Re: Newbie with a Few Questions

Santeh

Bells
Arcade Tokens
Re: Newbie with a Few Questions

Hello!

I picked-up Animal Crossing:A New Leaf a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. I did have a few questions, though:

1). When does the slingshot appear in Nook's store? I would really like to go after some of the floating gifts.

2). I saw that Nook was selling a watering well, but I am unsure if it is decoration or functional. Is there any way to tell if an item being purchased does something or if it is purely cosmetic?

3). How do you visit other towns?

As I noted, I have really enjoyed the game so far, yet it is too bad that each mortgage costs so many bells.

Thanks, all!

Last edited:
1) Randomly once upgraded once to t and t mart
2) ????
3) Talk to Porter in the train station

Hello!

Thanks for the help!

I will just keep checking in daily at Nook's for the slingshot.

I am sorry if my second question was unclear. When I went to Nook's one day he was selling what looked like an old-fashioned well. It looked neat but if it does not do anything it seem a bit pointless. Before I spend bells on such things, I thought I might ask.

I have had my character speak to Porter, yet he tells me there are no near or far away towns...

Hello!

I picked-up Animal Crossing:A New Leaf a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed it. I did have a few questions, though:

1). When does the slingshot appear in Nook's store? I would really like to go after some of the floating gifts.

2). I saw that Nook was selling a watering well, but I am unsure if it is decoration or functional. Is there any way to tell if an item being purchased does something or if it is purely cosmetic?

3). How do you visit other towns?

As I noted, I have really enjoyed the game so far, yet it is too bad that each mortgage costs so many bells.

Thanks, all!
1.) Once it upgrades to T&T Mart, it'll unlock. Just buy stuff at Nook's until it upgrades.
2.) Generally everything is cosmetic.
3.) Once you and someone else have mutually added each other's friend codes, you can visit them or they can visit you as long as you both have a good wifi connection. To visit them, their gates have to be open, and if you want them to visit you, you open your gates. Porter at the train station does all this.

I see. Thank you. I am not familiar with friend codes as I have always used my 3DS solo. How does friend codes work?

If you go to your home page and look at the top, you should see an orange smiley face with an orange border. Click that and you will find your FC. You will give that code to other people for them to add. They will give you their's, as well. You click on the register a friend button and enter the code. For name, you just put something random and it will fix it when they add you back

Welcome to the new world of Animal Crossing New Leaf. Glad that you enjoy it as many of us have done it.

1.- The slingshoot is available randomly at the store after the first upgrade. I invite you to check at Re-tail forum to look for one, I sugest that you make a thread looking for the tools that u may still be missing.
2.- Basically anything that you may find in the stores are for merely display, thay have no use with exeption of the tools, wraping paper, letters and the music and players.
3.- In order to visit another person town, both of you must have had added each other Friend code, after that one of you should go into the train station and talk to the monkey to open the gates then the other person can go to their own train station and choose to visit sommeone else and he should be able to see the town name of the other one. You need wifi conection to do it, unless the other person is next to you, you can choose local wireless conection.

Despite not having the slingshot, you can still capture balloons with your net when they go off cliffs. They lower when they get to the cliff, and while it is lowering you can hit it with the net and the present will land on the beach.

Wonderful! Thank you, everyone!

One more question, if I may. I bought as Astro CD layer from nook yet I have not found how to add music to it, even when I "investigate" a town-person's music player. How do I add songs to a music player?

Wonderful! Thank you, everyone!

One more question, if I may. I bought as Astro CD layer from nook yet I have not found how to add music to it, even when I "investigate" a town-person's music player. How do I add songs to a music player?

once you build club LOL, every saturday after 8PM you can go and listen to a song by KK slider. after he plays, you'll find a music piece in your inventory. the first time you go, you cannot get the song you request, but every time after you can. eventually after you upgrade the store i think, twice? or three times? i can't recall, you can purchase songs in the store. if you streetpass, you can also order songs from streetpass houses if they have them available.

Last edited:
Every Saturday night, KK slider takes requests in club lol (after you unlock it). All you have to do is after listening to one,m he gives you the song in your pocket. Press A in front of a music player and the option to add a song is there. Select it from your inventory.

After the second store upgrade you will be able to buy song that you will be able to add to your players. Or you can try to go to the Retail forum and ask to buy some, Im sure you will find people willing to help you out, specially if you let them know that you are new to the game.

Also! I didn't see it mentioned, but if you have 3 or more songs in your music player you can use a new option to shuffle the music. c:

Back