Post Your Town Map

image.jpg

This is the map of my new town. I have to admit that map resetting got really out of hand this time around. I hope I'll be able to stick with this one.

It's quite near perfection to me:
The river layout is one of the 6 ones I qualified
Centralized town tree
Peaches as the native fruit
Nice little ponds next to where I'll build the campsite and Caf?
A peninsula for my house
A private beach

What I don't like is that the beach is on the right side and that the grass has squares. I also would have preferred the wide part of the river to be at a corner.

Anyway, the pros weigh more than the cons as of now. I hope the cons don't start to bother me too much, I've gotten way too picky!

I plan to build diagonal bridges to each side of the wide clump in the river. That'll make placingpaths a bit trickier. I hope they'll look smart in the end. The caf? will be built to the upper right corner. I'll build a camping area around the pond at the lower left corner. Some of the villagers will be plot resetted below the camping area and the rest wherever I find suitable when the time comes.

Town Name: Sacae
Mayor Name: Macka
Fruit: Oranges
Favourite Villager: Rudy

bqzMOTy.png

This is mine. Reset for a few hours and this was easily the best layout I came across. I like it because:

- Re-tail is near the pier.
- There's only one pond.
- None of the rocks are in awkward places.
- Private beach access.

I plan for villager C (Goose), D (Elise), E (T-Bone) and F (Dotty) to move out and would like all of the houses to be close to A+B or G+H.
The two extra character houses are mainly there just to stop new people moving in right on my doorstep.
I'm going to eventually get rid of the current bridge.

So basically, this is the plan. Future house locations are purple:

DY5IAyC.png

After looking at the list of PWP's I have some ideas for where to put a lot of them as well.

37735a637a.png

Pros:
- HUGE area for PWPs and a forest maze I have planned.
- Town Hall is with Re-Tail
- One pond
- Villagers were already gathered in one general area, so little plot resetting needs to be done in all likelihood.

Cons:
- Probably not enough room to get all the villagers on the inside of the river
- PEARS

This is the best town I've ever made! Now to get my dreamies.

Last edited:
1Tco0iT.png

Mayor Flynn of Fwufflyn (Second Town).
Native Fruit: Orange
Grass Shape: Circle
Current Villagers: Kabuki, Fang, Mitzi, Muffy, Elmer, Sylvia, Peggy & Chops.​

Pros:
All 5 buildings + Plaza are accessible in one area.
Single pond.
Big beach area just above the dock.
Small "backyard" to the right of the mayor's house. Currently a Perfect Fruit orchard.
Re-Tail close to the center of the map. (Eh.)
Both beaches are accessible.

Cons:
Seemingly long river cutting through most of my town.
Unfortunate rock placements.
Orange trees.

Overall ideal layout of my town. Everything's in perfect placement and all paths are protected by PWPs.

HNI_0025.JPG

Maybe my town isn't the prettiest-looking from bird-eye view, nor are my pros necessarily good things to most people, but to me it's absolutely beautiful.

Pros:
3 ponds, all on the north side of town
The private beach is ridiculously huge and incredibly useful
Retail, Town Hall, and Plaza are in the same general area
River placement allows for me to make the southwestern portion a giant fruit/bamboo orchard and gives me a whole strip of potential PWP areas on the east coast
Rock placement is pretty decent and most are far away from ideal paths
Apple trees. Would settle for any other just as fine, but apples are nice. And lucrative should I sell my perfects.

Cons:
Pathing can get awkward at times due to villagers and excessive amount of flowers
If a villager decides to houseplot smack in the middle of my orchard, they will never see the light again :)

Last edited:
This is Tale :)

twwww.jpg

Pros (things I wanted before start the game at least):

- One unique beach, not divided by the river fall.
- A very straight river, leaving tons of space for PWP and paths.
- Ponds are placed in not a very harmful place (placed the campsite in that specific place so it seems so more natural).

Cons:

- Can't really find any right now!

