• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Project Café — CONFIRMED BY NINTENDO!

Here's a slight update: There may have been a clerical error or something in translation. Think about this: a 6-inch touchscreen + rest of controller. Someone suggested, that on the "leaks", when they translated it, it might have said centimeters, not inches. 6 centimeters make much more sense than 6 inches.

Suda has announced that No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle will be the last No More Heroes game on the Wii. He was quoted by saying "I think this is the last [No More Heroes] that is going to be developed on Wii. To expand [No More Heroes] to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now." He has since clarified this statement, stating that he intends to continue No More Heroes on the next Nintendo system, likely with a protagonist who is not Travis Touchdown. "I've finished the story for Travis [Touchdown]. It's completely finished in No More Heroes 2." Anything developed will involve "a different character, or something like that within the series."
The only reason I'm interested in Cafe. Also, yes, even my Wii is collecting dust. I wish there was more notable 3rd party efforts on the Wii. For the love of all that is good in the world, no more missile launch codes please. Something like a Steam ID would be VERY much preferred on my end. Also, region-free please. PLEASE. I like my Japanese imports Q.Q

Also, Nintendo needs to not jump one generation, but one and a half generations. Yes, I'm anal-pained that I can't play Mass Effect, Uncharted, Demon Souls, Dragon Age and Marvel versus Capcom 3. But I'd rather spend $500 on a console that are on par with the others so I can also play what the others play, and talk about it to boot. I'm sick and tired of the spin-offs because the Wii can't handle Dead Space or Soul Calibur IV.

Last edited:
I only looking forward to this because of a new smash bros. That and zelda are the only reasons I'll buy it probably. Nintendo is starting to lose my interest =( Hopefully they'll become closer with 3rd party developers like they said, and get some other good games out. However I don't know how the whole "more powerfull than an xbox+ps3, but will be less powerful than nextGen xbox and ps" will work out for them. Since Sony and Microsoft have stated that they don't plan on making a new console any time soon though, this could be a plus for Nintendy.

Heh, this reminds me of the lead-up to the unveiling of the Revolution (Wii). Lots of and lots of features that always seem to be in perfect alignment with what gamers want. Not that I'm saying it won't live up to expectations, just pointing out that most of these rumors are probably unfounded. But who knows.

Also, I'm laughing at the idea of a screen being in the controller. I'm sure half of TBT wasn't even born at this time, but the Dreamcast had a little screen on its memory cards. True story. I doubt a real comparison between the two could be drawn, though.

Heh, this reminds me of the lead-up to the unveiling of the Revolution (Wii). Lots of and lots of features that always seem to be in perfect alignment with what gamers want. Not that I'm saying it won't live up to expectations, just pointing out that most of these rumors are probably unfounded. But who knows.

Also, I'm laughing at the idea of a screen being in the controller. I'm sure half of TBT wasn't even born at this time, but the Dreamcast had a little screen on its memory cards. True story. I doubt a real comparison between the two could be drawn, though.
holy **** how did i not remember that
i didn't own one, but i knew a guy who had a dreamcast. i was jelly as **** about that screen, even though it was monochrome and tiny and worthless and such. it was like a gameboy!
except it was never used, iirc.
Memorycard_VMU.png

I used it with a Chao walking mini-RPG type game for Sonic Adventure 2. The more I think about it the more I wish the Pokewalker was more like a VMU with that Chao game.
235340245_e566bc9b11.jpg
Except for the battery life though, that sucked, mostly because the CR2032 button battery (Yes, I memorized the type after replacing so many) was so expensive and hard to find.

Last edited:
I remember that. But the dreamcast never really took off. It was overshadowed by Playstation, though.

Back