Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
Quinn%27s%20Quintessential%20Quilts.jpeg

Who knew this super cool eagle's hobby would be making kitschy grandma quilts?
This winter it's time to get warm and toasty under TBT's very first community quilt project!​

🎄 How It Works

In this event, participants will either download or print out one of the quilt templates below and draw a unique festive or winter themed design within the quilt square! Submissions will then be hand-sewn by the TBT elves into a giant community quilt.

IMG_7750.JPG
IMG_7752.JPG
IMG_7751.JPG

Click on the style you want to enlarge the image, then click the "download" icon on the top right.

IMG_7747.PNG
IMG_7749.PNG
IMG_7748.PNG

🎄 Rules & Submission Guidelines

• Your design must be festive or winter themed. If you are unsure whether your design idea will work, feel free to ask the event host, dizzy bone
  • You are only submitting one design.
  • You may use either Digital or Traditional methods to create your quilt square. No matter the medium you choose, the design must be 100% drawn by you. No collaborations, please.
    • Digital: All parts of the drawing must be drawn by you, eg. No pre-made assets, designs, or photographs. You may use fonts.
    • Traditional: All parts of the drawing must be drawn by you with colour pencils or other drawing mediums, eg. No magazine or photograph cut outs/collages, or store bought stickers or designs. However, you can use craft paper and other craft materials such as glitter.
  • Please ensure all designs and colouring stays within the quilt square outline. This is so that it is easier for us to piece the end result together.
  • If you are doing traditional drawings, please make sure you submit a high quality scan or photograph
  • A fair amount of effort must be put into your designs. Low effort entries (such as black and white scribbles) or joke entries will not be accepted.
  • Please make sure all designs are appropriate and abide by our Rules & Guidelines.
  • Your username must be present somewhere inside the square.
  • Please do not change or edit your entry once it has been posted unless otherwise asked to by the host.
To submit, please post your design in this thread by the 25th of December, 2021, 11:59 PM EST. Late entries will not be accepted.

🎄 Prizes

• Participation: 60 Silver Bells for accepted entries.
  • Favourites: 60 additional Silver Bells if nominated to go to community voting.
  • Placement:
    • 1st place: Animated Snow Globe, Gold Trophy
    • 2nd place: Silver Trophy
    • 3rd place: Bronze Trophy
    • In addition, entries placing between 1st and 5th will receive 300 TBT bells.

🎄 Submission Checklist & FAQs

Before submitting your entry to this thread, make sure that:
  • Your entry has your username somewhere inside the square
  • You are following the winter/holiday theme and that all parts of your design are made by you.
  • You are posting it by the deadline, 25th of December, 2021, 11:59 PM EST.
Q. Can I redesign the quilt pattern?
A. For this event, please do not create your own patterns - you may only use one of the patterns provided. However, you can make slight edits to the existing square, as well as recolouring the line art. You also do not have to stay within the lines exactly! As long as your design doesn't exceed the edges of the square.

Q. Do I have to draw something, or can I just colour in the quilt?
A. Please have some drawn aspect - even if it is just designing additional patterns, like stripes or polkadots, within the line art. The design itself should be festive or winter inspired.

Q. Would we be allowed to make an actual quilt square out of fabric?
A. You may use fabric to collage as long as the fabric doesn't have pre-made patterns on it (which would count as a store bought design). If it's just solid colour then that should be fine! Please make sure you stick to the quilt pattern above and that your design still has a drawn aspect to it.

Q: How will favourites be selected?
A: The staff will review and nominate entries to go to a community poll where the community will then vote for their favourites

Q: How will I know if my entry is accepted?
A: Your entry post will be marked with a green 'Accepted' reaction if it has been accepted. You may not edit your entry once it has been accepted.

Last edited:
two questions.

1. does the tool shape in photoshop count as pre-made/cheating?
2. if i don't have a printer but can't draw digitally, would it be allowed to simply draw out and then color/fill in one of the quilt patterns?

two questions.

1. does the tool shape in photoshop count as pre-made/cheating?
2. if i don't have a printer but can't draw digitally, would it be allowed to simply draw out and then color/fill in one of the quilt patterns?

1. You can use the tool shape. Pre-made means images you save off google or other existing images.
2. Yes, if you can replicate the pattern I will allow this! However, with any traditional submissions, while they may be accepted as an entry, there might be a possibility that they wont make it onto the quilt if the photo quality is not good enough!

I’ve decided to incorporate my two favorite things into my quilt: Hockey and Croconaw! (Notice how I mentioned hockey first.) Croconaw doesn’t exactly know how to play, but the effort is there. Blue is my favorite color, so blue was an obvious choice for the fabric. Hockey is the only good thing about winter! My favorite winter activity. ❄️🏒🥅

D92216E3-2370-489F-B364-2441CE218F6B.png

8i9vmPi.png
I drew some Christmas Stocking for my entry for the Quinn's Quintessential Quilts. Don't really have any artistic talent; however, I did have a lot of fun coloring the quilt template. Might try to make another design for myself whenever I don't have much to do.​

Back