• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

IMO Australia had the best deal when it came to a complete full set. I opened all the packs last night and got a complete full set plus a complete villager-only set in that 25-pack case. Total cost was $98 USD + I paid the person $30 to re-ship it to me stateside. The North American packs are engineered to cost the collector a lot more if they are buying blind. It might have been more achievable (affordable) to able to buy 25 packs straight out of the shipping case.. and the result may have been the same but instead of 1 villager set you'd probably have several opening that many packs to get all the SP's. Since retails here didn't let you buy 25 at a time, and only 1-4 if you were quick enough to find them online it was impossible to get a sequence packed from the factory with a higher degree of non-randomness. Nintendo figured they'd make a lot more money on these in North America for sure. Hopefully they reprint series 1-4 again. Maybe if we all beg Target they can make that happen (again)

Has anyone had any luck finding the packs from regular, irl retailers? Can't find them anymore!

IMO Australia had the best deal when it came to a complete full set. I opened all the packs last night and got a complete full set plus a complete villager-only set in that 25-pack case. Total cost was $98 USD + I paid the person $30 to re-ship it to me stateside. The North American packs are engineered to cost the collector a lot more if they are buying blind. It might have been more achievable (affordable) to able to buy 25 packs straight out of the shipping case.. and the result may have been the same but instead of 1 villager set you'd probably have several opening that many packs to get all the SP's. Since retails here didn't let you buy 25 at a time, and only 1-4 if you were quick enough to find them online it was impossible to get a sequence packed from the factory with a higher degree of non-randomness. Nintendo figured they'd make a lot more money on these in North America for sure. Hopefully they reprint series 1-4 again. Maybe if we all beg Target they can make that happen (again)
I bought one box (EU cards) and also got the full set, with obviously one SP card left over! I only got two triples (Megan and Sherb), so I was pretty pleased! 😊

It was a real advantage for people who collect the EU cards in series 5, because with 50% of the unique cards being SP NPCs, we got one SP cards in each 3 pack, rather than one in each 6 pack (though I don't know the difference in pricing). 😍

I bought one box (EU cards) and also got the full set, with obviously one SP card left over! I only got two triples (Megan and Sherb), so I was pretty pleased! 😊

It was a real advantage for people who collect the EU cards in series 5, because with 50% of the unique cards being SP NPCs, we got one SP cards in each 3 pack, rather than one in each 6 pack (though I don't know the difference in pricing). 😍
Something like $3.50 USD for 3 EU/non-NA card packs versus $4 (Walmart) or $5.99 USD everywhere else for the NA and 6 cards to a pack. It was impossible at every drop for me to get any at Walmart as I’d find out literally seconds too late at every drop and they never appeared in the retail stores (only online from what I gander)

Has anyone had any luck finding the packs from regular, irl retailers? Can't find them anymore!
If you live in the US, I would recommend stopping into your local Target every so often to see if they have them (target seems to be the only store restocking them in my area). For me, the one time I was able to get them was when I checked their website and they said they had low stock at my store, and when I went to buy them, there were around 30 packs in store. I also went to that same Target the next day and they were all gone. I would overall say just check your local Target frequently as they seem to restock better than others stores, and that the website may not always be 100% correct on inventory (although it could entirely be that they said low stock because they are a hot item flying off shelves quickly, and 30 might of not been a lot compared to the demand).

I've gotten 30-40 packs out of my local Targets, seems like every morning when I check on the website a Target near me has them available to order online for in-store pick up. I haven't had a problem at all getting packs of series 5 amiibos.

I have a question about Target. Many of you have posted that you bought them from target website but i cant even find a listing there! Is it only on the app or something? I tend to search on my pc cause I can type faster. Also was at walmart tonight and they have no amiibo cards of any kind let alone ac. Also checked online at besy buy, gamestop and amazon and they either dont have any or its a 3rd party listing with a jacked up price.

Edit: I tried the target app and still cant find a listing

I have a question about Target. Many of you have posted that you bought them from target website but i cant even find a listing there! Is it only on the app or something? I tend to search on my pc cause I can type faster. Also was at walmart tonight and they have no amiibo cards of any kind let alone ac. Also checked online at besy buy, gamestop and amazon and they either dont have any or its a 3rd party listing with a jacked up price.

