Giveaway Seeking Positivity: A Semi-Massive Bell Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for hosting this giveaway!

A positive thing that I’ve done is to move forward in my life with my fiancé. We’ve talked about moving out together for the past two years, but we’ve decided to do it now, we’ve waited long enough and we’re getting married in October.

So, we looked at an apartment together earlier today and decided it was a nice pace for the two of us to settle down together and start our lives together! We’ll be officially moving in August! :3

So I know that my thing is not about a positive person or something makes me happy, so I am going to do something that has had a positive impact on me.

I want to talk about how TV series Star Trek has had a positive impact on me.

Ever since I started watching Star Trek it’s changed me in ways for the better. I’ve learned from watching it to look at things from a new perspective or from someone’s else’s perspective. By doing this it helps you understand people better around you and possibly get along better with them. It also allows you to understand things more in depth as you can see both or more sides and not just one. In addition I’ve also learned to look past preconceptions or what things may seem to be. This has allowed me to think and view things in more depth than ever before and to sometimes set aside your beliefs or opinions to be able to see and learn what you might not be able to otherwise. Lastly Star Trek has taught me even more than I believed before that cooperation and tolerance of others different from you is more beneficial and is the right thing to do, opposed to violence and hate which end up getting you no where.

Overall, I would say that the TV series’s Star Trek has really taught me some of the core fundamentals I believe in today and that it has changed and impacted me for the better.

I posted this on post your random thoughts already, but I’d like to retell my story of my relationship with Cracker Barrel. (Before ya go on, Yesh I know about Brad’s Wife). I’ve always loved Cracker Barrel, ever since I was little. We’re lucky to live relatively close to one since I was like 4. When I was around that age, whenever I saw the sign for that restaurant I’d always cry out something that sounds like “hair hers harr!” If we drove past the exit to the restaurant, I’d cry. It’s become a bit of a joke in our family, and we often say “hair hers harr” whenever we find something. While food-wise it is not my favorite restaurant (that goes to Longhorn Steakhouse), I’ve practically grown up there and have the fondest memories of it.

Hi there! I have a wonderful one year old dog named Cody. He is a golden doodle but looks more like a Golden than a poodle. He is super hyper and can also crazy high. When he sees squirrels he goes running to our six foot fence and jumps up so that his head is over the fence.
141CDB03-FE3F-41BC-BF36-99C433B52408.jpeg
Thank you for the give away! Hope you have a great day :)

this is a super nice thing to do, tysm! it's extra good that alot of people are posting about their cute pets here, since i love animals but never really had a pet ;-; i'll be telling a short story about my younger (twin) sister and why she is the sweetest thing on earth! the reason i still remember this is because i recently picked up my diary from ~2011, and rereading it made me laugh .

so, my sister, mel, loves cows. even in the present day, cows belong to her favorite animal because of how "gentle their eyes are". it must have started when we still were little and were living in the usa, probably because our house was conveniently close to a farm that would let you feed cows from your hand.
so, backstory aside, one day mel and i(around 7 years old) were having our lunches. she was sipping on her glass of milk when she suddenly put down her glass and looked like crying. she asked our mom if she could go out to play, and i followed her soon after.

when i got outside, i found her in our back yard, crawling and... then i realized she was eating grass. i shrieked and asked her what she was doing, ran up to her and told her to spit it out because it's yucky(and bugs!). she then turned to me and said quote "i want to feel what they feel" i didn't know what she meant until i understood she was talking about cows... i was really confused, but i think thats when i first realized how soft hearted she is.

looking back on it, it's probably more of a silly story to remember. i do tell her that it was cute in her defense, but she just gets upset and thinks i'm taunting her. i just thought it was sweet that she had so much compassion with them (even if it meant eating grass) ! she still loves cows nowadays, here is her keychain:
IMG_5566 (2).jpg

her derpy cow keychain​
i was doing unwell for a while, and somehow, the memory that my sister really loves cows brought me back to earth... remembering this little thing helped me out of it c: love you mel!

Thanks for the giveaway!

I'd like to talk about something really nice that my sister did for me last year. It was the week of October 6 when the K-pop group Super M came to LA for a bunch of events. They were holding album fansigns that week, which is really rare since almost all fansigns are only held in Korea. That Sunday, my mom, my sister, and I went to their fansign in LA. My sister and I had been practicing what to say to them when it was our turn, and it was something we were really excited for. I really wanted to meet Mark out of all of them, but we had no idea how we would be assigned what member we would meet. I ended up meeting Ten, which I wasn't at all disappointed about because he was really kind to me (I think he could tell I was about to cry in front of him so he was being super sweet and even drew a happy face on my album).

