• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

i bought the game and i stopped half way through case 1 im so ashamed lmao but im so lazy :-(

i JUST beat the game

HOW DID I NOT REALIZE BOBBY WAS SUSPICIOUS
i mean the fact that he didn't fear blackquill and his fake happiness
/i literally had my mouth open when the game got to this revelation

and wow i love athena sooo much.
and breaking her black psyche locks was a great moment in the case

im still upset over clay tho
like wow we finally find out apollo has a friend but nope HE DIES.

Congrats!

IKR! I wasn't surprised much because I accidentally saw a spoiler, but when Edgeworth came back with dat WHAM LINE "The man you see there before you... Bobby Fulbright............ is already long dead."... that line gave me goosebumps. I was still freaked out by the reveal. Dx

Also yeah, Clay's death is so sad DD: Kinda wished we get to know him more, but... it would be more of a downer if we do. ._.' I was kinda bummed when Mia died at part 1.

I've just finished playing through the DLC case...
... and I can see why it was getting a lot of praise. I was (unfortunately) spoiled on who the 'culprit' was and their transformation, but I enjoyed playing through it regardless. It had so many funny moments; I absolutely lost it at Orla's cross-examination and "The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright".

i was gonna get the dlc case but im 66 cents short
so this means i have to spend another $10 for a prepaid card

i was gonna get the dlc case but im 66 cents short
so this means i have to spend another $10 for a prepaid card

Same for me! I was short on few cents... That's lame. So I bought the costumes DLC. The case DLC will wait. ;w;
I hope there isn't a time limit to get it =o

The DLC case made me really sad--though, it was really well made and well worth the money. I was happy with one of the end surprises though.

Although, I was disappointed that we
didn't get to see the new show

Just kind of sad of how things happened. I do wish that
we learned what specifically caused her heart attack--originally, I thought (upon learning her heart condition) it was the Orca carrying her in her mouth (which was part of the play) and she got a bit too nervous/maybe didn't trust Ora as much as Orla was trusted by Sasha, but since it wasn't, I'm curious what specifically may have triggered it.

I wish he was able to save the Captain though. Or something :/

As for the price, I believe it's permanently available, but I recall hearing the price will go up after some time like the DLC did.

Last edited:
(Kinda jumped to the last page here to avoid spoilers so apologies if this has been posted already)

But the ios version is on sale right now for about $5.

Now I just need to stop focusing on pokemon and I may be able to play it!

(Kinda jumped to the last page here to avoid spoilers so apologies if this has been posted already)

But the ios version is on sale right now for about $5.

Now I just need to stop focusing on pokemon and I may be able to play it!

please thunder play it i need to discuss it with u

The DLC case made me really sad--though, it was really well made and well worth the money. I was happy with one of the end surprises though.

Although, I was disappointed that we
didn't get to see the new show
On the whole,
yeah, the case was fairly tragic. I liked how Rimes ended up being such a sympathetic 'villain', and it was nice that he was back in the aquarium in the end, but it really would have been great to have seen him in action in the new show.

How much is it in the eShop again? I still haven't bought it. I'm ashamed to call myself an Ace Attorney fan.

I thought the DLC was free??
There's two DLC available at the moment: a costume pack, and a new case (Turnabout Reclaimed).
The first was free during the first two weeks of the game's release, but now costs 99 cents. The second was released fairly recently, and costs $5.99.

I'm an Ace Attorney fan but I don't have Dual Destinies. I've watched the walkthrough so I don't need it, though.

I'm gonna give this thread a little bump.

Finished Trials and Tribulations the other day, and Bridge to the Turnabout was potentially my favorite case of the trilogy

Really love how it manages to connect all three games.

Plus you get to use Edgeworth, opposite Womanfred

AND GODOT

Then the more you progress the game, the more unsettling Dahlia's theme begins to be. (Speaking of, Dahlia going all exorcist caught me off guard at the end, holy nuts)

Then that little bit with Phoenix and Iris gave me the warm fuzzies

There's probably more I could go on about, but that turnabout hit me with too much and I'm starting to sound like a little kid naming all that's happened.

Starting Dual Destinies, kind of missing all the familiar faces, though.

Starting Dual Destinies, kind of missing all the familiar faces, though.

Thissss.

I got Dual Destinies a few months ago, but only got as far as the second case's initial investigation. For some reason, it's just not as gripping as the previous games to me. Usually I can't put them down after I start, but I'm almost forcing myself to investigate in this one. Maybe it was because I was really looking forward to more familiar faces, and all these replacements are kind of disappointing. This new detective's dialogue is stilted and weird in a not-funny way, he's got nothing on Gumshoe.

And I know it's become a tradition to have a new spunky, young female sidekick in all the games, but Athena's just not growing on me. When Maya left, I got used to Trucy, and then Kay pretty quickly and grew to like them a lot, but it's not happening with Athena.

But even characters aside, this Youkai case isn't that interesting to me yet, and neither was the first case, really; hope it picks up.

Not to sound super negative and all though. D: Maybe my expectations were just too high because I'd been waiting for this game for a long time. I am loving the animated cutscenes though, those are pretty cool.

i agree that the second case isn't very exciting and i miss some of the old characters
but trust me it gets better
((and srs case 4-5 broke my heart so much))

speaking of ace attorney, they're making another one :^))

Beat Dual Destinies last night

Goddamn, I didn't see that coming. Though personally I would've preferred it if it was actually Fulbright instead of a nameless phantom.

But that last episode didn't disappoint.

Regarding the game in general, the anime cutscenes were pretty disappointing.

Beat Dual Destinies last night

Goddamn, I didn't see that coming. Though personally I would've preferred it if it was actually Fulbright instead of a nameless phantom.

But that last episode didn't disappoint.

Regarding the game in general, the anime cutscenes were pretty disappointing.

dont you agree that clay was the cutest character ever and that he shouldn't have died
seriously i thought finding out apollo had a friend would lead to some character development
but nope. he had to die :((

thats prob my only complaint about the game tho... clay dying

Back