cis if it makes sense? But I can’t ignore this feeling, most of the time I couldn’t, I just feel like I’ve reached some more understanding of myself right now even if I’m not sure on how I’m expressing it. I’ve had the feeling I’ve been waiting for life to start forever, for multiple reasons, but also wonder how this factors in.

Back