They were holding another fansign the following day, but I wasn't able to go because of school (I had a midterm on Tuesday for my hardest class that semester). My sister went to it because she lived nearby. So, that Monday I was busy studying for a midterm while my sister was at the fansign. The fansign was around 6-7pm so around 7pm I got a call from my sister saying that she met Mark and that he said to say something to me. Then she sent me a picture of an album signed by Mark with a "To: Janelle" on it (my name) and an audio recording of her conversation with him. She told Mark that I was a big fan so he said "Alright, tell Janelle I said hi, okay?". I cry a lot in real life so I cried a lot when I heard it. I was just really overwhelmed with emotions :p

I was just so thankful that she used up her fansign slot to get an album for me when she could've gotten an album for herself. I couldn't focus on studying for the rest of the night so I just kept replaying the audio she sent me and staring at the picture of the album with my name on it. I ended up getting the highest possible score on the midterm, and I joke that it's because of Super M. During that time, I got really stressed from school since the workload was much more than I've ever had before, so I would put the signed album she got me on my desk while I studied and it was the main source of my motivation for a while. In February we also got to go to their concert together and it was a really fun day out with just the two of us.

Thank you so much for hosting this, I've read a lot of posts here and it's great that everybody is sharing the warmth and love. I have a few stories from my past, so I thought I'd share one. It's not the most happy all the way through, but I always smile when thinking about it.

Not really one for cliche stories (or sharing in general), but this happens to be one I share with almost everybody; a story about my best friend who passed away from cancer 5 years ago.

It's pretty simple really. Before public high, I went to this really private elementary school and was bullied for being the only non white kid. My friend, Derek however gave me a chance, and I finally got to show somebody the kind of person I wanted to be. Animal Crossing in particular was something we were able to bond over, as every Friday we went to his house and played some City Folk (I mostly watched in awe).

Of course if you read the title you know where this is going. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer not long after 6th grade started, and it took me a month to even notice he was absent from school. I felt like a horrible friend, and begged my parents to drive me to the hospital, with my 3DS and New Leaf in my pockets. I stayed up all night with him, and it felt like we were second graders again. Things started to come full circle; every Friday, instead of visiting his house, I went to check up on him at the hospital. It was the least I could do for the one that helped me find my voice.

He tragically passed during 8th grade, and while it sucks, I won't ever forget all the life lessons I've learned; to speak for myself, to remain loyal to others even in the most wavering of times, and most importantly, to endure a tremendous amount of pain. I know he wouldn't want me to grieve forever, he'd want me to pick myself up and continue defying those who don't believe in me. And that's what I aim to do every day, to carry on his name. Cliche? Yes. Bittersweet? Definitely. But thinking about a life changing experience always makes me smile when I look how far I've come as a person

A positive thing about me is that I can see the world in colors meaning I love to be creative and just do arts especially crafts do it yourself type of stuff! I love to cook and currently diving in to baking!

A surreal/ funny story :
During my senior year of high school I lived at an apartment complex where there a bunch of parking space and streetlights! One night not all totally caring about how I look like hair messed stained clothing haha. I went to take out the trash little did I know I left the door slightly open and dashhh there goes my dog speeding through and past me so I took the trash and set it down and went after my dog I was very frazzled especially because it was weekend night cars are in out and here I am chasing my dog then I hear a voice and said “is that your dog?” I said yes but in my head really why do you think I’m chasing it 🤨 lol . At this time I don’t know who asked me but kept on chasing dog then suddenly for some weird reason I see the person approach someway the streetlights were acting as a spotlight to the person and behold it was my long time crush lol he doesn’t know haha. I’m like what out of all that time I was talking to my crush. Going back to my dog my crush helped me to corner him and was able to get my dog safely. For me the funny part is the spotlight segment lol.

Grateful for you to host this giveaways these tbt bells will come in handy 🥰

Animal crossing holds a special place in my heart.

I am very close with my brothers. When they first started playing video games, I naturally was interested too. They got the fighting and racing games, and I got Animal Crossing. Not that I didn’t fully immerse myself in Wild World on my DS. I just was given the more girly games, which made me question my skill in playing more serious games.

