• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Point and Clicks

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
Have you ran into any point and click games that you found particular fun or stood out to you?

I usually don't care for point and click games, but there is one I am actually looking forward to launching. I played the demo of it today after seeing a twitter post about the game. It is inspired by Carmen Sandeigo which I loved growing up in the 90s (old cartoon). I guess there was a video game at one point too. I knew about the board game existing from grade school. Out of curiosity I tried out their demo and just really enjoyed it. The art is nice as well as the voice acting in my opinion. It takes places in Singapore in the 2030's. The game is called Chinatown Detective Agency.
So I am curious about other point and click games.
The only other point and click games I have played are those room escape games online from long ago, which I am not sure that exist anymore lol.
Their website, read about the game and their inspiration for creating it.

I played the demo of Chinatown Detective Agency during Steam's Autumn game festival last year and I thought it was exceptionally well crafted. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Full Throttle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road are both gems that I think you should check out. They are full of quirky, fun humor despite the former having a very intense plot. They aren't as research-focused as Chinatown Detective Agency (that is to say, it's completely self-contained), but they're exceptionally well polished games. The Monkey Island games also come up a lot when discussing good point and click games, but I haven't played them yet. You might enjoy Flight of the Amazon Queen, which is free on GOG.

If you're er... a fan of more raunchy humor, you might enjoy the older Leisure Suit Larry games. As that implies, those ones are a little bit mature, but they're well-made and considered beloved classics by many. (Stay clear of the ones from the Xbox era onward, though, as they are absolutely dreadful in every conceivable way)

If you want something a little bit more modern, TellTale's point-and-click games up until about 2011 were also quite good. Sam and Max seasons 1-3 are excellent (though distinctly different from Hit the Road), as is Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People and Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. The games they released in later years (Batman, Jurassic Park, etc.) are all good as well, but they don't necessarily adhere to the point-and-click formula to its fullest extent.

If you can't tell, I've mostly played retro point-and-click games, so I don't have a huge plethora of knowledge on what's been going on in the scene. So sorry if these are a bit antiquated for your tastes. Also, don't be ashamed to have a walkthrough on the standby when trying any of them. Particularly the older ones, which require a great deal of thinking outside the box. That's a nice way of saying the puzzle have absolutely insane solutions that no normal person operating under a normal headspace would think of.

I played the demo of Chinatown Detective Agency during Steam's Autumn game festival last year and I thought it was exceptionally well crafted. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Full Throttle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road are both gems that I think you should check out. They are full of quirky, fun humor despite the former having a very intense plot. They aren't as research-focused as Chinatown Detective Agency (that is to say, it's completely self-contained), but they're exceptionally well polished games. The Monkey Island games also come up a lot when discussing good point and click games, but I haven't played them yet. You might enjoy Flight of the Amazon Queen, which is free on GOG.

If you're er... a fan of more raunchy humor, you might enjoy the older Leisure Suit Larry games. As that implies, those ones are a little bit mature, but they're well-made and considered beloved classics by many. (Stay clear of the ones from the Xbox era onward, though, as they are absolutely dreadful in every conceivable way)

If you want something a little bit more modern, TellTale's point-and-click games up until about 2011 were also quite good. Sam and Max seasons 1-3 are excellent (though distinctly different from Hit the Road), as is Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People and Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. The games they released in later years (Batman, Jurassic Park, etc.) are all good as well, but they don't necessarily adhere to the point-and-click formula to its fullest extent.

If you can't tell, I've mostly played retro point-and-click games, so I don't have a huge plethora of knowledge on what's been going on in the scene. So sorry if these are a bit antiquated for your tastes. Also, don't be ashamed to have a walkthrough on the standby when trying any of them. Particularly the older ones, which require a great deal of thinking outside the box. That's a nice way of saying the puzzle have absolutely insane solutions that no normal person operating under a normal headspace would think of.
Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep some of them in mind. While looking around on steam for your suggestions, I did run into Ultreia which has a free demo/prologue. I thought it was a cute little point and click. I am not sure how I feel about it's story, but I thought the art looked creative. The game just launched June 1st with little reviews. But of the reviews that exist, they recommend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep some of them in mind. While looking around on steam for your suggestions, I did run into Ultreia which has a free demo/prologue. I thought it was a cute little point and click. I am not sure how I feel about it's story, but I thought the art looked creative. The game just launched June 1st with little reviews. But of the reviews that exist, they recommend.
Haven't heard of that one. Maybe I'll give the prologue the play sometime. Thank you for letting me know!

never played point-and-click games much but I do own a Spongebob game on PC called Employee of the Month which is a pretty fun game in that genre. I've owned it for years and I still go back to it once in a while. even though it's obviously a kids game (so it's a bit easy) it's still fun to play.

Röki is SO GOOD I really love this game. The story is amazing (its about two kids who are pulled into a fairytale), it can be sad at times but overall its incredibly heart warming and has a happy ending!! Its also cool because while its technically a point and click, you can actually move your character around freely and explore the world that way. Tangle Tower is also a reallyyy good one too with a cool murder mystery story. Both of these games also have challenging puzzles which I liked, and also have beautiful hand drawn artwork.

