Giveaway Seeking Positivity: A Semi-Massive Bell Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so this isn't really like a cute or fun story but it is kind of heartwarming I guess and it brought a little positivity to my word, making me feel like the world isn't so awful after all etc etc.

So a little backstory: my in-laws have lived in the same neighborhood for 20+ years, and most of the residents there have lived there just as long. Everyone is super neighborly, they have block parties frequently and basically it's just a super neighborly place to live - except for one crotchety older couple, who lives directly across the street from my in-laws. This couple has called the cops on my in-laws numerous times for playing music too loud (my FIL likes to work on cars in the garage and listens to oldies in the early afternoon, we aren't talking house-party music here) and they purposefully park their cars on the street instead of in the driveway so other people can't use the street parking. They're never friendly, never say hi when you walk past, they complain about kids playing outside in the street in front of their house, basically the textbook "get off my lawn!" type of neighbor.

Anyway, a couple months ago the man was diagnosed with cancer. And my MIL, without making any sort of big deal about it, begins cooking dinner for them each night and bringing it across the street. One night I was at my in-law's house and I see her doing it and I was honestly shocked (yeah I'm petty lmao) and I asked her why she was doing it and she was like "Sometimes you do things because it's just the right thing to do." And honestly I learned something from that. Mainly I learned that my MIL is a really good person -- I'm not super close to her so learning that about her really changed my perspective.

edited to add: this happened before the whole pandemic, my MIL has been following social distancing guidelines since they have been put in place, just want to clear that up!!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for doing this Oblivia, it’s a cool idea.

Here’s what I’m thankful for these days, I’ll put it in a spoiler because it’s pretty long.
SoI grew up in a very small, very conservative town. i didn’t have a ton of friends, and was bullied a lot because I was very shy, didn’t play any sports, was into musical theatre, was a book nerd, etc. Growing up, I didn’t really know who I was or how to express myself — every time I did something or said something that felt authentic, I received a negative response or no response from my peers, so I started to believe that there was something wrong with me — that on some level, I just couldn’t relate to other people. I became convinced that stuff I liked wasn’t cool or relatable to anyone, and that in order to ever be good with people, I’d have to change myself and my interests.

I ended up going to college far away, in a city much, much larger than my hometown, and it’s been the best experience ever. Because there are more people, there’s a lot more diversity. I can be myself here and people will like and appreciate me more for it, rather than less. One example of this is Animal Crossing — I always liked it, but I was never able to find IRL friends to play with before. When I tried to bring it up in my hometown, people would think it was weird or nerdy, and so I learned to keep it to myself. In my new city, thanks to my boyfriend and others who have shown my that it’s ok to be myself, I’ve begun to express it more. I even bought an AC t-shirt and wore it in public (something I never would have done before because I would have been made fun of), and I got a ton of compliments on it and ended up making some new friends because of it. It’s been a process, but now I’m a lot more open about my interests and hobbies, and I have found that people relate to me a lot more than I ever thought they would.

Over the last couple years, I’ve learned a lot about myself, and I’ve also learned to appreciate myself more. I’ve realized that I don’t have to change to be a person people like, but that I’m likable the way I am. I am still quiet, but that means people listen when I have something to say, because they know it’s important to me. I’m still a nerd, but it’s enabled me to connect with so many people because of shared interests. I am a good leader and a good friend — but only because I’ve learned that it’s okay to be authentic, and that I’m better when I’m fully myself. I’m so incredibly thankful that I’ve had the opportunity to learn about myself, and I think I like who I’m becoming.

Thank you for doing this Oblivia! This is very generous! ❣

There are so many people in my life that bring me joy: my boyfriend, my dad, my cousins. I'm going to talk about my lovely mom though for the sake of this giveaway.

My mom and dad have been the best parents in the world in my eyes ;u; They made sure I grew up with good values, never having to need for anything, and surrounded by love every day. My mom and I have been especially close though. I've always admired her for her compassion, intelligence, beauty, strong moral compass, and love for God amongst other things. I wouldn't know what to do without her....

