• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pikmin Bloom

JellyLu

😈 Jambalaya 🧐
Bells
Switch
1336-6602-5810
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Just noticed an email from Nintendo telling me about their new mobile game "Pikmin Bloom." So far I think it's adorable and I can't wait to progress! It seems to me to be similar to "Pokémon Go" as it's also by Niantic and uses real life walking to grow Pikmin and explore...?

Does anyone else play? I'd love some tips and friends!

Here's my FC: 505384713869 :)

(I searched for similar threads and didn't find one. If there is, sorry mods feel free to delete)

I'm still getting the hang of it! It's a very cute game, and I like how relaxed the gameplay is. If I decide to stick with it, I'll add you and post my FC!

I'm not really fond of Niantic but I might try it! It looks really cute from what I've seen and there's lot of walking where I am so it'd go hand in hand.

I saw the commercial for it in passing and I remembered hearing about it a while ago so I downloaded it. It seems pretty basic so far but I'm still figuring it out. It seems pretty cool, though.

Question - is there any quicker way to plant the flowers? I've got a quest to plant 400, but I was only able to plant 16 in 20 minutes.

Question - is there any quicker way to plant the flowers? I've got a quest to plant 400, but I was only able to plant 16 in 20 minutes.
Personally, I haven't found a faster way. I'd also like to know! :) The most I've planted was 22 in 5 minutes but then it stopped. I stopped planting and restarted and it was still slow or stunted.

Personally, I haven't found a faster way. I'd also like to know! :) The most I've planted was 22 in 5 minutes but then it stopped. I stopped planting and restarted and it was still slow or stunted.
Oh, that's really good! Maybe I didn't plant as many because I was just walking back and forth in my house (heh).

Speaking of the quest (which I found out was 300, not 400 like I earlier specified) - it disappeared? I went to play today and I suddenly leveled up to lv10! It was a welcome surprise, given how hard it seems to be to plant flowers. I guess they're still making adjustments at the moment.

I remember reading an article about this. I think I will download it and try it out! This looks fun and I can see it blowing up like Pokémon go also.

I got it and it's pretty fun so far but I also can't walk very much and I'm not sure if you have to do some sort of long distance walking/driving in order to plant flowers. So we'll see lol. I had similar issues with Pokemon go and I was still able to play it for pretty long so it'll probably be fine

I’ve been playing it for a few days now and I’m loving it! It’s super cute ☺️ I do a fair bit of walking in my job and always carry my phone on me so it’s pretty well suited for me. I like watching the playbacks of the day and seeing where I’ve been. I’ve even been making short notes about my day, it’s basically like a diary for me.

It looks adorable so I'm going to download it. Maybe it will encourage me to go for more walks.

I started playing too! I like how it's a sort of diary. I'l getting a bunch of network errors but hopefully that'll get better.

edit: just checked the help article and it looks like it won't share where you've been on the map, phew! Here's my FC! 2546 01713606

I just found out that after you use the whistle, you can pick individual pikmin up and even look at them under a little microscope 🥺 It's the cutest thing ever...

When I first saw this game I was super excited. I love everything Pikmin. Then when I read that almost everything in the game is based on walking I have to admit I was heart broken. I'm disabled and use my mobility chair 99.99% of the time. I do walk a tiny bit in our apartment as "just in case" practice (like if my chair broke or I had to evacuate without my chair). Just those few steps a day cause me great pain and would never be enough to really play Pikmin Bloom. I love that this game encourages people to walk more & get out more. I just wish there was a special mode for those of us who aren't able to walk.

When I first saw this game I was super excited. I love everything Pikmin. Then when I read that almost everything in the game is based on walking I have to admit I was heart broken. I'm disabled and use my mobility chair 99.99% of the time. I do walk a tiny bit in our apartment as "just in case" practice (like if my chair broke or I had to evacuate without my chair). Just those few steps a day cause me great pain and would never be enough to really play Pikmin Bloom. I love that this game encourages people to walk more & get out more. I just wish there was a special mode for those of us who aren't able to walk.
I agree a special mode for those with disabilities would be an excellent addition not only for Pikmin Bloom but Pokemon Go! I'm sorry there isn't a mode implemented yet, but I really hope one will be in the future! I'm not 100% certain, but I believe you'd still be able to plant flowers as long as your mobility chair stays under 7mph. Maybe you could also go to places on the map where there are big flowers and you can attempt to plant around and bloom them to get lots of nectar to keep your pikmin happy? I hope there's a way around this somehow until a new feature is added because everyone deserves to enjoy a cute Pikmin game fully ;u;

Having lots of fun with the game. I’m currently at level 17. Having issues getting unique Pikmin because I live out in the country so I mainly only get forest pikmin.

I agree a special mode for those with disabilities would be an excellent addition not only for Pikmin Bloom but Pokemon Go! I'm sorry there isn't a mode implemented yet, but I really hope one will be in the future! I'm not 100% certain, but I believe you'd still be able to plant flowers as long as your mobility chair stays under 7mph. Maybe you could also go to places on the map where there are big flowers and you can attempt to plant around and bloom them to get lots of nectar to keep your pikmin happy? I hope there's a way around this somehow until a new feature is added because everyone deserves to enjoy a cute Pikmin game fully ;u;
Normally things that are based on walking actually use the walking motion to count the steps. Since my chair rolls my body doesn't really move. I'm not sure the rolling would register. I just wish I could play games like this.

Anyone else playing? I just figured out recently how to properly play and have been enjoying myself a lot! I like Pokemon Go too but it's been harder to keep up with recently esp. since I'm just a casual fan.

Back