• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Questions about fashion checks?

olivetree123

Bells
Tasty Cake
Cake
Cake
Gracie finally showed up in my town today!

- When assembling the outfit, do you necessarily need every item? i.e socks, shoes, hat, and accessories? Or will it still pass if everything else fits? i.e shirt, shoes, and pants all match / majority fits the theme, but there's no hat, socks, or accessory?

- TTing because I don't want to have to wait an undetermined amount of time for Gracie to reappear: as long as I go back to 5:55 and wait until 6, will she change the theme, or do I need to go forward another day first and THEN go back?
- On this note, do I need to do it all in one real-time day, or could I possibly (I'm not going to but example) not play until next week, go back to today, and have them still be here with a new theme?

- A villager is moving out in a few days: no one else should be thinking of / readying to move except them while I go back and forth, correct? (Just want to be safe :0)

That was kinda lengthy, I apologize ;~;

I just know the answer to the first question:

You don't need every single item. I was able to pass a fashion check with the hat, shirt, and pants. The socks, shoes, and accessory didn't match the theme and I still passed with flying colors (she even gave me a Princess bed. o.o )

You don't need every item, but there are certain themes that don't go together. If you check here there's a chart that tells you what not to wear together. I don't know about the second question because I went forward and then back a day, but that's just because I didn't think to just go to the day before the fashion check and then wait. And no, two villagers won't move out a the same time, so you'll be safe until they move out.

If one villager has already decided to move out then you are safe until they move out, I THINK. (don't blame me… )

Yes, if you TT back to 5:55 am and then wait for her to switch, it seems like that should work.

in my experience you only need 3 items to fit the theme and I never really had any problem with items not matching ,etc.

I remember one time I only had two items that fit the theme and she passed me, though not with a good rating, and it counted towards my 4. Seems like three or more will give you a good rating as long as you don't mix something in that will make you fail.

Back