Unfortunately, I've had to consider just that. With no warning, no previous family history, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in late 2018. What started as a small lump, unfortunately ended up migrating to her bones and now she has stage 4 metastatic breast cancer. It's on practically every bone, but mostly in her back and hips.

(Here's where the positivity kicks in)

However, she has been the strongest woman I've known and this incident has just highlighted that. Despite the pain, despite the fear, my mother has NOT ONCE had a breakdown. She's endured surgeries, scans, the works. She continues to go to work to put smiles on people's faces. She has even taken clients who are mopey and suffering from cancer and inspired them to stay positive and FIGHT. She's on the chemo pill yet she continues to radiate life with a full head of hair and her amazing personality to match. I believe, while some may call it impossible, that she will beat this. Positivity is key! I'm so beyond proud to call her my mom♡

Her strength has inspired me more than she could ever know. I've been struggling with motivation to be great, but because of her I'm inspired to climb every mountain, keep my faith, and never let anyone or anything take my joy.

This is incredibly generous of you! Thank you <3
I've been reading most of the posts and I'm glad to be part of this community!

These are the people who I'm incredibly grateful for
I am incredibly grateful for my family and the opportunities they have given me in life! My mom and dad have two different nationalities, so they had to face many struggles in their life while raising me and my brother. My parents decided to have and raise us in my mom’s country, so my dad basically left everything behind to raise us and be with his family, because of this, it was him taking care of us and my mom was the one working. My parents married in their late 40’s so my dad was able to retire early in order to be able to take case of my brother and I, and even though my parents are on the “older side” I am grateful for that because they knew what they wanted in life! Because they speak two different languages, I grew up as a simultaneous bilingual, which has opened many doors for me, and I am now pursuing a career in bilingual education! I think it’s important for children living in the US to continue developing their parent’s native language and NO ONE has the right to tell them not to, not even the school they’re attending.

Another person I’m incredibly grateful for is my partner. He’s been my rock for these past 3 years and he encourages me to become so much better than I am, he loves my flaws and I love him for it. I remember the first time we met, I DID NOT like him one bit, it was in college and we were introducing ourselves at a foreign language club and he introduced himself with a joke… “one of those class clowns who loves attention” I thought to myself. A week or two after, the club hosted a Mardi Gras event and we ended up bonding over our culture that we share in common, after that well, long story short we began dating and at the time I was STRUGGLING with social anxiety, and he’s the complete opposite, he’s a social butterfly and being around him and his incredibly welcoming family has really helped me come out of my shell. His carefree attitude has also been rubbing off on me and don’t stress out as much as I used to and on the flip side, he has learned to take some stuff more seriously! He’s such a silly goose, but I love him, and I’ve learned so much from him. Also, I want to mention how non superficial he is, I’ve NEVER in my life felt as comfortable not wearing any makeup and putting my hair up in a ponytail as I am with him! (Everyone else I dated thought I looked like a little boy with my hair up.-.)

Honorable mention to my best friend, we've been living in different countries for 7 years now, but every time I talk to her it's like absolutely nothing has changed between us, I love her with all my heart and I miss her dearly. Funny thing is that when I first met har back in ~2010 I though she wanted to beat me up because of the way she would stare at me... turns out she just needed glasses and was squinting to see lol

I'm not an artist and can't really draw for the life of me, so this doesn't count as a picture participation but I still wanted to share some doodles I made back in HS sorry if they're a bit creepy, like I said, I'm not an artist.
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.15.34.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.15.34 (1).jpeg
Fur Babies (15, 8, 5 and 3 years young in order 💕 )
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.27.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.27.06 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.25.25.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-08 at 16.34.52.jpeg

Edit: Not sure if editing is ok or not, but sunflowers make me smile, they remind me of sunshine and a nice summer day. (My first ever digital drawing.... not great.... but I couldn't help myself lol)
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-09 at 16.51.03.jpeg

Last edited:
I came home after a very long day at work to this wonderful giveaway thread, with tons of wonderful people sharing what they are thankful for, and that is such a mood changer! It's been several years since I had been active on TBT but I love seeing and feeling the positivity from everyone this time around.