Eventually, I got my own systems and branched out. I can say I hold my own in COD and Fortnite (lol) but I’ll always come back to Animal Crossing. I prefer surrounding myself with creativity and positivity. TBT has also been a huge part of playing and enjoying New Horizons. I’m happy to be a part of this community.

Thanks for letting me share. All the best :)

YJpRex5.jpg

what? I think he's cute

edit: lmao, I just realized, I forgot to add the 'b' to my username when signing

also, I routinely watch a dog (not technically mine, but I guess I take care of him enough to partially consider as such) who is such a loveable loudmouth goofball. like I always thoughts dogs chasing their tails was a cartoon shtick, but lo and behold, guess what he's done routinely? also, when he's hungry and able to meet eye level with you, he'll just flop his head down in front of your face with the most forced 'puppy dog eyes' imaginable. though he will never ever ever let you miss time for any of his treats, with all the barking. plus, he has a superpower it seems at detecting when cheese is gonna be involved, based on how he barreled over at my opening the fridge before I even got said cheese out, when in most cases of fridge opening, he wouldn't do anything. oh yeah, and for walks, he seems to think he's some sort of rabbit, despite being rather large

overall, a handful, but I guess that's just the usual pet experience

and for special shout outs to members here, @MasterM64 and @Wildtown for their massive help with my own various collectibles hunting, and @Blink. for her huge help in clearing out my own unobtained diys list and giving me a bunch of free seasonal mats on top of that. plus @Darius-The-Fox for his huge help with crafting celeste diys early in and also giving me various other freebie crafted diy items. all y'all are great by me

more to come later, maybe? I'll edit as I think of anything else, so long as this thread is still open

though regardless, a big thanks for deciding to do this

edit2: lol, 69th reply

Last edited:
Thank you Oblivia for this giveaway, making members spread positive vibes for it is really cute!!

Personally I have been quite quiet everywhere online for the past month as I have met someone... Who is becoming very important to me very fast. I've basically been single for my whole life (happily so for the most part) and it felt like it would be really hard to meet someone who would be a good match in terms of personality, interests and other factors that influence how well people fit as a couple. Well, now I've met him. I want to be careful about what I say, but, you know, this seems so right! I think that we can do this, I want to believe it! Not because I'm naive, but because I'll decide to trust him and go all in knowing how vulnerable it makes me. I'm so happy and grateful... 💖😭

I'd also like to thank @Blink. for being a goddess (you know why 😭) and EVERYONE from OGS (an ACNH Discord channel that has its origins on TBT) but I have to mention @BungoTheElf separately for being my special AC bud since New Leaf. I love ya'll, even if I haven't been as active lately. 💕💕💕

This goes out to my homie @kitaissa my best friend forever, I love you so much :blush:<3

We've been best friends since middle school and still are now. We bonded over some stupid drawing app that our school had on our ipads and now we're both aiming to be illustration majors, without her my passion for drawing wouldn't be nearly as large as it is now, I've always loved her art and it has always been an inspiration for me!! We may not chat as often as we used to with our other friends every night for hours on end but I know that regardless, we still have a strong bond and we'll always have each other's backs. I love you so much Ruby and I'm so glad that I met you 😭❤❤❤❤

Something fun we like to do every year for each other's birthdays (only a week apart!) is compile an assortment of gifts for each other in a gift bag and when it's time to deliver we ding dong ditch each other's doors and escape into our cars LOL
It's so much fun each year and I love making her happy with the gifts and seeing what she gets for me too, I always get adorable art and messages packed with our inside jokes!!

I love you so much and you make me so happy, I'm glad to be your best friend :blush:
Doodle of our ocs who are also besties 🥺

