• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Need help with Scarlet/Home transfer

Mr.Fox

Fantastic
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
So, I just picked up Scarlet and haven’t opened it yet. I only bought it because I somehow missed that new Pokémon were added to the game ie. I can finally transfer some mons that have been trapped in Home.

I checked Smogon and Bulbapedia, but I’m still a little iffy on the transfer process. I don’t want my movesets altered. I understand if they’re moves that aren’t available in Gen 9, but from what I’ve read the transferred mons will automatically revert to the last 4 moves they would’ve learned at their current level?

Can someone expand on this for me? If I’m being forced to alter my level 100s just to transfer them I’m just gonna return the game.

I don’t want my movesets altered. I understand if they’re moves that aren’t available in Gen 9, but from what I’ve read the transferred mons will automatically revert to the last 4 moves they would’ve learned at their current level?
I've done this several times. If you forward a mon to a newer title, like SwSh to SV, the mon will lose whatever moves it had. HOME registers where your mon came from though so don't worry about it. Moves from TMs like Scald, a TM move that lost a pretty good amount learners, gets removed. This also includes moves from breeding, but in SV its very easy to get breeding moves back (as long as the mon is still capable). However, if you transfer the mon back into its original game, it will have the TM and breed moves it had before it transferred. So, a Toxapex that knew Scald in SwSh that is transferred via HOME to SV and then back again will still have Scald in Swsh. I don't know about event moves but I imagine it is the same deal. If you don't want to forward a mon, just leave it in HOME or keep it in the game it was from. It is honestly confusing. I feel if a mon knows a move it should keep that move indefinitely.

I've done this several times. If you forward a mon to a newer title, like SwSh to SV, the mon will lose whatever moves it had. HOME registers where your mon came from though so don't worry about it. Moves from TMs like Scald, a TM move that lost a pretty good amount learners, gets removed. This also includes moves from breeding, but in SV its very easy to get breeding moves back (as long as the mon is still capable). However, if you transfer the mon back into its original game, it will have the TM and breed moves it had before it transferred. So, a Toxapex that knew Scald in SwSh that is transferred via HOME to SV and then back again will still have Scald in Swsh. I don't know about event moves but I imagine it is the same deal. If you don't want to forward a mon, just leave it in HOME or keep it in the game it was from. It is honestly confusing. I feel if a mon knows a move it should keep that move indefinitely.
Thanks for the info!

So prime example, I had a couple mons bred and ready to go that I never got around to ev training. I bred Belly Drum into my Eiscue. Exactly how easy is it to get the move back? Are the IVs it was bred with still going to be present?

Also, how early in the game do you run into the move relearner?

Thanks for the info!

So prime example, I had a couple mons bred and ready to go that I never got around to ev training. I bred Belly Drum into my Eiscue. Exactly how easy is it to get the move back? Are the IVs it was bred with still going to be present?

Also, how early in the game do you run into the move relearner?
IVs never change. EVs do change and with certain berries (like Pomeg) you can decrease an EV or increase them with certain items (like HP Up).

When it comes to breed moves you need to have a mon that knows Belly Drum while you are out picnicking. Be sure to give the mon you want to learn Belly Drum, in this case Eiscue, the Mirror Herb. The Mirror Herb can be bought at one of the Delibird stores in the Water gym town. Be sure to have your Eiscue's moveset to have one space open so it can learn Belly Drum while it is out picnicking with a mon that knows Belly Drum, like Hariyama. You don't even need to wait. Just have them together while out picnicking.

Back