My post won't be too different from everyone elses, I have people, pets, and life changes that I'm thankful for.

I wasn't looking for love when I met my husband. It's true when they say love finds you when you least expect it! I had moved away from my home town, trying to get away from toxic people and relationships. Met my husband at my stepsisters birthday party that I wasn't actually gonna go to (but did because of cake), and my husband got dragged along because his band-mate is my stepsisters cousin. Here's a picture of us at our wedding last year!
FB_IMG_1559498852159.jpg
My mother been through a lot in her life. She has always done her best to take care of me, even under pressuring circumstances. I won't go into detail because a lot of our relationship includes negative interactions, which is the opposite of this post, but since I've become an adult we have gotten a lot closer and can be more honest with each other. I don't know what I would do without my mom, and I do regret the time we have wasted. She's become my best friend over the last several years! Also she got me sailor moon cake pops for my 18th birthday?!
655.jpg
http%3A%2F%2Fimagescale.tumblr.com%2Fimage%2F1280%2F0661ea06fa5f9ff4b8833b28165aff58%2Ftumblr_...jpg
my mom rescued my cat for me when I was 14 (9 years ago!) from under a trailer. He's been my best friend and constant in my life ever since. He's literally been with me through all the negative and positives in my life. He gets a little feisty sometimes but he loves to snuggle and give eskimo kisses. My handsome boy.
IMG_20200405_102011985_PORTRAIT.jpg
i I also rescued my gecko Jasper from the pet store I used to work at when a coworker placed a heavy hide on his tail and he dropped it! As a positive note, his tail grew back AND I found my love for reptiles when I decided to bring him home! When we move into a house eventually I plan to home more reptiles, especially those who need help/need more care.
IMG_20190421_200415_340.jpg

Lastly, I found a love for aquarium fish when I worked at my previous job! We've had several bettas over the years, but I think we are finally looking to have some schooling fish like mollies, platys, and/or tetras after our newest bettas pass. Here's my personal current betta! His name is Ahi.
IMG_20190416_205607_537.jpg

I work with animals for a living, and clearly animals are a huge part of most people's lives here. Here are some addtl pics of amazing pets I have met!
Screenshot_20200708-213750.jpg
Screenshot_20200708-213924.jpg
IMG_20191108_113712168_20200708214249514.jpg

i loved reading through everyone's responses and some of them hit pretty close to home and made me tear up a bit.

something heartwarming that made the quarantine more bearable for me is work surprisingly.
i work with seniors and while i don't usually wake up excited for work (i like just laying in bed and sleeping in...), but it's something that i've been looking forward to. i'm a pretty anxious person & not that talkative so the first few days can be more formal/awkward. but it makes me really happy that after we get to know each other for a while, they have a big smile on when they see me. i love that i can connect with them even though there's a significant age difference. the other day, i just watched youtube videos and listened to classical music with them, it's such a simple thing to do but it helps make quarantine less lonely!

This is such a lovely thing to do, I have been enjoying reading the positivity and having something fun to do in between work. Thank you so much for this!

My older brother is the most important person to me atm, he is in a wheelchair and has one of the rarest disabilities out there (Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome) it's crazy he made it to one but this week he turned 23 and I am so proud of him. Although he can't talk he is so full of character and his ability to be happy, funny and fight through some really rough times is inspiring to me. Despite the serve limitations having a brother with a disability, hundreds of seizures per day and a wheelchair during my childhood it has been a real blessing. I can't imagine who I would be without him and all that I have learnt from being his sister. Anyway I realise this is cheesy but most people are awkward around him and the topic of him when I talk about it because serve disabilities are almost not human to so many and it's not a relatable topic for most.

As for a happy story, I'll keep this one short but my dog finally decided to start using the bed I bought for him. He is obsessed with blankets and soft things, he likes to be comfy when he's not running. I bought him a really plush bed made by the same company that I bought a beanbag from, the beanbag was actually for my brother to sit in as respite from his wheelchair but my dog decided he loved it too and hogged it :cautious:. Anyway, he was scared of the bed I bought for him and generally stayed away from it but gave in today and for some reason that really made my day. He's taking a long nap on it as I type.

