Post Your Town Map

Those questions will definitely help me with choosing my map; I could imagine that after hours of searching I'd like to have one of the first maps suggested, but skipped it because I thought I could just get that little bit better. :p
Do you think this is a good strategy: see if I like the map, if so, continue, then look at the native fruit (I don't care about the grass that much) and if it's the fruit I like continue and play the game? Should I also mention the villagers or would that take too mich time? I'd like to do it within about 2 days, so I don't know how critical I should be? I really don't want apples/oranges, so I hope the fruit will be different when I finally found a good map. The villagers don't matter that much, but it'd be nice if I had at least one villager I like at the start.

Haha, I totally understand that. & Yes, I think that your strategy is really good! You might get the right map, fruit and whatnot at the first try (who knows), but there is a big chance you might not. For me it seems that the more requirements you've got, the longer it will take to find a map that meets all. I spent an hour looking for mine, but I must say.. I was getting somewhat impatient and was willing to compromise with small things like not having the native fruit I wanted. So if you DO have the patience to keep looking for more than an hour, then you can be as strict as you want. And 2 days is a lot of time, I am sure you will get very close to your perfect map.

If you feel strongly about getting the right villager(s) at the start, then yes, it may be extra troublesome. In my opinion it is better not to prioritize starting villagers too much, because villagers can be switched out. They move out and new ones move back in. Your native fruit, however, will never change from oranges to peaches. Also, the first few days after creating your town, there will be a new villager (almost) every day. I say that there is a chance that if you (for example) want Flurry as starter and she is not there in the beginning, she might show up the next day! slim chance, but I hope you understand what I am trying to say o////o But like I said, this is my opinion. You are free to do what you want of course :)

Yes, I mean plot resetting. Is it also possible without time travelling?

For what I know time travelling is not a requirement to plot reset. Let's say you suspect a villager moving in within the next 3 days after inviting one in from your camping site.. You could either timetravel each of those 3 days of Animal Crossing time and perform the plot reset-trick 3 times within an hour of real life time or do the plot-reset trick once each day for 3 days in real life time. I don't see how time travelling is obligatory for the trick to work, therefore I say that it IS possible to do the trick without time travel. Timetravelling could only be convenient if you want to do it as fast as possible or afraid you might forget to do the trick later.

And how could I know a villager moves in if it's not from a camp site or something like that? I don't want to start the day with that each time, just to make sure.

You definitely helped, thanks! :)

I can not exactly tell you when a villager will move into your town, because it's mostly random. However, I can give you an idea of when to expect a villager to move in. When you just created your new town, a random new villager will move in almost every day until you have 9 villagers in total. The 10th villagers can only be picked up from your camping site or Streetpass/Wi-Fi. My boyfriend and I continously get eachother's villagers, because we WiFi a lot. A few days ago I voided Aurora and he voided Mint. We visited eachother ONCE after that.. and we both got the old villager from the other town :rolleyes: If you (accidentally) pick up a voided villager, he/she will appear the next day. When a villager moves out and you're down to 8 again, you will get a random new villager moving in within a week.

This probably sounds like a lot to remember. And possibly a lot of making new characters.. I don't blame you if it's too much work. It's the very same reason I rarely do it.

I am happy that my previous post was helpful, I surely hope this one will be as well :blush: If you have more questions or if you just want to chat, you may always PM/VM me ♥

Last edited:
Okay, then I'll just do that. Are there any other aspects that change from town to town? (I heard something about the colour of the gate/town hall?) I won't be too strict but I'd like a map with enough room, because in my old town I couldn't find enough place for public work projects, because of the shape of the river and the small yet big space between the town hall/event plaza and the river.. I really liked some things about it, but it just wasn't a good map. I don't want to make this fault again. :p
Thanks for the info about the villagers, I'll keep those things in mind but I think it's too much work, especially in the first days when I just came trough the rather boring process of looking for a good map. And I also have to think of a good character & town name... A lot of work to do, but I'll manage; when it's finally done I'll be happy with what I got. :)

Last edited:
__

Attachments

• zlCfzSeQRnc0j_JfvK.jpg
    zlCfzSeQRnc0j_JfvK.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,636
Last edited:
Wow, heirabbit, that's really something! What do you have in the big open space above the river?

I'll post mine once I have an opportunity to take a screenie of it. Will probably take a few days :x

My Twinleaf map. In Area9 I never plot reset but somehow things turned out well. In this one I might reset since everything is so nice now :3

image.jpg
Tipper is moving out when she wants to. I won't force her :3

What a cuuuute setup, Sholee! What a nice river. I would love a south-facing waterfall, but I don't like how in a lot of maps it splits up the beach into two parts, so I really like the combination of your waterfall + the long beach.

I, uh, finally paid my down payment (Curse you, villager reset trick, for keeping me up far past Nook's closing time) so I still can't post my map for a little while, but I'm really happy with it.

I recently restarted my town on September 1st 2014, a little less than a month ago, and this was my town's map when I first started my new town. I'll have to upload a new picture of what it looks like now though it's not much different.

Town Name - Astra
Fruit - Oranges
Island Fruit - Durian
Tropical Fruit - Banana
Ordinance - Night Owl

IMG_20140926_212012_013.jpg

Last edited:
Yay!!!! Just finished plotting my last one!!! Now to clean up my town. image.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

There is one extra space between villager 9 & 10 due to a rock, but I've come to grips with it :)

Back