PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

I just need one more SP card to complete the series 5 set, which is currently pending. With online trading both here and on reddit, it's taken me about 30 purchased packs to finish the set, a lot less than what I expected! With 24 sp cards total, to finish within 30 is well above the odds threshold!
To anyone wanting to complete series 5: I highly suggest you use the belltree's amiibo post office for trading! It's much more economical than to keep buying blind packs and hoping for whoever you're looking for. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but I've been trading with it 2017, and haven't had a problem.

I had been successful ordering many times from Target until an order arrived today. The box was empty except the bubble packing. :(
I called Target and they consider this a video game so that department has to make a determination on a refund. Wonder if the FedEx driver stole them?

Attachments

• A9CC219D-6A86-4661-9B73-ADBDB49C75A9.jpeg
    A9CC219D-6A86-4661-9B73-ADBDB49C75A9.jpeg
    981.4 KB · Views: 35
I had been successful ordering many times from Target until an order arrived today. The box was empty except the bubble packing. :(
I called Target and they consider this a video game so that department has to make a determination on a refund. Wonder if the FedEx driver stole them?
oh no! I hope they refund your money back.

Oof that is so awful! I am sorry. Why do people have to be that way?

Sorry that happened. I hope you can get a refund or that they try and ship more to you.

If anyone from Eu/Uk would like to trade cards please consider me✨. I just need Celest 407 and i will complete my very first set 🤩

Oof that is so awful! I am sorry. Why do people have to be that way?

I wish I knew. I suppose equipment could have damaged the box and the cards slipped out and someone taped the box back, but I wonder if I should contact Fedex or just see what plays out from Target?

I wish I knew. I suppose equipment could have damaged the box and the cards slipped out and someone taped the box back, but I wonder if I should contact Fedex or just see what plays out from Target?
If you go back in this thread, you aren’t the first person this has happened to in some capacity. So sorry 😞

Any luck finding them my fellow Canadians? I've been periodically checking Amazon, Walmart, the source, and toys r us but with no luck 😭

My boyfriend today just shipped my 230 card packs today along with a christmas pikachu plush and a thrift store pikachu 🥺 He even helped me get a card holder lol rip we got nothin' here to keep them pristine ;; super hyped to hopefully get them before my bday on the 13th *fingers crossed* gonna have a blast hoping for my dreamies💗💗 To anyone else still trying to get cards GL as mentioned these are my first ever amiibo so it's very special^^

If you go back in this thread, you aren’t the first person this has happened to in some capacity. So sorry 😞
Yes this happened to me, except my empty package was one of those big brown envelopes and the bottom was cut open. The rep on the phone was very nice and gave me the refund without any trouble.

Just received my order from The Gamesmen of Australia that was forwarded to me by a kind-hearted Australian; my friend’s cousin living there.
My first impression is how inefficient the cards are packed in North America. Why do we need all that friggin’ cardboard wrapped around every foil pack here? It wasn’t terribly expensive for my Australian accomplice to send these cards across the world to me. She used Australian post (nothing fancy). I sent her $25 for it (plus a tip for the effort). Now to open and see if the comment about being sequential and complete is true.
Post automatically merged:

Yes this happened to me, except my empty package was one of those big brown envelopes and the bottom was cut open. The rep on the phone was very nice and gave me the refund without any trouble.

it took 4 days but looks like the Target Video Games department has issued a refund for it. The rep I spoke with Sunday says he couldn’t do it because this product was in the video games division and they had to escalate it.
Post automatically merged:

I bet this sort of thing happens more times than Target would like. I wonder if they file something to Fedex for loss prevention. I got another package from Target yesterday containing a Pro controller and the box was re-taped with clear tape over the Target-branded 'papery' tape, so either someone inspected it (due to the battery warning on the sticker on the outside of the box) or they looked inside and were disappointed there were no Amiibo cards and taped it back up.

Attachments

• C228528A-3FAB-4866-B71C-3F135094DB42.jpeg
    C228528A-3FAB-4866-B71C-3F135094DB42.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 6C0B4020-3612-4F49-81F4-555FF13E1EB7.jpeg
    6C0B4020-3612-4F49-81F4-555FF13E1EB7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 4274E4BF-A1C7-4BDD-BC1C-567D5E4C742A.jpeg
    4274E4BF-A1C7-4BDD-BC1C-567D5E4C742A.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I bet this sort of thing happens more times than Target would like. I wonder if they file something to Fedex for loss prevention. I got another package from Target yesterday containing a Pro controller and the box was re-taped with clear tape over the Target-branded 'papery' tape, so either someone inspected it (due to the battery warning on the sticker on the outside of the box) or they looked inside and were disappointed there were no Amiibo cards and taped it back up.
Wow, I better go check the packages we got from Target (a pro controller and a new Razer mouse) for my son for Christmas. I haven't even opened them to check that all is well.

Wow, I better go check the packages we got from Target (a pro controller and a new Razer mouse) for my son for Christmas. I haven't even opened them to check that all is well.
If there’s clear plastic tape over the Target branded paper tape it’s definitely sus to me. I dunno why the Pro controller was like that too. Still makes me mad I got the empty box the Amiibo cards were supposed to be in. That box looked kicked in but maybe that was on purpose too. I’ll never know.

Any luck finding them my fellow Canadians? I've been periodically checking Amazon, Walmart, the source, and toys r us but with no luck 😭

Unfortunately no, Gamestop may have some left in some stores, but their info on the website are not always accurate.

no luck on my end either, unfortunately. i was hoping stores would get more in stock for black friday, but nope lol. 😅

The situation is pretty dire in Canada. Both BestBuy and GameStop have not add any shipment in since launch. It's been a month now...

Ugh that's such a bummer :((( I'm happy for all the Americans and Australians who are able to grab cards but sad for us, like I would just like a couple packs Nintendo 😭 please lol

Back