Here's a picture of a chalk sketch of a bearded dragon I did today before I saw this post.

This is a brilliant idea :)

I am an only child. For years I was a spoiled kid who took everything for granted. Even though i kept making my parents angry, they supported me wholeheartedly in whatever I wanted to pursue in life, even studying abroad in a subject that wasn't deemed 'useful' according to Asian parent standards - Psychology. Having been in the UK for around 5-6 years now, I've met my current partner who helped me mature into the person that I am today, and now I've come to appreciate my parents so much more. Sadly, I see them less than 1 week every year now due to full-time work (and more recently because of COVID-19). In the future, I want to make more of an effort to spend as much time with them as possible, and show my love and appreciation for them.

And here's my drawing of Bancholeomon

bancholeomon digimon.png

Let me start by putting this statement here.

"Everyone is special to someone."

The story is not just about me. This is how I view things in life.

There were times that we try so hard just to please everyone.
There were times that our love becomes unrequited.
There were times that we take everything for granted.
There were times that we regretted being mean to someone.
There were times that we want to turn the world upside down because things aren't going our way.
There were times that we want to give up because of being tired with everything.
There were times that we don't feel like doing anything at all.

Do we live just to suffer?

Despite that, we still try to face them head on. Because we know that someone out there is cheering for you. Don't forget to thank those special someones who made you stronger as ever before!

By the way, every villager in Animal Crossing deserves some love. There are no exceptions!

Thanks for hosting this Oblivia! What a great idea, because lord knows the world needs some positivity right now

Something positive about myself I've learned to accept more and more is how in tune to people's emotions I am. My family will often times make me feel crappy about it or label me as "sensitive" but its something about myself that I love and helps me in many situations. Its been a hard time overcoming the overwhelming negativity I've gotten from my family about it, but I'm old enough and secure enough in my life that I can distance them as much as I want now.

Amongst recent times I have come to have something so important to me that I think it keeps me afloat in a situation that was really sad, and for some reason this was the first thing that came to mind when reading the description of this. So about a year and a half ago, I lost my mom to breast cancer that spread to her brain. She was diagnosed 10 years prior and for the 10 months leading up to it, she steadily went more and more downhill, so it wasn't a total surprise, but the 10 months were long and hard to see her struggle more and more, losing physical and mental capacity. I still loved to see her and at times had to take care of her when my aunt (her sister) needed a break.

Me and my mom were extremely close. We worked at a restaurant as servers together, where we hung out and became almost more of friends relationship rather than parent-child. We joke with each other, hang out at home and outside work, do cool things together, and generally always have good times. I, being the goofy and strange-humored person i am, always did weird things to make her laugh like call her interesting nicknames "lil tiny" "hoebag" "grandma (because she made me call her that to get a grocery discount" and some more perverse ones that to an outsider may seem rude, but me and mom had that sense of humor and it always made her laugh. I could go on about the funny things I would do to her that would always get her to smile. She always went above and beyond to support me in college, high school, grad school, other endeavors, you name it and she wanted to be involved, but never in an annoying way.

On the opposite end of this, my dad was and is trash. Never supportive emotionally, hardly interested, and I never talked to him unless i came home. So when my mom passed in Jan 2019, he had a new girlfriend in Mar/April 2019, and while he claims he wasn't talking to this person when my mom was living, thats still too fast of a turnaround and we told him that. My aunt, mom's sister who took care of her, is still prominent in my life and visits us very regularly. She now talks about so much more about my mom, and her relationship with my father, and told us a lot of things my mom struggled with in that relationship, was upset about, kept to herself, probably had depression, but just all stuffed it down to be a great (and only) parent to her children. Which paid off because me and my sisters came out successful and normal. And like it was some really bad stuff. She told my aunt about how she couldn't separate from my father because of her cancer and needed his health insurance/ money to cover treatments, but she didn't have a solid career because of sacrificing her work-life for her kids (his kids I may add). All of this was really coming to a head and becoming too much the years before she went down hill.

