• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

e948c3569d17cab1e51066feb789abe9.jpg
I almost thought these birds were supposed to be flying around Bob's head like he fell down or something.

Is it just me or a lot of the islands on Twitter and Instagram are starting to look the same. Even if they put their touch of style in it. It would still look the same as another island I have seen.

Or I just don't care anymore (and I know I can't talk, because I have an overly done Japanese style island, that I need to update the DA for)

Is it just me or a lot of the islands on Twitter and Instagram are starting to look the same. Even if they put their touch of style in it. It would still look the same as another island I have seen.

Or I just don't care anymore (and I know I can't talk, because I have an overly done Japanese style island, that I need to update the DA for)
I think at this point in the game's life, us players are simply used to what islands look like in general, and thus the "wow" factor for unique islands kind of faded away with time. I'm not sure what kinds of islands you're browsing, but maybe more users are blending themes together or something. There's still opportunity to create something unique and interesting, but that may now involve hacking the game, and I've personally seen unconventional island designs (such as four mini islands with four river exits) created like that.

I wouldn't hack my own Switch (at least my OLED, which I don't think you can hack yet anyway) as I don't want to run the risk of getting banned, but I've previously hacked my 3DS to edit my New Leaf town to make it look how I wanted. That was my way of squeezing the remaining fun I had left of the game before New Horizons came out. Remaining totally offline on my old Switch to hack the island to my liking may be what's left of this game's enjoyment for me besides Photopia.

Of course, I can't reveal anything on how to do this or if it's even possible, but just wanted to throw my two cents.

I just feel like the AC community on Tumblr is dead.... Sure, I still get a few notes here and there, but it's nothing like back in 2015-2018. I still have 4k followers, but I know they're all dead accounts.

All my old posts have hundreds and thousands of notes, yet none of my New Horizons posts have exceeded 200. I know New Leaf was like the golden child of the AC community and that's the game everyone fawned over, but I guess no one stuck around?

I know New Horizons is extremely successful all by itself but I just feel like the Tumblr AC fandom has just fallen off. No one posts about New Horizons as much as they did New Leaf, and it honestly makes me sad.

I guess I am just nostalgic about 2015-2018 Tumblr when I was creating 3 different towns, posting daily and gaining followers. I am trying to be more active but I feel like most people have left the fandom all together.

I just feel like the AC community on Tumblr is dead.... Sure, I still get a few notes here and there, but it's nothing like back in 2015-2018. I still have 4k followers, but I know they're all dead accounts.

All my old posts have hundreds and thousands of notes, yet none of my New Horizons posts have exceeded 200. I know New Leaf was like the golden child of the AC community and that's the game everyone fawned over, but I guess no one stuck around?

I know New Horizons is extremely successful all by itself but I just feel like the Tumblr AC fandom has just fallen off. No one posts about New Horizons as much as they did New Leaf, and it honestly makes me sad.

I guess I am just nostalgic about 2015-2018 Tumblr when I was creating 3 different towns, posting daily and gaining followers. I am trying to be more active but I feel like most people have left the fandom all together.
You can partly blame Nintendo for dropping New Horizons' content updates as quick as they did in favor of Splatoon 3. Over two years of no new content (with the exception of Pocket Camp) is plenty enough for people to leave groups and communities en masse. I mean, I joined TBT well after the New Horizons hype died down, but I still come back here regularly not because of my interest for the game, but for the many users who share the same interests as me and continue to talk about many things, both AC and non-AC related, that relate to me (as well as my real life social life hitting rock bottom, but that's a whole different story).

Besides, everyone's going to move on to other games eventually. As for me (with having minor ASD as I'm not going to pretend that's not playing a factor at all), I've found my happy place within this series and community. Those that still post and share new AC-related progress and creations on this forum today are dedicated fans, including myself. I'm doing it now as I started sharing my passion way late, but man, I wish I'd have joined TBT in its New Leaf heyday. That would be an amazing experience for me. Until the next mainline game in the series gets announced, this is what's to be expected until then, unfortunately.

