• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

I finally found my map! After 3 days of resetting and my Switch almost not making it until tomorrow I finally found my map. As previously said I wanted apples, a not green airport (prefer orange) and RS far from the airport but I was not against it being close either and I don't like the beaches with tiny rocks or narrow areasbut that.wasn't a game changer. I finally found a map that had all of that. Apples, orange airport, large beach rocks with no narrow areas, RS not too close or too far from the airport and an added bonus: this map looks like the very first map I had in ACNH on launch day. I remember this map vividly because the river looks like a coat hanger. I say this all the time but this time I actually mean it: I am NOT resetting again. I have a strat in place for the reset urges. This is my forever island. I am NOT letting this island go.

So the whole world acknowledges that tomatoes are fruit. They’re only vegetables in the United States. And Animal Crossing is a Japanese game. So why are tomatoes vegetables in Animal Crossing?
I've actually been watching historical themed youtube channels. I forget some of the details, but it was due to a tax at the time. Kind of like how priests or monks called beavers fish so they could eat it during a time of fasting.

Tomatoes also grow like berries on a vine.

I've actually been watching historical themed youtube channels. I forget some of the details, but it was due to a tax at the time. Kind of like how priests or monks called beavers fish so they could eat it during a time of fasting.

I’ve been taught that if it has seeds, it’s a fruit. The term “vegetable” is mostly used for stuff grown from the ground that doesn’t have seeds.

But does that mean corn is a fruit?

I’ve been taught that if it has seeds, it’s a fruit. The term “vegetable” is mostly used for stuff grown from the ground that doesn’t have seeds.

From what I saw in a video somewhere, "vegetable" is not a real botanical term. Cabbages and lettuce are leaves. Broccoli is fruit. Carrots and potatoes are roots. "Vegetable" might be a real term for cooking trade schools, but I don't know enough to say.

Corn is a weird mutation and look very little like the plant it was. Corn syrup shouldn't be considered a food product.

Nix v Heddon, a Supreme Court case in 1893. It was about taxation where fruits weren’t taxed, but vegetables were. And although tomatoes were botanically a fruit, the low sugar content made the court rule in favor of taxing tomatoes. Hence why tomatoes were a vegetable in the United States.

I can't seem to find the "I discovered" thread anymore for ACNH. But yesterday I discovered that you can use the crafting tables inside villager homes which I thought was very cool!

I can't seem to find the "I discovered" thread anymore for ACNH. But yesterday I discovered that you can use the crafting tables inside villager homes which I thought was very cool!
You can also "borrow" other villagers' cooktops as well if they have them. It's like this in player houses other than your own as well if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure someone out there has found a creative way to utilize this little quality of life tidbit.

I won't catch 5000 fish. Heck, I won't even catch 2000. Never. :mad:
Oh don't give up like that. I completed my 5,000 with the help of fish bait and lots of patience. Tedious? Very. Worth it? Yes.

5,000th Fish Caught.jpg

But did it really have to be at least a C+ a Sea Bass though?

Oh don't give up like that. I completed my 5,000 with the help of fish bait and lots of patience. Tedious? Very. Worth it? Yes.
Personally, I'm finding that ANCH is taking up a huge amount of my time so I've decided to play for one full year in order to experience all of the special events. After that, I'll probably put the game aside and go check out that Stardew Valley update. If I catch 5,000 fish and 5,000 bugs in that time, GREAT! Otherwise, I'll go without because I'm already driving myself crazy trying to get all of the Achievements, catalogue items, and DIYs.

So, today is Tasha and Kicks' birthday, which is most definitely not a coincidence as they're both skunks. Tasha is technically a squirrel, but she heavily resembles a skunk.

So, today is Tasha and Kicks' birthday, which is most definitely not a coincidence as they're both skunks. Tasha is technically a squirrel, but she heavily resembles a skunk.
To me, Tasha always gave off more of a weird vulpine vibe. Like part cat, part fox, maybe some musteloid of some kind in there. I never felt like she seemed to be much of a squirrel. And between the slit pupils and the patterning on the tail, morphology indicates otherwise against a skunk. I dunno? Mystery animal!

To me, Tasha always gave off more of a weird vulpine vibe. Like part cat, part fox, maybe some musteloid of some kind in there. I never felt like she seemed to be much of a squirrel. And between the slit pupils and the patterning on the tail, morphology indicates otherwise against a skunk. I dunno? Mystery animal!
As a person who knows almost nothing about mammal DNA, my brain hurts. Nookipedia doesn't even fully explain who she may resemble other than a skunk:
Her coloration makes her resemble a skunk.
So yeah, I dunno why I'm even thinking about this. Oh well, I needed to work my brain today anyway.

In other news, I'm about to celebrate my birthday on Wahu with fellow birthday buddy Kyle...

Yay Kyle! He’s so cool…
Haha I forgot I wasn’t on the Planet Zoo forums for a moment

I haven't been to the HHP island in a while, and I forgot that the cliffs there were a nice off-white color compared to the dirt brown on the player's island.

I've been touring a few tropical islands and thought it'd be nice to have the option to use the off-white cliff color instead. :love:

I haven't been to the HHP island in a while, and I forgot that the cliffs there were a nice off-white color compared to the dirt brown on the player's island.

I've been touring a few tropical islands and thought it'd be nice to have the option to use the off-white cliff color instead. :love:
It's another missed opportunity from HHP to implement one of its features on your own island. Some of Kapp'n's islands are like this as well. If I had to be honest, however, I'd rather have big brick/stone walls that act like cliffs. You could get very creative if you could change the design of the cliffsides...

Okay Souhait villager line up.

Bettina (normal mouse), Bob (lazy cat), Bones (lazy dog), Curt (cranky bear), Drift (jock frog), Ketchup (peppy duck), Poppy (normal squirrel), Reneigh (big sister horse) Whitney (snooty wolf) and Zell (smug deer). I have all of their Amiibo cards so it is going to be pretty easy to move them in.

Right now my villagers are all screwed up. I have three smugs (Marshall, Ken and Kidd) and no cranky.

Also made sure they were different species and I am going tonhave two normals and two lazy.

Last edited:
I was going to make a new topic about this, but instead I'll post here as it's a completely random funny thought I just had...

Anyone ever picture what certain things villagers may be thinking about or saying, solely based on no-context reaction pictures? Here's a few I thought of while browsing Pinterest...

7354e2a2853820ccdab17af124e21c5d.jpg

"I see what you did there, wee one."

affb25f047b6fafeafd7cbf9aebdfe72.jpg

"You know, your hat could make a nice duster."

e948c3569d17cab1e51066feb789abe9.jpg

"That's right, Villager, get that butterfly..."

064a4575abd33cddf14e560932234dba.jpg

"YOU WANT ME TO WEAR WHAT??!"

ecf62d04432a6711a303ee01ec8631bc.jpg

"Oh yeah. You're lookin' good, rad dog."

e12b32f6b7f019fd6b976aab714e6416.jpg

"Fine, Tommy. Go wave your dumb little flag. I'll try and go on my lunch break AGAIN."

abc2b45c761938259358e96a6d768192.jpg

"Oh, I'm on TV! Hi Digby!"

a6a6d3672a43f6a33dd4e67e37ae4b8d.jpg

"Well, at least the fish died happy... right?"

c95711f7558e78b6dbd92ebe6b6a55a3.jpg

"This coffee really hits the spot."

84aac61bde7dcf58ae852f62551d21a2.jpg

"Sometimes, I wonder if I really do exist."

Back