It was truly world-breaking to hear all of this from my aunt, and since my mom's passing, I've seen my dad maybe 2-3 times in person and talked on the phone maybe 5-6 (once was him telling me about dating this new woman.....). However, amongst all of this, I first applaud the hell out of my mom for doing what she did and being an amazing mother. Second and the thing that is most important to me, is that in those really tough years for her, I was living at home with her after undergraduate, working 40 hour weeks at the restaurant and seeing her for a lot of them, continued to always make her laugh and smile more than I recall anyone else. My aunt told me more recently that she thinks I was my mom's favorite because of all this stuff I did for her.

So I look back on that time period and all the little things I always did for my mom to make her happy and laugh and it brings me so much peace with losing my mom to know that I was unknowingly helping her too. To know now she was going through so much (for me) and that I was able to take her mind off it, give her the love she deserved, and truly have genuine, great lasting memories with her means the absolute world to me. So now whenever I make someone laugh, or brighten someone's day, or in my career now of helping people understand their cancer risk by genetic testing, I know I'm continuing to be what she strived to teach us and know that her life was not in vain.

I'll edit in a picture later, maybe

Sometimes I think about how much I need my mom in my life. She’s sacrificed so much for us so we can have a better life. She works quite a bit, not only that but she doesn’t get a break due to COVID and she has to keep working while trying not to get infected which must be really hard. She taught my brother and I so much and I’m really thankful for that. While her academic expectations are way too high for me to be able to easily reach, I’ll try my best in an attempt to repay her for helping me get the best grades possible.

Tysm for doing this Oblivia!

Thank you so much for hosting this incredibly generous giveaway, it is truly admirable and kind of you to do so, Oblivia ! I will now spam you with a positivity ray ! <33

My friends, especially my boyfriend and best friend, are exceptional people. Truly. Although we’ve had our ups and downs and disagreements, we are probably the most compassionate and loving friend group I’ve had! Three years ago now, I became very ill. I had always been scared of needles and doctors, and my friends were there for me the whole time. When I got my first CAT and MRI scan, they held my hand as the nurse put in the IV and stayed in the room with me despite the loud and obnoxious noise. They both missed school to accompany me. They are the most empathetic people you will meet, with both of them crying alongside with me and not being afraid to express themselves. Now, three years later, we remain great friends, and can make each other laugh like no others can. We recently all bought “fairy princess” temporary tattoos and applied them to each other lmao. They both still come over and have social-distancing picnics with me, and my mother holds them both very dear to her heart. I couldn’t ask for better friends.

My grandfather basically raised me as a kid, and one of the many things he introduced to me was the Phantom of the Opera. Even as a 3 year old I loved the musical score, and would watch it time and time again. The end of the “opera” (idk what to call it lol) always makes me cry. It’s a memory and piece of film / music I hold very dear to my heart, one of my “core memories” even! I’ve watched it in my hometown live maybe 3 times, and once in Vegas. When I turned 16, my aunt decided to take me on a trip to New York as a gift. We toured the city for 10 days, and on the final day, when she had convinced me we were heading to the airport, our cab took a turn and began heading down Broadway ave. I don’t think my heart had ever felt as full as it did when it dropped us off at the Majestic theatre! She had purchased tickets to watch Phantom, because she knew how special it was to me. THE MUSIC WAS ASTOUNDING. The scenography was beautiful, and of course, as per usual, I spent the rest of the day sobbing like a baby and thanking my aunt, for gifting me QUITE EASILY, the best day of my life ! I am eternally grateful for her kindness and generosity, it is something to look up to.

Also,

Jb1pVt4.jpg

bgqoR8l.jpg

wRtS3Ky.jpg

Lastly, I’ll leave you with this painting I did of my lifelong idol, Frida Kahlo. She is empowering, beautiful, and incredibly strong to me.My bedroom walls are covered in her self-portraits. I will even add an embarrassing image of me during 2008 Halloween where, as opposed to being a princess or something of the sort, I begged my mom to be her LMAO.