Edit: I tried the target app and still cant find a listing
Yeah I’m not sure why you can’t find the listing when searching for it, I wasn’t able to either. But I was able to find it when someone posted a link to it. So here’s the link to the listing, hopefully that will help you out and take you there. Make sure to turn on the notifications for it so you can be alerted when they restock. I actually just got an email alert this morning that it restocked so there’s hope if you’re still looking for them.

Yeah I’m not sure why you can’t find the listing when searching for it, I wasn’t able to either. But I was able to find it when someone posted a link to it. So here’s the link to the listing, hopefully that will help you out and take you there. Make sure to turn on the notifications for it so you can be alerted when they restock. I actually just got an email alert this morning that it restocked so there’s hope if you’re still looking for them.
Thank you! When I check it doesn't show any amiibo cardsa at all not even non animal crossing ones. I dont get why its hidden. only one store shows as any stock and its nowhere near me and cant order for pick up or have it shipped. bummer.

One thing I was thinking about and not sure if it has been brought up yet...do we know why these series 5 packs in NA can only be found at Target? What about Walmart, Best Buy, etc. I would have lots more packs if these were actually stocked by the other stores. Not just the one time pre-order from these places 😡

Nintendo is really miss managing this product right now which makes quite angry at them.

I just got a notification on the target app that the cards were available again. First off there is apparently a $35 minimum to buy stuff on the app? What? Why? So 3 packs of cards weren’t enough. Course that didn’t matter because as soon as I put them in the cart they weren’t available. Why am I getting a notification for something that isn’t available? I guess it could still bots but this is beyond ridiculous. It should not
be this difficult to get these things.

I also got that in stock notification and went to the site and then they were out of stock. My local stores haven't had them in store all December. Is it related?

The little toggle to be notified when they come in stock is now gone for them. Other products it is still there. Is it just me or did they remove it for these packs?

***UPDATE****
Looks like the toggle is back now. Weird.

Last edited:
I just got a notification on the target app that the cards were available again. First off there is apparently a $35 minimum to buy stuff on the app? What? Why? So 3 packs of cards weren’t enough. Course that didn’t matter because as soon as I put them in the cart they weren’t available. Why am I getting a notification for something that isn’t available? I guess it could still bots but this is beyond ridiculous. It should not
be this difficult to get these things.
If you go back a little but on this thread there is some good advice about pre-loading your cart with a pre-order item to meet that $35 minimum. You can cancel it after your cards have shipped with no consequence. Several of us did this successfully for several orders.
Also it will often say sold out and sometimes when you place the order but if it is still showing up as available on the listing then try again and if you keep trying you'll eventually snag some. I am not buying anymore as I maxed out my discretionary funds, lol, but I was able to order quite a lot a few weeks ago by checking the app frequently, especially very early morning or late at night and just trying repeatedly even if it said sold out a minute later.

If you go back a little but on this thread there is some good advice about pre-loading your cart with a pre-order item to meet that $35 minimum. You can cancel it after your cards have shipped with no consequence. Several of us did this successfully for several orders.
Also it will often say sold out and sometimes when you place the order but if it is still showing up as available on the listing then try again and if you keep trying you'll eventually snag some. I am not buying anymore as I maxed out my discretionary funds, lol, but I was able to order quite a lot a few weeks ago by checking the app frequently, especially very early morning or late at night and just trying repeatedly even if it said sold out a minute later.

thanks. i saw that about the pre order item(no idea how to even find a pre order item other than acidentally running across it) but i read that was for free shipping not a minimum order requirement(i dont get how they can force an order minimum anyway). I havent been able to get any cards and i have tried. i had them in saved items on multiple sites and checked multiple times a day including reloading the page repeatedly. there is just no reason we should have to do this much work to get these things.

thanks. i saw that about the pre order item(no idea how to even find a pre order item other than acidentally running across it) but i read that was for free shipping not a minimum order requirement(i dont get how they can force an order minimum anyway). I havent been able to get any cards and i have tried. i had them in saved items on multiple sites and checked multiple times a day including reloading the page repeatedly. there is just no reason we should have to do this much work to get these things.
It definitely has been handled so badly. I am sorry you have not been able to find any. :(
I have horrible insomnia and honestly managed to get most of my packs by checking at 2 or 3 am. But I wouldn’t recommend that to anyone. I was pretty stressed out the weeks that I was working hard to track down packs.
I just searched on preorders and saw a PS game called Prince of Persia that ships Dec 31st so maybe see if you could find that one to preload your cart?