Static wanted to play High Card Low Card, so I said to myself, as a complete joke, “the first card was 8 so the second one has to be higher”. Obviously, I picked lower. Guess what happened. Guess.
IMG_5725.jpeg

Static wanted to play High Card Low Card, so I said to myself, as a complete joke, “the first card was 8 so the second one has to be higher”. Obviously, I picked lower. Guess what happened. Guess.
View attachment 528410
Even when the odds are low, they can still happen.

I restarted my island back on the 5th, because I want to do some stuff differently, too many flowers, spreading rapidly, and in honor of new year. The beautiful island is useful for getting rid of trash, but it can be problematic with the flowers spreading too rapidly, so I’m gonna try out the night owl ordinance. I’m a night owl myself, so it should be a bit beneficial to have everything happen an hour later of when it would normally happen (specifically shops closing, and villagers are going to sleep) 🌌🌌🌌

I’m gonna go for a Valentine’s Day and Cherry blossom theme (I will have a lot of pink white and red flowers in general too). 💖💕🌷🌹🌸🍫🤎

However, I’m not gonna have any villagers based on my theme. I just want Rooney once I am able to go through the process of Amiibo-ing him in. 🩵🦘🥊
My island name is Sakura and I reset until I got a redish-orange airport to go with the color scheme I have in mind. (white, pink, red.) 🤍🩷❤️

so I’m gonna try out the night owl ordinance. I’m a night owl myself, so it should be a bit beneficial to have everything happen an hour later of when it would normally happen (specifically shops closing, and villagers are going to sleep) 🌌🌌🌌

I wish you could choose the time for shop hours. I work until midnight, and unless I play in the "morning" (morning being when I wake up much later than most) I have no chance to visit the shops or even speak to most of my villagers once I finally have time to relax after I get home from my job.

I wish you could choose the time for shop hours. I work until midnight, and unless I play in the "morning" (morning being when I wake up much later than most) I have no chance to visit the shops or even speak to most of my villagers once I finally have time to relax after I get home from my job.
Oooh that would be awesome ^^

I noticed that you don’t have as much creative freedom with colors as you do in new leaf. In new leaf, you get to actually customize your own pallet, but in new horizons, you only have preset ones :/

It just hit me that the next installment of Animal Crossing will be the first game in the series that my name will be something other than Croconaw. I will be using my chosen name. 🤘🏻

The fact that I can give gifts to my most recent villager, but not yet Cherry, a starter. I am not necessarily annoyed, as I do not really care to gift Cherry. I just find it a bit bizarre. And I have talked to both these villagers a few times, probably Cheery more....so o_O

The fact that I can give gifts to my most recent villager, but not yet Cherry, a starter. I am not necessarily annoyed, as I do not really care to gift Cherry. I just find it a bit bizarre. And I have talked to both these villagers a few times, probably Cheery more....so o_O
You'll have to talk to newer villagers a few times and do a task or two for them before you're given the option.

Also, I'm always jealous of those that get Cherry as a starter. She's on my island now and has been for over three years, but is not my OG sisterly. Rocket was 😐

it's crazy how people manage to make such beautiful drawings on bulletin boards, especially with the ink limitation. i just had someone spend over 2 hours drawing on my board, and it is so beautiful. i can barely draw a stick figure on the switch ;;

Did you know in the older games (AC, WW and CF unsure for NL) it was a lot easier to find a mole cricket or the bugs that like hiding in the rocks and trees?
Just paid attention to your villagers, like what Sally (aka Hazel in that game) and Genji are doing here in my GC town.
The villagers would look at the ground, a rock or stare up at a tree (this doesn't happen in NH, While they do look up in the trees. Its not in same way in the older games)

tumblr_nolualiGmp1rz7gt1o1_640.jpg

I know people have complained about Orville's dialogue. I think it would be a lot better if the dialogue chain wasn't so long. For example, if we could choose "Visit someone in local play", "Visit someone in online play", or "Visit Harv's island", that would remove one link from the chain. I think there's already a "Never mind" option in each link of the chain so why does he need to ask again at the end?

Rhonda was stunned when I gave her a dollhouse for her birthday! 💕 I love that purple-loving rhino!

And Shari says people are shocked that she likes flowers…you’re literally wearing a baby romper and pink bow. You’re matching all the gender stereotypes! Why would they be shocked? 😂

Back