5zODTiB.jpg

uMLqMFk.jpg

Thanks for hosting such a generous giveaway! Some of the best friends I've made have been online, which I'll talk about below

Many years ago, I joined a close-knit community around an obscure card game and made a ton of great friends from that community. I originally just joined the community to learn more about the card game but with their encouragement, I ended up participating in store championships, regionals, and eventually continentals. Meeting these people in real life for the first time was so nerve-wracking because I'm just not really good at in person communication, but they all made me feel like family while I was there.

As the community started to die down in popularity, we began to talk regularly online and planned a number of conventions to attend together. They helped introduce me to so many different shows and fandoms, and I've regularly traveled with them to all sorts of places around the world. Eventually, we got the crazy idea to go to Japan to see a Love Live concert in person. Originally, I thought they were joking because, getting into such a thing was basically impossible for foreigners at the time, but they were serious and helped me get the tickets to get in. Stepping foot into Japan for the first time with my best friends was such a magical experience, it really felt like paradise. We have since been to Japan 3 times as well as more conventions than I can count. I really treasure them with all my heart, I'm so happy to have them as friends and this post the reminded me to let them know that as well.

I'm sorry if this kinda turned into a ramble, here's a picture of the most recent time we were in Japan this January, just look at all of those people there! I never thought I would be one of those people...
1594339574217.png

Reading all of your wholesome stories made me want to share mine!
I got these little guys about 2 months ago from my mom's friend who had a litter of 10 and it was honestly the best decision of my life! I never really had a pet apart from a goldfish I think when I was 10 lol and I couldn't be happier! Pretty much all throughout my life, I was a very shy and introverted person who always felt awkward around others yet hated to be lonely (is this strange? lol) However, these two floof clouds of joy have kept me company and I am so grateful for them to be in my life! I never realized that having a pet could be this fulfilling and to be responsible for a pet's wellbeing and happiness could be super fulfilling to me.
Now on to the funny bit: The bunny with the close up is maxwell and he is honestly SUCH a cute little troublemaker!! (I still love him to bits though!) One time I thought it would be a good idea to bring the bunnies outside for some fresh air and put both of them in an enclosure that apparently wasn't tall enough! There was a tool shelf inside the enclosure and maxwell somehow managed to use the shelf to hop outside and I spent about an hour running like a maniac trying to catch him! (Its amazing how fast these guys are!) At the time, I was both laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of the whole situation but also part crying because I really wanted him back and I didn't want him to stay outside overnight where he could get hurt. Finally, I lured him back into the enclosure with some pellets and hay and thankfully he came back to me!
image0.jpg

FLOOF.jpg

FLOOF CLOUD.jpg
Next, I want to talk about my amazing teachers in high school and the impact that they had on me. Growing up in a family that had very high expectations of me due to both of my parents being immigrants who didn't have the same opportunities, I felt very pressured to live up to those expectations. I am super thankful to my parents who have worked hard to provide for our family and that is something will hold true for the rest of my life. However, during high school they would often compare me to my classmates who they thought were more outgoing and more proactive in finding opportunities such as student government, being the president of a club, etc. I've always had trouble speaking in front of others and never really liked being a leader to others so this was an expectation that I had trouble meeting. Since I wasn't much of a leader, I decided to focus more on academics and do the best I can. When the SATs came around and I didn't do as well as I had hoped, I became severely depressed as I felt like I failed myself at the only thing I thought I was moderately good at. This was when my 12th grade chemistry and english teacher stepped in and changed my whole outlook in life. I remember spending about 2 hours after school talking to them and telling me everything was going to be okay. Now in college, I still remember the words that they said to me and can focus on my longterm goals rather than lamenting over shortterm setbacks that come my way.
Thanks for reading and remember things will be okay and you're worth it! ^^

Thanks Oblivia for doing this! This is soo sweet of you. c:

I want to share these two cuties down below. :)