My sister and I also played Jenny Le Clue together (another murder mystery) and while its also super amazing it ends on a big cliff hanger, and right now I can't find a solid release date for part 2 of the story. So its really really good, but unfortunately many questions and plot points are left unanswered so play at your own risk lol

Harvester is a good one, ive never played it myself but ive watched someone play it and its kinda ****ed, not for anyone whos squeamish thats for sure. i'll get around to playing it one of these days

90s point and click games are so much fun. Especially if they are fmv games. I highly recommend Santitarium, Phantasmagoria 1 and 2.

For room escape type games if you are still interested I recommend the Rusty Lake games. Some of the escape games are free to play on their website and they also have 3 longer paid games. I would also recommend The Guest for another escape game type of game. *I just realized I don't even remember if The Guest was truly just point and click but I would recommend it regardless*

Bear With Me is mystery/ film noir themed point and click game that I rather enjoyed recently. I wouldn't say it requires much in terms of puzzle solving or sleuthing so it's a pretty easy game but the voice acting and humour of this one are just fantastic and it makes the game really enjoyable.

Lastly I really REALLY enjoy the Nancy Drew series of point and click mystery games. They are obviously quite a bit dated and the voice acting is not great at times but if you like mysteries and puzzles I would definitely give one a try. Unlike Bear With Me this one does require more work, the puzzles can be quite difficult sometimes, I find it often very helpful to play with a pen and paper to physically write out solutions. May not be for everyone but they are personally some of my favourite games.

I LOVE P&C games. I grew up playing Humongous Entertainment games like Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish!

My favorite P&Cs are the Rusty Lake series games. They're mysterious and the stories are all a bit intertwined, making it really interesting to play different games in the series.

I LOVE P&C games. I grew up playing Humongous Entertainment games like Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish!
I looooooved those games! Especially Freddi Fish. I had the Coral Cove one and the one with the missing conch shell. I would frequently rent the Haunted Schoolhouse from the library, too. I loved the storyline!
I had a few Pajama Sam games, but I didn’t play them as much. I believe I had one about the weather, and then I had one where he goes to another world to confront a monster (or something like that).
I really want to replay those games now!

I looooooved those games! Especially Freddi Fish. I had the Coral Cove one and the one with the missing conch shell. I would frequently rent the Haunted Schoolhouse from the library, too. I loved the storyline!
I had a few Pajama Sam games, but I didn’t play them as much. I believe I had one about the weather, and then I had one where he goes to another world to confront a monster (or something like that).
I really want to replay those games now!
The Steam store has all of the Humongous Entertainment games if you were looking for a modern alternative to the CD-ROM games! I'd hold back on buying PJ Sam 4 though, since that one doesn't launch properly and thus is unplayable.

The Steam store has all of the Humongous Entertainment games if you were looking for a modern alternative to the CD-ROM games! I'd hold back on buying PJ Sam 4 though, since that one doesn't launch properly and thus is unplayable.
Oh, I didn’t know that! I’ll take a look!

Have you ran into any point and click games that you found particular fun or stood out to you?

I usually don't care for point and click games, but there is one I am actually looking forward to launching. I played the demo of it today after seeing a twitter post about the game. It is inspired by Carmen Sandeigo which I loved growing up in the 90s (old cartoon). I guess there was a video game at one point too. I knew about the board game existing from grade school. Out of curiosity I tried out their demo and just really enjoyed it. The art is nice as well as the voice acting in my opinion. It takes places in Singapore in the 2030's. The game is called Chinatown Detective Agency.
So I am curious about other point and click games.
The only other point and click games I have played are those room escape games online from long ago, which I am not sure that exist anymore lol.
Their website, read about the game and their inspiration for creating it.
I know one of the guys behind this game.

seconding the telltale games recommendation! i really enjoyed their walking dead series, so much. the story is really good, i actually cried at some parts.

seconding the Nancy Drew series since someone brought those up! those games were my childhood so I’m hugely biased and I’ll admit that, but they’re a lot of fun (at least the older ones are) and have some good atmospheres & mysteries to them. since they can be kind of old they’re a little clunky in some aspects, but they’re nice & a lot of them are on Steam.

Personally, I loved the entire Deponia series. Some of the best point-and-clicking that I have played in a long time

If you enjoy crude humor, the three Hector games are also pretty fun.

Roki is my absolute favourite point and click type of game. It's very charming and the puzzles are satisfying to solve. Plus the story is nice too!

I also enjoyed the writing in The Inner World. The voice acting is really awesome in it and it's just super quirky. However, the controls (at least on Switch) is just not good for a point and click. It's very finicky to select items and stuff.. Probably ideal on the computer, but not on console with a controller. It could get frustrating at times, but I still enjoyed the puzzles :)

Back