• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Random fire made in Gimp

watercat8

Bells
So, today I downloaded Gimp and very quickly looked up a tutorial. I decided to use one that made fire because it was very simple and good for beginners.(like me!) This was my result.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Fire.gif
</div>

It took about 15 minutes to make and post here. I also was wondering if anyone knew any good Gimp tutorial for me. If you could post them I would love you forever! Thanks!

Oooh Nice. :D <small>I need to learn how to do that...</small>

There are tutorials on the GIMP website if you haven't looked at any of those...

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

You can also look up GIMP/Photoshop Tutorials on Youtube, and there were video tutorials on the Adobe Photoshop website as well that were helpful to me.

I wish I knew how to actually make images with GIMP... All I can do is edit existing images. =P

Tyeforce said:
I wish I knew how to actually make images with GIMP... All I can do is edit existing images. =P
two words: Download Brushes

Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Lol, I never use brushes. Plus I wouldn't be able to create anything and actually like it, since I'm a perfectionist.

Tyeforce said:
Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Lol, I never use brushes. Plus I wouldn't be able to create anything and actually like it, since I'm a perfectionist.
that's like the only way to create something from nothing :s

and they're used in sigs all the time...

Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
that's like the only way to create something from nothing :s

and they're used in sigs all the time...
I know, that's why I wish I could learn how to use them. But I can't learn by online tutorials. I need someone to show me in person to really learn how to do it. =/

Back