Post Your Town Map

Lol! I thought I was the only person who trashed their entire first day to start over. I was going to ask if anyone wanted my stuff, but then I figured I was just wasting time and killed my town.

I was the same way as you both. I made a town the day it came out, played for that day, and then realized that night that the layout wasn't what I wanted longterm.

I didn't actually feel like I lost anything of value, though, because I had a nice time playing around with that town a bit while it lasted.

It's like ripping a Band-Aid off, Kasper. You just have to do it without worrying about it.
If you're unhappy with it now, you'll be unhappy about it until the next Animal Crossing comes out. ;)

Do you have anyone to hold on to the stuff you want to keep? I don't mind helping. I almost wish that I had someone to watch my stuff. But I figured it was nothing that I couldn't get back the next day.

Huh. Still kind of tempted though. I mostly like the layout well enough but RIGHT IN FRONT of the bridge is this dudes house. >_<

Plus no more Barold. But then no Margie or Goose...so many options. D:

Assault him with a net a few times and I'm sure he'll get the hint, lol.

I actually got better animals the second time around. No regrets from me!~

Last edited:
Here's mine! :)

I only had to restart once for this one, I don't know why I like it - but I do! Where the gyroid is is where I will have my 2nd (and final!) bridge! When I found my perfect layout, I look for certain things in the town itself too... such as a red roofed train station, apples, and square or triangle grass! I hate the circles...

Attachments

• 20130611_013105.jpg
    20130611_013105.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,512
Huh. Still kind of tempted though. I mostly like the layout well enough but RIGHT IN FRONT of the bridge is this dudes house. >_<

Plus no more Barold. But then no Margie or Goose...so many options. D:
No matter how your town is set up, people will move into inconvenient locations. I wouldn't take into account the unfortunate positioning a neighbor's house, that's something you're unable to tamper with by resetting. Plus, they move in and out regularly, so banking on somebody in particular staying to improve the enjoyment of your town isn't practical.

I was very, very conflicted about demolishing my last town. I liked the layout, there wasn't really anything detrimental wrong with it. I find that sometimes I don't "bond", though, and if I find the layout putting a damper on my enthusiasm I know it's got to go.

It sounds to me like you ultimately do want to keep your town, though, so perhaps you should let it be.

Wait people move out? I missed that part. D:

Yes. As with any Animal Crossing game, people will regularly move in and out and the houses will come and go in different spots around your map.

I believe you can keep someone in your town with a 99% of success if you check up on them every day to make sure they don't plan on going anywhere, but there's really no preventing a new neighbor from moving into a spot.

I've never actually played animal crossing before this game. D:

Lol sorry if I'm sounding really silly. XD

I've never actually played animal crossing before this game. D:

Lol sorry if I'm sounding really silly. XD
I see! It's no problem at all, everybody starts somewhere.

I'm sure we're clogging up this thread with our discussion at this point, though.
If you have any questions on this or anything else in the game, please feel free to ask me in PMs and I'd be happy to help you.

AC map.jpg
Here is Liatuus!

My only goal for this map was to have the beach on the left side and have one section of beach not connected. I built my home near the waterfall/beachfront (who didn't?). I am very satisfied with my town!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one so picky about my map, bahaha. The way I see it though, as long as you're satisfied with your setup then that's all that matters ! :D

I, on the other hand, will probably find some teeny new flaw and reset yet again. SIGH. The struggle's so real in New Leaf right now. ;_;

Mimosa.jpg

Town Name: Mimosa
Fruit: Oranges (of course)
Mayor: Ginger
Pros:
1. Town Hall is close to the Town Tree. It just feels like it's supposed to be that way, lol.
2. The river is a nice divider.
3. Re-Tail is close to the Train Station.
4. The Private beach is both tiny and hilarious.​
Cons:
1. There is one bridge, and a lot of river.​

photo.jpg

Town Name: Olympus
Fruit: Oranges (I WANTED APPLES!!)
Mayor: Lydia
Things I like: My town center is in the middle, Re-tail and the Town hall are by nice ponds, small private beach, right side beach, house is by waterfall, lots of room for projects on the top half.
Things I dislike: I wish I had placed my house closer to re-tail and the town hall, the beach is far away from re-tail, theres two places with little moving room due to a villager's house (i plan to kick them out and build a community project right away), the train station and town hall roof colors are UGLY!

LOL yeah i regret choosing this map but I'm not going to restart. I'm sure once I get more bridges and community projects in, I will like it a lot more.

Town Name: Olympus
Fruit: Oranges (I WANTED APPLES!!)
Mayor: Lydia
Things I like: My town center is in the middle, Re-tail and the Town hall are by nice ponds, small private beach, right side beach, house is by waterfall, lots of room for projects on the top half.
Things I dislike: I wish I had placed my house closer to re-tail and the town hall, the beach is far away from re-tail, theres two places with little moving room due to a villager's house (i plan to kick them out and build a community project right away), the train station and town hall roof colors are UGLY!

LOL yeah i regret choosing this map but I'm not going to restart. I'm sure once I get more bridges and community projects in, I will like it a lot more.

When you're able to get to your private beach, can you post a photo?

I would like to see how big it is :)

Well. I reset AGAIN and I am FINALLY totally satisfied with everything. I had to reset a bunch more times but I just couldn't handle the eyes I chose. New Map

I love love love my new town. The only thing I don't like are my villagers. I always have the worst luck with villagers in this game :p

Well. I reset AGAIN and I am FINALLY totally satisfied with everything. I had to reset a bunch more times but I just couldn't handle the eyes I chose. New Map [Image]

I love love love my new town. The only thing I don't like are my villagers. I always have the worst luck with villagers in this game :p

Love this! The secluded area for your house looks awesome :)

Well. I reset AGAIN and I am FINALLY totally satisfied with everything. I had to reset a bunch more times but I just couldn't handle the eyes I chose. New Map

I LOVE that little area to the right of your house! It's a great spot for a campsite/garden/orchard/etc. :)

View attachment 4470

Town Name: Mimosa
Fruit: Oranges (of course)
Mayor: Ginger
Pros:
1. Town Hall is close to the Town Tree. It just feels like it's supposed to be that way, lol.
2. The river is a nice divider.
3. Re-Tail is close to the Train Station.
4. The Private beach is both tiny and hilarious.​
Cons:
1. There is one bridge, and a lot of river.​
Very nice map!

I'm sort of regretting the placement of my house. :I

There's no way to change that, is there? >.>

Back