ey were out of stock. My

I have been able to get probably a couple dozen packs last month through Target with the pre-order add-on trick very easily. The Funko Pops always have some looming preorder or same with bluray\4K movies, so they are good options (just googled 'upcoming preorder 4K target' and took me to this page as first result: https://www.target.com/c/movie-pre-orders-movies-music-books/4k-uhd/-/N-5v5l3Zy8mj2). Always got the orders in around 6:30am if that helps. Target was my only source except when the card preorders were happening. I managed to get Best Buy, Amazon and the Nintendo Store online. Walmart was impossible for me at every single drop (which was annoying as others here had massive success with multiple orders there, but Target was my winning retailer). It was also very helpful to follow an Amiibo alerts Twitter with notifications at max to snag them (mostly Amazon). It seems the card supply has dried up. I wish the series 1 - 4 would be printed up again. The sales of those in September appeared to be a one-off for Target. I wish I bought more of those cards.

I have been able to get probably a couple dozen packs last month through Target with the pre-order add-on trick very easily. The Funko Pops always have some looming preorder or same with bluray\4K movies, so they are good options (just googled 'upcoming preorder 4K target' and took me to this page as first result: https://www.target.com/c/movie-pre-orders-movies-music-books/4k-uhd/-/N-5v5l3Zy8mj2). Always got the orders in around 6:30am if that helps. Target was my only source except when the card preorders were happening. I managed to get Best Buy, Amazon and the Nintendo Store online. Walmart was impossible for me at every single drop (which was annoying as others here had massive success with multiple orders there, but Target was my winning retailer). It was also very helpful to follow an Amiibo alerts Twitter with notifications at max to snag them (mostly Amazon). It seems the card supply has dried up. I wish the series 1 - 4 would be printed up again. The sales of those in September appeared to be a one-off for Target. I wish I bought more of those cards.
Thanks. I dont have a twitter account. I had to turn off notifications on the target app due to the constant alerts for random sales. i'm sure this means i wont get alerts for the cards anymore either not that i got more than one anyway. its just crazy to me that people have to do all this to get these cards. makes it feel very not worth it especially when fan made ones are readily available and you can get exactly which ones you want.

Thanks. I dont have a twitter account. I had to turn off notifications on the target app due to the constant alerts for random sales. i'm sure this means i wont get alerts for the cards anymore either not that i got more than one anyway. its just crazy to me that people have to do all this to get these cards. makes it feel very not worth it especially when fan made ones are readily available and you can get exactly which ones you want.
I don't get why Nintendo wouldn't print enough to capture the capital themselves. By keeping supply low it allows creators to make their own cards using stolen RFID code copied off their legitimate cards. It's a loss of revenue for Nintendo. I really don't understand the logic there. I'm sure it's not for altruistic intentions at Nintendo HQ. I guess they don't really care.

As for the in stock alerts it's not an app notification for those, but rather a plain email. The emails have never been useful for me because by the time I notice them the item is out of stock. Twitter alerts were more geared for the preorder and initial release weeks. I still have the accounts I am following active but they have not tweeted regarding stock alerts of the cards in at least a couple weeks.

I don't get why Nintendo wouldn't print enough to capture the capital themselves. By keeping supply low it allows creators to make their own cards using stolen RFID code copied off their legitimate cards. It's a loss of revenue for Nintendo. I really don't understand the logic there. I'm sure it's not for altruistic intentions at Nintendo HQ. I guess they don't really care.

As for the in stock alerts it's not an app notification for those, but rather a plain email. The emails have never been useful for me because by the time I notice them the item is out of stock. Twitter alerts were more geared for the preorder and initial release weeks. I still have the accounts I am following active but they have not tweeted regarding stock alerts of the cards in at least a couple weeks.
Also Nintendo has to know by now how much they are losing to scalpers too. I mean they print so few and charge 6 or so bucks a pack and then the scalpers buy them all and resell for $30 a pack at least. It's crazy. I get that nintendo doesn't want to lose money on over printing but they are losing money this way too. I think they should put up preorders well in advance and then they'd be able to make enough for those and some extra for the stores to put out. This would stop or at least severely cut back the scalpers and there would be enough to go around.

Back