• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

There is a Target about 30 min from me that has Amiibo cards nearly everyday. I checked this morning and they had the pick up option, and they still do now, and because I can't help myself I ordered more.
I wish the target 30 minutes from me had the pickup option. I finally saw the option to ship on Friday and couldn’t help myself and ordered more. Now I’m impatiently waiting for them to arrive even thought I won’t be getting them until Christmas.

At this point I've given up on finding amiibo cards. I mean I was only able to get one pack with 6 cards (which wasn't the one I wanted) and as a result I forced myself to spend a lot of Nook Mile Tickets just to get the villagers I wanted which were Quinn and Ione. Its not something I wanted to do but it was getting to the point where I was starting to get fed up with amiibo cards being too expensive and being unavailable.

I just wished Nintendo handled this properly because all these scalpers are just making it harder to buy them and of course there are those third parties making mini card versions of them which is fine as long as you don't get the wrong set, but they still cost a lot more money. At the end of the day I got what I wanted, but it was a painful process.

Grabbed a pack from the Amazon restock this morning. My Best Buy order has been in transit since Friday with no further updates, so I’m not feeling too confident about it at this point. :/

UPS lost (or it was stolen) the package w my 2 pack preorder, so was issued a refund (BB cs checked other stores by me, but no dice, of course). Thankfully, my pack from Amazon arrived ok, and I was able to buy a pack off of Mercari a few days ago for a reasonable price.

Aside from trading, I think I’m pretty much done at this point.

I got more dupes than cards I’m keeping, i think these are filled with bad luck haha.

My target has limited stock and when I got there I was the only person and they didn’t have a limit to purchase and I *slightly* regret not purchasing an extra pack or two (I bought 4) because now I am literally only missing Marlo out of the villagers and want a Wardell card

My box of EU cards came and I was able to get the whole set. They seemed to be in order starting with Raymond and Orville as my special. I got the complete set of villagers and then it started over again with the villagers so I managed to get a complete set plus another complete set of just the villagers with a duplicate of Orville and three Raymond’s total. I’ve got another 4 packs of NA cards that I haven’t opened, I can’t decide what to do with them yet.

I should've pre-ordered the cards, there aren't any near me and almost none in my whole country. I hope they restock.

UPS delivered me an empty package today. :rolleyes: Someone got grabby hands from my Target order and made off with 4 packs.

UPS delivered me an empty package today. :rolleyes: Someone got grabby hands from my Target order and made off with 4 packs.

That's evil! One of the reasons I don't like to order in that season. Many packages get lost, stolen or damaged.

I’m so sorry! I’ve noticed two times now that Target workers have been going to a separate area to get the Amiibo cards when I do pickup and both times they’ve commented about how they love Animal Crossing. Is there a reason that they aren’t keeping them with the other items in the pickup area? I’m not saying they’re trying to keep them for themselves but I’ve been wondering why that is.

Omg I am so sorry! That’s awful! 😞 Why do people have to be that way? I am glad they are giving you a refund but that sucks that you don’t get your cards.

My local Target got some more in stock today! It might be worth checking out at your local stores. It was one box this time, whereas last time they had two boxes.

My local Target got some more in stock today! It might be worth checking out at your local stores. It was one box this time, whereas last time they had two boxes.
I believe there are 18 packs to a container box that these are shipped as in North America. Elsewhere in the world they are 25 packs to a case but different card distribution. Nintendo configured these in the NA market for maximum pack buying if you are trying to complete a full set of the series. Elsewhere you just buy a case and evidently even that is packaged in a way where a complete set is made off the single case purchase. So $120 elsewhere, $143+ In North America (if you are extremely lucky and every pack of the 24 has a unique SP card… highly unlikely).

Dang I’m sorry :( I follow an amiibo alert on Twitter and he posted they were in stock. I was able to get some so it didn’t seem location specific :(

Dang I’m sorry :( I follow an amiibo alert on Twitter and he posted they were in stock. I was able to get some so it didn’t seem location specific :(
Yea unfortunately it depends on location. Most of the time when someone here or on Twitter say it’s available it’s not for my location. I was shocked I was finally able to order four from them on Friday and they should be here sometime today.

Reactions: Xme
Yea unfortunately it depends on location. Most of the time when someone here or on Twitter say it’s available it’s not for my location. I was shocked I was finally able to order four from them on Friday and they should be here sometime today.
I’m so glad you were able to get some on Friday! This is the first pack I was able to get. I really hope everyone else who hasn’t had a chance will be able to find them too. Its stressful!

Back