Preferred airport colour?

Which airport colour do you like the most?

• Total voters
I have friends that have all of the different colors between them and I have to say I really actually prefer my own (blue). To me, blue feels the most islandy and doesn't stick out when compared to the color of the water. The yellow airport is cute but I think it would really clash with a lot of island themes. Green would be nice for a more natural island! I think the color I like the least is orange just because it stands out so much. All colors are nice in their own way, but it's blue for me!

I prefer blue, followed by yellow. Luckily, I was able to get an island with a blue airport.

While I have yellow, I definitely wanted blue. I remember back in March when I first started playing I said, anything but yellow! But of course I got yellow. Just got used to it now!

When I started my island, I didn't know airport colors were a thing. XD In retrospect, I lucked out and got a blue airport. After that, I like yellow then orange, with my least favorite being green (I just don't like green as a color in general, other than when it's found in nature).

I will not link the video; but YouTube’s RyanFTW had a video on the airport colors and how they determine the furniture pieces particularly for the exterior for enhancing one’s island. What you get, for example, with the streetlamp.

I have yellow. I do not like having the soda machine in pink. I picked yellow without knowledge of this when I began the game on March 20. I wanted yellow. I wanted my island fruit to be apple. I have them.

If I get a second Nintendo Switch, and a second game copy of “Animal Crossing: New Horizons,” I may use that second copy for temporary islands. I would use the other colors to generate the opportunity for me to acquire those other colors of, say, the streetlamp—or whatever else may appeal to me.

I think this is personal taste. At the same time, I don’t think there is a perfect choice. Well, unless you want to get and maintain separate Nintendo Switch game consoles, along with separate game copies, so that you can have everything covered. That would be a lot to spend on “New Horizons.”

I like the darker coloured ones so orange and blue are my favourites. I personally chose my map based on either of those and ended up going with orange when I found a cherries/orange combo (if it was orange/orange that would have been amazing). We did not have this information at the time of launch, but even now the nook items linked to the airport would not affect my decision on other colours since I could just get those through trading. Although I understand that people who need multiple street lamps might struggle with this. Thankfully I didn't need many so I was able to order a few black ones I needed from other people!

Yellow.
I have black drink and snack machines, the black monster, the blue + white lighthouse, the white + black public benches, etc. It seems like the default color to me. The only thing that isn't black/default are my bronze streetlamps.

Blue is my favorite overall but for thematic purposes I went for an orange airport for Evwirt so I’d say orange is an honorary tie for my favorite.

I have the green one. I'm happy with the items but I kind of wish I had yellow or blue to match the dodos better. I wish teal was still an option, it was shown once in the trailer and never became a color in the game </3

I strongly prefer the blue airport, speaking solely of the building and not the item as associates with it, though I like most of the item colors I got. I also like that it matches the souvenirs you get from the airline. I didn’t even know color variations were a thing for a long while so I am glad I got the color I prefer!

I reset my island again to go from orange to green but now I realize that the blue is actually my favorite. Too late to reset now tho. I wish we could pick a custom color.

When I was resetting for my island I did not even consider the airport color. I was resetting for fruit.
Kinda sucks now realizing your stater fruit does not even matter.
I ended up with a yellow airport and I would prefer literally any of the other colors. But I'd say the red is my favorite.
Does not bother me enough to reset again though.

I love the orange airport but I have the green one. Luckily I really like that one too. The only color I would really not want is the blue because that shade of blue is very depressing to me.

Blue, and I actually reset for it. I like red/orange somewhat too, but I wish it was actually red without the orange. The other two are way too bright for my taste.

I've actually grown quite fond of my blue airport... which is ironic, since it's my least favorite color overall 😅 But it's not a terrible shade, and it looks nice by the ocean.

I have orange and I dont hate it, but it doesn't really match with the colors of my island. If I had a choice out of the current options I think I'd like blue, but if I could have ANY color in the world I'd want pink. lol. I wish there was a pink airport option, I would have reset for a week straight for it. c:

I like my colour orange because my native fruit is the orange. If not orange then blue because the DoDo airline colour is mostly blue

Back