Picture 01.jpg

Picture 02.jpg

This is Butterscotch and Lucy. They're my brother's first two cats and we babysat them back in March. Lucy is the very hairy one and Butterscotch is the orange and white one. My brother is currently in the military and when he had to be somewhere with his job, he needed a babysitter for these two. So my mom said yes! So both her and I took care of them for a couple months. My mom and I are both very sweet and we both love cats, including that of my brother. My mom and I took very good care of them while my brother was out doing what he needed to do. My family and I grew up with four cats, so I'm glad my brother carried on the tradition of having cats in his house. I'm hoping one day I can take care of a kitty myself and I love helping others out, including that of my mom. I hope this counts as a heartwarming story. I tried my best. 🥺

By the way, my brother did take home two more kitties, Snickers and Salem. He's cat crazy. xD

this is such a sweet idea. here are my stories:

I live in a fairly small place, so my cat is always with me. To help you understand the floor plan for later in the story, as soon as you walk into the place the living room is right there. Since that’s the biggest room, all my cats stuff is in there (toys, litter box, etc.). The couch and television are on the left hand side of the room, and all the way on the right is where the litter box is, it’s a good distance away from the couch. Okay here’s the beginning of the story now: On my birthday, I was sitting on my couch eating a cake pop that my friend sent to me. My cat was right in front of me trying to stop me from eating. this wasn’t a surprise since he begs for food a lot (I may spoil him a little bit...), but he really wanted this cake pop lol. After pushing and fighting him away from him eating it out of my hand, I finally got to eat it. I don’t really know how a cat can look so angry, but I could tell he was furious. He grabbed the cake pop stick, and before i could even react he jumped off the couch, ran over to his litter box, and buried it. my cat buried a cake pop stick in his litter box because he didn’t want me to have it. that all happened in like 2 minutes. it was truly shocking. my friend thinks it’s the funniest thing so i hope this amuses everyone as much as it does her.

here is the picture of him when i played nh for the first time on launch day:
0E521F24-28BF-4DA9-BD92-041DCC318E1B.jpeg

i had to stop playing with the volume on because he would sit there and meow, i dont think he likes the way their voices sound ahah.

i’ve been best friends with this person for as long as i can remember. i find that usually those friendships end up fading, but I can’t remember that ever happening with us. i adore her and she is the reason i joined this forum, she also gifted me a collectible and i need to pay her back haha. i know it must be soo hard to figure out who it is lol. i just wanted her to read this and know that i love her and she means so much to me! <3333

edit: my cat just spilled all the trash out my trash can so he could lay inside the trash can. now i have to clean up trash and he won’t come out of the trash can.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for hosting this! I would like to share a short, heartwarming story

One day about 3 moths ago, I was doing the usual, going to the local Stop-and-Shop and I see this old lady. She was having a hard time crossing the street with her groceries and there were a lot of cars were honking at her. And then I see this young man, probably about 19, come over and help her carry her bags and cross the street. It was a very small act of kindness, but it still made my day. And from then on, I passed on the kindness. It's amazing how much impact one small, positive thing makes.

Last edited:
My best friend.

We've had our ups and downs over the course of a decade, but I will never stop appreciating you. Texting the most random things at 2am in the morning. Sleeping over and just talking about anything and everything. Bawling at midnight while watching The Werewolf Boy. Going crazy over Chun Hwa's kick in Sunny. Laughing at each other's anatomy when we draw. Laughing at our boyfriends being nit-picky over everything. Watching each other improve little by little.

Most of all, I will never forget the day you stood up for me and yelled at someone for his piss poor attitude towards me and let me cry on your shoulders for months on end. You. Complete. Badass.

You deserve the world.

I love you, @JaneIIe

Untitled_Artwork.png

Last edited:
This giveaway is really sweet! I'll take this opportunity to talk about someone very important to me.

I won't say his name because of obvious reasons. But my boyfriend is who I'm going to talk about. I am a trans gay man and, as you can guess that comes with... A lot of judgment and hardships. He is my best friend and has helped me through so many things and has helped me think better of myself and be better. My image of myself is.. Very low but I am slowly working on it. I have massive amounts of sovial anxiety and that doesn't help either. When we first started dating I was still unsure about my gender, and he helped me on so many levels to help me understand myself and how to handle it. He even went with me on a family trip which I would have hated otherwise. I don't want to ramble but I hope this is sufficient!
Anyway thank you again for doing this giveaway!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back