• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Please Help Me Choose an Island Theme

What theme should I choose for my island?

• Philippines/Southeast Asia

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Universal Studios Japan

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Studio Ghibli

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

Argo

No, not the cornstarch
Bells
Here are the themes I am considering:

FILIPINO/SOUTHEAST ASIA THEME: there are a lot of Japanese or Korean themed islands, which makes sense given the amount of resources in the game that are East Asian-inspired. I’d like to create more representation for Southeast Asian cultures (particularly the Philippines), but I am not too sure about the design since there aren’t many Southeast Asian items in the game. A Jollibee will be incorporated, of course.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS JAPAN: I just thought this would be kinda cool. I’m not sure how I’d incorporate roller coasters, but making the different areas would probably be doable (Harry Potter, Attack on Titan, Demon Slayer, etc.). However, I am not sure if the rides/areas in Universal Studios Japan are permanent. If they are not, I am not sure whether or not to rotate them out every so often.

STUDIO GHIBLI: I heard there was going to be a studio ghibli theme park built in the near future, which gave me the idea for this theme. The films also hold a special place in my heart. However, I feel like it is a rather common theme.

I am also open to hearing any other ideas! And if it helps with the decision, I am not basing my villagers off the theme. I am just choosing villagers that I would like to have.

The universal studios sounds interesting. Even if the rides aren’t permanent, I’d still keep them all on your island. It gives you more options to work with. You can make different areas corresponding to the different times of year that the rides are in service.

AS A MALAYSIAN I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SOUTHEAST ASIAN THEME😆😆 SO I VOTED FOR THAT👍👍 MY SUPPORT FOR YOU IS AS BIG AS THE UPPERCASE LETTERS IM USING👏👏

I'm a Filipino, and it's nice of you to consider the idea.

There aren't much furniture you can use to really get that Filipino inspiration. But if you can put the broom and dustpan wall decor in every house, put shoes/slippers outside every doorstep, have clotheslines outdoors in several houses, have a bathbucket on kitchens/bathrooms, or garden chairs & garden tables (the monoblock one) in every household either inside or outside. Then you'd capture the common Filipino setting. And of course, add the Philippine fastfood pride, Jollibee somewhere on your island.

Theme parks are cool, but I think it's quite common.

Studio Ghibli. So many wonderful movies, lovable characters, amazing locations and fun storylines. You could make an amazing island with all these elements at your disposal with full creative freedom.

Back