PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

in a shocking twist of events, the remainder of my best buy packs and my amazon packs all arrived today!! here’s everyone i got;

View attachment 412287

i didn’t get everyone i wanted unfortunately, but i’m still very pleased with everyone that i did get (especially celeste, ione, sasha and marlo)!! i got duplicates of marlo, tiansheng, quinn, zoe, reneigh, chabwick, petri and frett, so looks like i’ll have to start trading soon. 😅💗
Nice haul! I have an extra Faith and would trade for Tiansheng if you decide to part with it, LMK

Spoke too soon got my packs from the source and it's almost all dupes omg, can't believe I even got NPC dupes wtf

And still no Sasha or ione or Marlo 😭 😭 😭 still have 2 more packs coming.. please!!

Screenshot_20211109-185601_Gallery.jpg

The top row were my new cards and the bottom shows the duplicates from my two packs. I couldn’t have had worse luck with the special cards. Two Mabel cards and I had already had Mabel. I’m off to the post office to trade dupes!

1BD15A7A-A2E5-4747-97CF-12580E3FD2AD.jpeg

Spoke too soon got my packs from the source and it's almost all dupes omg, can't believe I even got NPC dupes wtf

And still no Sasha or ione or Marlo 😭 😭 😭 still have 2 more packs coming.. please!!

View attachment 412326

It's what I fear. I have one pack left from Bestbuy and still missing 6 villagers (3 I really want), what if it's all dupes? That pack was also pricey with the shipping.

It's what I fear. I have one pack left from Bestbuy and still missing 6 villagers (3 I really want), what if it's all dupes? That pack was also pricey with the shipping.
Bestbuy was my best one so far, I got no dupes from 3 packs so fingers crossed for you too!! I can't believe 5 packs from the same retailer (the source) had so many dupes, I legit got no new cards I wanted, feel like I wasted my money ordering from them lol

My last 2 are from gamestop so rly hoping I get new ones 🤞🤞

well looks like ill have to order nfc tags online again as my target never stocks any form of amiibos lmao

Bestbuy was my best one so far, I got no dupes from 3 packs so fingers crossed for you too!! I can't believe 5 packs from the same retailer (the source) had so many dupes, I legit got no new cards I wanted, feel like I wasted my money ordering from them lol

My last 2 are from gamestop so rly hoping I get new ones 🤞🤞

I bought 4 packs in stores, 2 from Toys R US and 2 from Gamestop and got 2 dupes, not bad, I hope I will still have luck with the last one. If not I will be so sad....

View attachment 412326
Hey, I'm not entirely sure how trading works here, but if you don't happen to get Sasha within your next two packs, would you be willing to trade a Raymond for one of mine? (I managed to get my last two packs this evening and both of them had Sasha...already got him from my very first pack lol.)

Hey, I'm not entirely sure how trading works here, but if you don't happen to get Sasha within your next two packs, would you be willing to trade a Raymond for one of mine? (I managed to get my last two packs this evening and both of them had Sasha...already got him from my very first pack lol.)
I definitely would but I'm also in Canada so gotta look up shipping rates first because mailing anything here is really expensive hahaha 🥲

I definitely would but I'm also in Canada so gotta look up shipping rates first because mailing anything here is really expensive hahaha 🥲
Oh that's okay, I live in the U.S so I don't know how much that'll affect it. Just a suggestion if it would be possible!

Nice haul! I have an extra Faith and would trade for Tiansheng if you decide to part with it, LMK

thank you! i’ve got a few more packs coming from amazon, but if you still need tiansheng when they arrive and i don’t get faith, i’d be happy to trade with you! i’ll keep you posted. 🧡

Received and opened my three packs from Best Buy yesterday! Got Reneigh which I am crazy happy about, Audie (x2), Sherb, Dom, Cephalobot, Shino, and Raymond (x2) to name a few. Didn't get Sasha or Ione which sort of bummed me out, so I'm holding out that I'll be able to get a hold of them somehow.

Last edited:
Thankfully one of my friends DMed me about this already, but I still wanted to say thank you for announcing whenever you discover restocks for Canada! Without this thread I wouldn’t have been as nearly as successful with my purchases. OTL
You're very welcome @Cheremtasy !

I was grateful for the alerts I got from the twitter accts I followed when I was desperate for the Sanrio cards so I'm trying to share that to help fellow players.

A personal update:
I opened my 3rd pack and I'm ecstatic I got Ione, the one I really wanted!!! And really happy with the rest, though I ended up with 3 dupes including Shino, but I'll send them to an ac friend who couldn't get any cards and had generously offered to hunt Ione on the mystery islands & take whichever villager showing up in his campsite to kick her out for me lol. He really wanted Shino, so I'm happy he'll get her.

AND it turned out that I wasn't as mature as I thought. I caved and bought 2 more packs from amazon.ca.
In the words of Oscar Wilde,"Everything in moderation. Including moderation." LOL.

---------------------------------------------
A tip for those who just want the new villagers and not into collecting the cards, check out this AMAZINGLY KIND person over on gamefaqs (who goes by the name MrandMrsFluffy) who can help you with any villager without crazy Nookazon prices:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000495-animal-crossing-new-horizons-trading/79746052

She does this service for free to help out fellow AC players!!!

Out of the 5 packs me and my friend are splitting we’ve had 7 dupes. We have one last pack coming in a few days and I’m hoping to see Sasha show up. He’s the main one I was pulling for (besides the more rare shot at CJs card.)

At the very least I hope for more dupes and no triplicate cards.

I have an OB appointment later and I keep hoping somehow the Target nearby will stock cards by then. Lol Probably not.

My Best Buy order is STILL delayed in transit in a city 20 min away from me… it’s been that way going on 4 days. Does that mean it’s lost? 🧐 This is so frustrating! Especially because Best Buy charged a lot for shipping.

Back