7132020_01.png

Honestly, I am still working on finding the positivity about myself and I think that I am making good progress on finding confidence again. I was a troubled person back when I was in middle school and high school because of where I was in my own life. I went to college and for the two years I was in the dorms I started to really like myself, finding my own voice to be honest. I think that is really positive since it made me realize how much I could love myself when no one was trying to push me around.
SPs6uIN.png
A heartwarming story... hmmm well I have this one from when I was living on campus before the shutdown. I had a project for my dance history course, I needed the credits, and our assignment was to explain our family heritage and our culture. In my family, my mother's mother's family has a lot of documentation and history back from when my Great Grandmother was a countess in Austria. Her father's history is a little more shrouded in unknowns since his family moved to the US from Mexico back in the 20s. They sacrificed a lot of their culture to make a family here but that doesn't mean it still isn't there. My father's family is from Spain but we do not know much more since his father passed away when he was young. Now it is funny the combination of heritage can bring new waves of their own culture. Everyone's family that came together to create my own is of their own decent and when I was creating this project I realized just that. We made our own culture as a family and we creating something entirely new together. And when I presented this project to my class, handing out family photos and heirlooms for people to look at I realized how proud I was to see all my family represented and together for the first time. When I explained how I felt to my Grandma and Mom, we all agreed that we should represent our family as a collective once a year, getting everyone together, about 30 family members, and share what made us a family, be it food, photos, or memories. We planned it for summer but I'm afraid we couldn't host it this year due to COVID but there is always next year.
Hes a 15 year old pup who does his best!
20200629_112008.jpg

it’s one am does this count *sweats*

hi, this is the love of my life, goldi <3

h63dUgl.jpg

she’s one of the best things to ever happen to me, i love her more than anything and that’s a weird feeling for me. i don’t tend to get attached to animals and people in general but if anything were to happen to her I’d probably die lmao
idk if anyone can relate but if your dog accepts you and loves you for who are you then screw anyone who tries to make you feel bad! that’s how I feel anyway 😂
so now marvel at this cute bean and know that she loves you too!! you’re perfect and goldi agrees hehe
tysm for this super duper sweet giveaway! have a lovely day/night, everyone!!

Something positive: I love my mom, she's such a nice and easygoing/compromising person and reminds me that just because I'm a disinterested antisocial grouch that there's still hope somewhere deep in my genetic code that I can still be a person who can open up to other people and be patient if not also genuinely interested in the things they are passionate about even when I lack much passion about the subject matter.

Story from my life: when the virus was first starting to spread here and shut things down I went to Starbucks the person in front of me at the drive-through paid for my order and I felt like I won the lottery that day even if it was just a breakfast sandwich. I haven't forgotten about it yet and it's been months. Which is good because I usually only remember bad things. Maybe I will try and figure out how to compartmentalize moments when I was happy to stay in my memory, write a happiness journal or something.

🌃

I'd like to talk about my granddad.
He's always been there for me since I was young and was the one taking care of me when my parents are busy working. I wasnt born into a well to do family so he'd always make toys from twigs cardboard etc for me. He would give me coins to play the gacha machines. Also he's a great gardener and was the one who made me appreciate flowers and got me interested in gardening.

He was the one to send me to school in his motorbike and despite everyone judging the scrappy ol bike I'd just be super happy to see him waiting there with his bike helmet at the end of the school day.

One of his wishes was to see me graduate university. When he passed, I was determined to work extremely hard to get into a good uni and graduate. Can safely say he's one of the biggest motivating factors. I still think of him occasionally and all the good memories of childhood he left me with. I had promised to bring him overseas for sightseeing when I was older but unfortunately he left before I managed to. I still keep a photo of him in my wallet so whenever I'm overseas he's with me too. I recently got engaged and just thought of his influence in my life and how I'd always push myself to be better so that I won't let him down. Just wanted to appreciate my grandad and that I wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

Wow, this is a great idea!

My story is about one of my favorite recurring dreams.

I have a dream that happens every once in a while where I drive out to a local park with my mom. We make the drive around 6am, just before the sun is completely up. The day is always clear.

We park on a long and winding road within a forest of pine trees and oaks. We have to walk to the park, where a bagel truck will be selling freshly baked bagels. These bagels are special because they're extremely delicious. They're crunchy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. My mom and I stand in line to order our bagel and coffee. We order and then explore the park a bit as we wait for our bagels and coffee to be ready!

Next to the bagel stand is the bagel-making truck. The baker spins a large amount of dough on a machine like it's cotton candy and pulls small amounts of dough from it to form each bagel (This is a dream! I know this makes no sense but it made a LOT of sense in my dream. Anyways...).

The machine spins the dough like this:
bagelspin.png

And each bagel comes out from the dough like this:
eachbagel.png

I watch the baker create lots of bagels and put them into the oven and then soon, my order is ready to eat! So my mom and I sit at a picnic table with our food and eat our delicious bagels as the sun rises over the park. The birds chirp. The air is crisp. The coffee is warm and a perfect pair to the crunchy and soft bagel. We spread cream cheese on each bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back