• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Random thoughts thread.

So the whole world acknowledges that tomatoes are fruit. They’re only vegetables in the United States. And Animal Crossing is a Japanese game. So why are tomatoes vegetables in Animal Crossing?

As much as I haven't played recently, I'm considering returning for the Christmas season. It's always been my favourite and I love the decorations ^^
Post automatically merged:

So the whole world acknowledges that tomatoes are fruit. They’re only vegetables in the United States. And Animal Crossing is a Japanese game. So why are tomatoes vegetables in Animal Crossing?
maybe because of US translation? I'm not entirely sure, but I feel as though this could be the case

Because us Americans are vastly inferior to the Japanese. They know what's up.

So, I missed Halloween this year on my island. No big loss; I've got enough clones of Jack anyways.

My best guess would be because tomatoes don't grow on trees, unlike the fruits in the games (pears, apples, etc.). Then again, bananas were fruits back in NL, and I don't think those grow on trees.

So...the name of the museum in the original Animal Crossing is actually called Farway Museum??? I thought it was really called, "Faraway Museum".

I've been misreading that for the longest time, apparently...

I'm pretty sure they're used as vegetables in europe and asia too.
Source: am from europe, live in asia.

Bam.

Bam%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

It's his birthday today.

How come the balloons never fly over Resident Services? I’ve never seen it.
You can’t put any items or furniture in the Resident Services plaza, so the balloon always flies around it to prevent the present from disappearing if popped near it.

You can’t put any items or furniture in the Resident Services plaza, so the balloon always flies around it to prevent the present from disappearing if popped near it.
This reminds me of how in New Leaf balloons do this when there's a public works project or building in the way.

I feel like I'm being a bit ridiculous. I'm trying to find a map without the narrow beach areas. I need to just find a map and play already. I'm sucking the fun out of this game.

It's so annoying to catch mole crickets. Especially because my shovel could break at any second.
Yeah, I don't like that you HAVE to use your ears to catch it. If I'm trying to catch one for a Nook Miles+ goal, I'm basically forced to pause my music and turn up the game volume. I feel especially bad for the hard-of-hearing players that are tasked to catch it...

I am still taking a break from finding a forever island because I feel like I need to reflect on what I feel I actually care about when looking for an island. Now this is totally a me problem but I feel like I definitely am caring about things I normally wouldn't care about like dock and peninsula sizes, since I read about what other people feel is the best peninsula and dock suddenly I am seearching for islands with those specifications. In reality there are only three things I care about for a map: native apples, resident services a good distance from the airport and an airport that isn't green. I'm sure I am passing up a lot of maps with those specifications because I am subconsciously searching for islands that OTHER people deem ideal for THEM. I need to stop doing that and I think when I do, I will find an island and stick with it.

Things I don't care about I see a lot of people do
Starters: Villagers aren't permanent. They can be switched out

Peninsula and dock: i don't decorate my dock or peninsula so the size of those are irrelevant to me

Things I care about and why

Native fruit: now while getting most if not all fruit is possible (espcially with NSO) I personally just think the apples look so pretty on the trees, no matter the season. Especially when the trees are covered in the white snow

Airport color: the green is way too bright for my liking. If it were more of a forest green I definitely would be all for it. To be honest, my preferred aiport color is orange because to me, its not too dark or too bright. 2.0 update with Reese and Cyrus made the color locked items irrelevant anyways.

RS. I would prefer a option to do an entryway but to be honest a RS right at the airport entrance would be a very interesting thing to see. And I wouldnt be against a map with the RS close to the airport.

Last edited:
So...the name of the museum in the original Animal Crossing is actually called Farway Museum??? I thought it was really called, "Faraway Museum".

I've been misreading that for the longest time, apparently...
This is mindblowing to me but because I didn't even appreciate it had a name

Yeah, I don't like that you HAVE to use your ears to catch it. If I'm trying to catch one for a Nook Miles+ goal, I'm basically forced to pause my music and turn up the game volume. I feel especially bad for the hard-of-hearing players that are tasked to catch it...
It took me forever to try and find the mole cricket. If I could just turn off the hourly music and just hear the bug it would be easier.

I've already known about these weird coincidences regarding my Wahu villagers' birthdays for a while, but never mentioned it on TBT:
  • Bob and Poncho have consecutive birthdays (January 1st and 2nd respectively).
  • Patty and Cherry have consecutive birthdays (May 10th and 11th respectively).
  • Me and Kyle share a birthday.
With the exception of Kyle, I never took those birthdays into consideration when I moved some of those villagers in...

I've already known about these weird coincidences regarding my Wahu villagers' birthdays for a while, but never mentioned it on TBT:
  • Bob and Poncho have consecutive birthdays (January 1st and 2nd respectively).
  • Patty and Cherry have consecutive birthdays (May 10th and 11th respectively).
  • Me and Kyle share a birthday.
With the exception of Kyle, I never took those birthdays into consideration when I moved some of those villagers in...

My island is like this with Genji (January 21) and Francine (January 22).

Back