Random fire made in Gimp

watercat8

Bells
So, today I downloaded Gimp and very quickly looked up a tutorial. I decided to use one that made fire because it was very simple and good for beginners.(like me!) This was my result.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
Fire.gif
</div>

It took about 15 minutes to make and post here. I also was wondering if anyone knew any good Gimp tutorial for me. If you could post them I would love you forever! Thanks!

Oooh Nice. :D <small>I need to learn how to do that...</small>

There are tutorials on the GIMP website if you haven't looked at any of those...

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

You can also look up GIMP/Photoshop Tutorials on Youtube, and there were video tutorials on the Adobe Photoshop website as well that were helpful to me.

I wish I knew how to actually make images with GIMP... All I can do is edit existing images. =P

Tyeforce said:
I wish I knew how to actually make images with GIMP... All I can do is edit existing images. =P
two words: Download Brushes

Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Lol, I never use brushes. Plus I wouldn't be able to create anything and actually like it, since I'm a perfectionist.

Tyeforce said:
Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Lol, I never use brushes. Plus I wouldn't be able to create anything and actually like it, since I'm a perfectionist.
that's like the only way to create something from nothing :s

and they're used in sigs all the time...

Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
Horus said:
Tyeforce said:
that's like the only way to create something from nothing :s

and they're used in sigs all the time...
I know, that's why I wish I could learn how to use them. But I can't learn by online tutorials. I need someone to show me in person to really learn how to do it. =/

Back