• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Question regarding Amiibo Villagers.

PacV

Vasea Mayor, Zenda Islander and Borelia Villager.
Bells
Hi.
You'll see, back in the day when the Amiibo Update came out in New Leaf and the game gets the feature to invite Amiibo Villagers to your Town there was a problem that consist that the villager invite through Amiibo Card won't ask for leaving naturally at least you scan another Amiibo in his place.

This was a problem for lots of players that because of the excitement, they all scan their Amiibo Cards just to realize the villager could be there forever or even with really small chance of leaving naturally (without scan other in his place).

Is this a problem too in New Horizons? Can anyone please confirm if villagers invited via Amiibo card ask for leave naturally without kick them out with another card?

Last edited:
They do ask to leave yes
No worries there :)

Thank you so much for answering but... Are you 100% sure? I mean, i believe you but still, before using an Amiibo card i want to be 100% sure they can actually leave naturally.

I have not encountered this bug in this game and have used amiibo cards to bring villagers to my island before. Unfortunately we have no way of proving this to you, so you are welcome to wait for others to also offer their input before deciding.

yes they will ask to leave! i scanned in marina at the beginning of the game and she asked me a hundred times by now 😂

yes they will ask to leave! i scanned in marina at the beginning of the game and she asked me a hundred times by now 😂

All right, thank you so much!

Thank you so much for answering but... Are you 100% sure? I mean, i believe you but still, before using an Amiibo card i want to be 100% sure they can actually leave naturally.
Yep 100% sure
7 of my 10 villagers at this moment in time are amiibos and they ask to move every couple of weeks

I can also confirm! I scanned in June awhile back and she recently moved (and she'd definitely considered it a few times before I let her, too, lol)

Yep 100% sure
7 of my 10 villagers at this moment in time are amiibos and they ask to move every couple of weeks

Phew, all right. Thank you so much all for the answers!

ALL of my villagers (Except Raymond) were invited via Amiibo, I can 100% confirm they will ask to leave.

The last villager to move in will never ask to leave, regardless of Amiibo or not, and the same probably holds true for the New Leaf thing you mentioned.

Back