Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Cake
Silver Mailbox
So on my beach there is a long straight(ish) bit and I was thinking of spelling out my town name on it - a sort of Hollywood tribute ;)

I've always been an avid hybreeder, so I have loads of hybrids and I can spell the letters out easily in hybrids.

BUT

Would it be nicer if I stuck to seashells as it's on the beach and I like to keep things a bit simple?

Any thoughts? I've attached a pic of my town map for reference. It's the top of the "public" beach all the way down to the end of the ramp (I've checked and I have enough space for all the letters so that's not an issue).

tumblr_inline_nez3x8CuCU1t4k3t8.jpg

I like the idea of it being spelled out in seashells! It would be a new way to use them that I've never seen before. c:

Seashells would look gourgeous on the beach, but it will be better if you have seashells, flowers and clovers on the beach! Also there are some blanket patterns, you can place them on the beach to make it look like a towel. c:

I voted for flowers because I love how they look on the beach, especially lilies, but seashells would look nice too.

My vote is for the shells. I think they'd have a more muted look like they kind of accidentally washed up like that. The lilies would be pretty though...

Thanks everyone who's commented or voted! It's interesting to see people's opinions :)

I think I like the idea of it looking like the shells washed up that way. They would definitely be the same type of shell, for simplicities sake.

I may border it out in flowers.

@RainCrossing - I'm not big on laying down patterns in my towns. I prefer them to be a bit more natural. Plus I don't have the pattern space :p

I think seashells would look abit more natural, personally I think it would make more sense if you used shells. Whenever I see flowers used on beaches, it just looks abit random to me but again, this is only my opinion! Do whatever you think is right or looks the nicest. :)

I think shells would be better. The villagers drop by the beach and plant random flowers.
Flowers as a border around the name would look pretty. Maybe pink lilies.

Shells would be really cute! I've seen this idea in flowers before but not in shells. Post pictures whatever your decision! :>

I made a letter in shells and a letter in flowers. I'm going to see what it looks like in the morning (midnight in AC isn't a great time for landscaping).

Keep your ideas and opinions coming folks! I'll definitely share photos when I've made a decision on what to do.

Last edited:
Back