• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Post Your Town Map

ACNL%20Map_zpsk0kxkszs.png

I had this map since June 9th 2013 :) and I am still very much in love with it <3

ACNL%20Map_zpsk0kxkszs.png

I had this map since June 9th 2013 :) and I am still very much in love with it <3

That actually is a very sweet map. I like how it seems you have am extra corner (where your police station is) in your bottom layer... I dunno, I just like the spacing of this and the position of the river :D

IMG_0551.jpg

Well, I got 2 dreamies in 1 reset, expecting the reset to take 6 hours, took 10 mins.

The little cottage full of villagers is so cute I love it! The only con is the fact I have cherries ;(

What do you think of it?

That actually is a very sweet map. I like how it seems you have am extra corner (where your police station is) in your bottom layer... I dunno, I just like the spacing of this and the position of the river :D

Aw, thanks so much ; U ;)/ <3 I love the spacing of my buildings as well! I like having everything neat and organized ^^

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted mine, nothing really new except I finally placed all my permanent buildings:

Gg5PHc7.png

Horrible quality since that 3ds's wifi doesn't work anymore unless I want to be in a specific spot near my router.
DA should be up in like a week, very happy with how it's coming along.

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted mine, nothing really new except I finally placed all my permanent buildings:

Gg5PHc7.png

Horrible quality since that 3ds's wifi doesn't work anymore unless I want to be in a specific spot near my router.
DA should be up in like a week, very happy with how it's coming along.

Your map was what gave me the push to finally abandon my old town and start a new one with my second character and a map that I actually like! I got it in the end but it took me a day, I'll post a photo soon. I love your plot resetting, that's conviction! I've just started moving my villagers in so I'm going to have to have the same determination with mine! The permanent buildings are looking great, I love how much space youhave left for the other PWPs.

Last edited:
Your map was what gave me the push to finally abandon my old town and start a new one with my second character and a map that I actually like! I got it in the end but it took me a day, I'll post a photo soon. I love your plot resetting, that's conviction! I've just started moving my villagers in so I'm going to have to have the same determination with mine! The permanent buildings are looking great, I love how much space youhave left for the other PWPs.

Aww <3 thank you! It definitely took quite a bit of time (but help with temporary PWP's) for plot resetting. Basically, plan out the placements ahead of time and make sure it's actually possible. I took an entire day counting acres in my town and placing them in excel, then decided on where I'd put my dreamies houses/perm buildings just to make sure it'd even be possible.
& the rest of it is just determination. If you're set on that one 3x3 spot, don't give up! So many times I thought of doing so, and actually Marshal in the beginning made me re-think my house placements.. so you can definitely work around the few in the beginning. Assuming you are going for aligned houses or something similar. it's just the last few that are a huge struggle.

Also with the permanent buildings, it's just another thing you don't want to rush. Take as much time you need to plan what can go around it, for paths etc, and I'm sure you'll never regret the placement.

Good luck! & can't wait to see your map c:

Last edited:
Thank you Alexi, I've been wanting to plan out my acres but wasn't sure the best way, any advice? Even with my old town I screenprinted the map and doodled where I wanted to put everything, but I just left it a bit late and my house, cafe, river etc where in the way, and my dreamies were all plotted in acceptable, but not perfect places. This time I map reset until I had the river layout I wanted, peaches, and buildings/plaza in acceptable places and made a plan already. I think I can get a photo of my map up:
A569F5EC-0C13-42C8-ADDC-1FB552C1912A_zpsvtm0cgly.jpg
I'm planning a row of 4 houses next to mine (the other side of the entrance to beach) and a row of 4 houses below the plaza (if I can) then 2 next to each other on left side above the river. Not sure where I'll put my cafe yet. Originally I didn't want my plaza central, or retail down there, but I actually really like it, they create quite a cute little town center together. The top half is going to be forested with foresty PWPs and the bottom half with have a large area of peach/oak trees, a bamboo garden and a little orchard of each fruit. I'm going for natural dirt paths again so have been saving up my bushes for weeks. I moved from my old town so my character got to bring her house and belongings and I'm slowly moving my villagers over. Really happy, thanks for the inspiration!
Town name: Mitten
Mayor: Kitty
Fruit: Peaches
Villagers: Lolly (Only permanent resident at the moment, just moved her in.)

Last edited:
^ Oh dang!! That is an incredible map layout. Seriously, hf with it.

My advice with planning out the acres is this: (very time consuming/detail oriented so obv you don't have to follow it. making assumptions works, but can sometimes mess you up if somethings off by one tile)
Not sure if youve seen this thread but: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?310996-The-precision-of-villager-plot-resetting

Use excel. (here is mine for a reference click) 20 acres in every town(5x4 acres), & 16x16 tiles/spots within each acre. (also yea I have a ton of rocks, ridiculous but I deal with it).

Start from any part in your map, whichever is easiest for you. remember that there are diff sizes for plaza and train station so it can get confusing.
either dig holes, or just lay out patterns with basic colors and go 1 by 1.. really this part was so time consuming and stressful for me i dont really recommend doing it unless you -want- to haha. but then again it did help.

& I think the house placements you have in mind are perfect, it would look really good & give a ton of space everywhere else c: can't wait to see the DA when it's up! Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much Alexi! I fell in love with that big open space at the top right of the map and the river layout means south facing waterfall, plus the lower half is nicely split up for planting different fruit trees and the top will make a lovely cedar forest! Plot resetting going really well so far, 3 houses plotted together aloth the bottom cliff in a prefect line (excluding the one already there) and those villagers should all get on, next to tackle the other areas, I've marked out all the acceptable plots with patterns to make it quicker to check them. Thank you for the excel map, I have started my own on pages (mac) though it will probably take a while! Do you have any idea if six (whole) spaces between the plaza and the river (downwards) would be enough to plot a villager house? I know they only take up 5x5 but I also know they can't plot in the same acre as the plaza. I guess I'll find out soon either way! Thank you for your encouraging comments, I'm already really enjoying working on my new town. Do you have a DA I could visit when it's ready?

map.jpg

I didn't know that you could keep on resetting for different maps...
This is my map, the only thing that I don't like is the beach.

WVW69jJONU8M8DzBSE.jpg

So I just restarted my main town and after a few resets I got this map and I love it. I don't plan on keeping any of the starting villagers except for Midge.

how did you get uchi in stater 5? o.o

I'd say that this is hacked or edited.Getting five squirrels to start with is not impossible(I got four frogs once) but having one of them being an uchi is pretty much impossible.

I'd say that this is hacked or edited.Getting five squirrels to start with is not impossible(I got four frogs once) but having one of them being an uchi is pretty much impossible.

yeah i know right, i'ts not possible to get uchi and smug in your starters also octopus too.

Back