• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Pikmin 4 Thread (And other Pikmin games)

ShinkaiTheSeaWing

Inter-Galactic Planet Protection
Bells
Switch
3578-8270-0127
Island
Eventide
White Lily
White Lily
White Pansy
White Lily
White Lily
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Space Whale Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2023 Patch
S.S. Dolphin
Coco
With the recent release of the Pikmin 4 Demo as well as it's full release July 21st, I decided to look through this forum, and didn't find any threads specifically relating to Pikmin 4 as a whole, (or any general Pikmin threads that have been recently replied to) so I've made one here! Feel free to discuss your experiences and thoughts on the demo, and when the full release drops, it's recommended to use spoiler tags. And if you'd like, you can discuss your experiences, screenshots, and thoughts on Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Pikmin 3, Hey Pikmin, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and Pikmin Bloom. If you feel as necessary, especially with the recent release of Pikmin 1 + 2 for the Switch, you can use the spoiler tag when discussing such details in the Pikmin Series.
Here's a link to details about the upcoming Pikmin 4 game,
and here's a link to the official Pikmin website.
Now let's pluck a new conversation!
what are your thoughts on the new Pikmin/ returning Pikmin?

edit: there was an egg here for camp tbt 2023..​

Last edited:
Red pikmin are normal, as always
Yellow pikmin seem the same as in 3, but if they are the fast diggers, then what abt white pikin?
Blue pikmin kinda need a buff... their only attribute is "they can go underwater."
Purple pikmin... oh, purple pikmin... I hope these aren't going to be like they were in 2. I really hope. If they don't have an onion then there's maybe some balancing, but they kept in the stun feature, so let's hope these aren't too OP.
White pikmin might not have an onion (neither confirmed not unconfirmed), as seen in one of the videos, but let's hope poison is going to be a frequent enough hazard so they actually get enough use.
Rock pikmin will probably be the same as in 3, but let's all think about how you can easily beat Pikmin 3's final boss with just them.
and maybe same for Winged pikmin. There seems to be a lot more up-high places, so I can bet they are going to get a good amount of use.
Personally, based on my experience with the demo, Ice pikmin seem really fun! Not as OP as we would have thought...
And last but not least, Glow Pikmin. People are talking about how OP they would be, but being locked to night expeditions, and being the only pikmin choice in them, they seem fine. Wish they would update the Pikmin 4 cover art to feature them hiding somewhere in the dark, tho...

pikmin 4 looks fun but i probably won’t be buying it until reviews come out unless the pre-order bonuses are really good. (i really like the UK bonus which is the pikmin phone stand but unfortunately in the US the bonuses aren’t as good IMO)

also love that nintendo ported pikmin 1 & 2 but i haven’t gotten those yet. i hope they do something like that if another animal crossing comes out, it would be cool if they did a population growing + wild world pack and a city folk + new leaf pack

(ww and cf are too similar to be paired together and all the games are chronologically in order minus new horizons.)

Last edited:
I bought Pikmin 4 yesterday and I think it’s really fun so far! It’s actually my favorite Pikmin game yet, and I think it’s a good way for newcomers to get into the series. The graphics also look really nice

Haven't bought it yet, but I've already watched a 12 part series on a full gameplay walkthrough. One thing the video left out was
that you can get the purple and white onions in a cave after you finish a certain milestone in the game, which I thought was really cool since it's the first time they've had onions.

i haven't had a chance to play myself yet, but i watched a friend play! it's super cute, and i loved the QOL improvements they've made.

oatchi is adorable and so good -- i was admittedly a little apprehensive about the dogs prior to the game (not that i dislike them! i just wasn't sure if they'd be a good mechanic? or if they'd feel extraneous/a cute little bonus) but they're so... so good.

not spoiling anything, but i think the start of the game was a really good introduction/tutorial mode! a good introduction for those new to the series and to the game overall. i was very, very impressed with it

Keeping an eye on this thread. It's been a long time since I played Pikmin, and I'm tempted by this game. Oatchi (that's the dog character, right?) looks fun.

I started playing it last night; it is so great to finally play a new Pikmin game after 10 years! Though, it's a weird thought realizing at this rate, I'll probably be in my mid thirties by the time the next one comes out.

I've played Pikmin 4, it's my very first Pikmin game. I saw the trailers and the gameplay so I found and decided to buy the game out of curiosity as always. Needless to say, I'm completely new to that game series.

It's fun so far, I'm enjoying the mechanics especially the puzzle-like mechanics that requires multiple characters to cooperate.

I'm still on the ropes trying to learn about the game.

Plus the Pikmin are actually cute. 😊

I’m surprised this thread doesn’t have more replies! I’ve been addicted to Pikmin since it came out - I’ve beat the main story and have 100%ed all of the areas but one. I highly recommend this game!!

Yeah, I thought it would have way more, with the recent release more people would have been talking about it I thought.

Is this a spoiler? I don't think it is really, it's not at all story-related and can be done before the game is beaten, but I'll blur it anyway just to be safe.
I feel like, even if hard to obtain, the ability to generate infinite Purple and White (but really just Purple) Pikmin is quite overpowered. You can get the onions for them in a certain cave in the hub area called "Trial of the Sage Leaf" after you complete the ''Olimar's Shipwreck Tale'' side story. You're not likely to have obtained the onions any time before the last couple of bosses if you know how to beforehand, but people playing blindly might not even get them until after the main story is completed. Purple Pikmin are, no shocker, just as - if not even more - broken than in Pikmin 2.

I picked up Pikmin 4 on release day, beat it on July 23rd, and finally 100%ed it today! I would've done it sooner, but this little thing called Camp Bell Tree captured my attention for several weeks, lol. Anyways, it's a great game, though I don't really know how I feel about it relative to the rest of the series, since there's definitely some gameplay mechanic changes that are a bit odd to me (like enemies no longer respawning). But I'll figure that out in due time when I replay the entire main series sometime soon, possibly when Pikmin 1 + 2 is physically released. Regardless, hopefully its success means Pikmin 5 comes out sooner than 10 years, lmao.

Anyways, here are my results screens for the 3 major points in the game (Rescue Olimar, last main mission, 100%) plus the side story:
wlDsmt8.jpg

QvqaIaB.jpg
mLVxprg.jpg

Zk7Ow8i.jpg
5LcUxoF.jpg

VaXEeOi.jpg
doYJzg2.jpg

IChbwcJ.jpg

Darn, for some gosh darn reason my device doesn't let me see other people's images sometimes, instead just shows "[string of numbers/letters].jpg." I would love to see it, though!

Back