I mean, for sure this map will have some cons for some of you, but I can't find any for me because I wasn't thinking in ALL I was gonna do before I started, so I just let it go and adapted to the river/ponds/rocks placement. Now the paths I placed fit perfectly all around the town, and the only very con, as many of you, is the villager's houses. Not right now, but in the future... since I only have 1 villager I wanna keep at the moment. Let's hope they don't mess up everything (that's indeed why you're seeing Lloyd, I don't wanna a single villager near that place :p ).

This is Arcadia. Dotty is where I'd like my Cafe (Pond next to Re-tail) so I'm not getting too attached to her, she may be off!

4f8179d2-eb45-44d9-8186-9f36b8618afa_zpsgktfohst.jpg

Fruit : Oranges

Last edited:
here's my pride & joy:

Seiren
Cherries
zlCfzSQ_uUcdVSObVZ

Why I love it:
• Residential area (when I started it 4/5 villagers were grouped together so I kept it like that)
• ONE POND (ponds get in the way of everything)
• event plaza in the middle of the map
• town hall is out of the way
• retail is out of the way & fairly close to the station
• town fruit that is NOT pears
• east beach!

I dreamt your town, because I was so impressed with the layout... but when I got there Seiren looked like this :

seiren.jpg

a bit confused here :confused:

+ you have like two police stations ???

Last edited:
HNI_0075.JPG
Native fruit: Apples
Villagers: Flip, Clay, Vladimir, Bluebear, Baabara, Kyle, Renee, Poppy, Robin, Bonbon
? Community buildings close to each other/in the same northern region (I plan on putting the police station up there soon)
? Residential housing is mostly together
? The middle of the river, combined with the two houses, make a : O face
? Town is split fairly evenly by the river
? Large area of beach, only a small piece of it is separated
? Native fruit isn't pears, thankfully
? House is next to a waterfall

Dislikes:
? It'd be nice if ALL the houses were in the south region, but I'll live

townmap.jpg

Town: Skyhold
Native Fruit: Apple
Original Residents: Puddles, Hamlet, Paula, Punchy, Baabara, Gladys, Keaton, Gaston and Blanche.
Current Residents: Puddles, Hamlet, Paula, Punchy,Baabara, Gladys, Keaton, Gaston, Harry and Erik.

I chose this map only because Re-Tail was close to City Hall; I wanted all of the public service buildings to be on the same side of the river. Now, I regret picking this map because I hate where Hamlet and Paula's house are located (they are located in the northeast part of the map; even without their houses there, there is little room there for anything to be placed there. I would've liked my native fruit to be the peach; it's one of my favorite fruits to eat. :)

zlCfzTZnjBosYbNMJb.jpg

I'm really happy with how my map is coming along! I just have one more dream villager to go, and hopefully I'll get him to move in a good spot!

Town Map June.JPG

simon's moving out today (finally),
and i'm still working on getting sally and ribbot out bc they aren't my faves and their houses are placed TERRIBLY
(starter villagers... what can ya do)

Diana is my next door neighbor and there is a path right in between our houses up to Retail uvu
it doesn't look like it on the map, but julian's house is directly next to the campsite...
so my glittering pony boy can greet all of the campers or something

my side villagers are all up in the top left corner; i delete witch p. as needed to reset lmao

apples are my fruit, and i have square grass ahh! i really don't understand why people don't like
square grass as much? when it snows it turns into hexagons and hexagons look like sequins <3

pretty big private beach. i've never been to it/decorated it yet because i'm picky and waiting to come across a
pink diving suit uwu

i also like my three ponds a lot

edit: also, since then, i've added in a riverside cafe and moved the bridge on the left side of
the map to make it horizontal

Last edited:
2yeB08v.jpg

My new (and final) town...Avalar.

Pros:

Apples
South facing waterfall
South facing ramp
Round edges on the cliff and the beach on the right side of the waterfall looks neat
I feel like there is a lot of space to work with
Rocks are mostly in ok places

Cons:

Two rocks in annoying places
Not too happy with Town Hall's location, but I think will landscaping it will be fine
The two ponds kind of limit what I can around Re-Tail
Not sure what I can do with the tiny spaces between the river and Plaza

Overall I love it so far. Only one or two of the current villagers will be staying.

Last edited:
Back