• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Phobias

This sounds weird, and it isn't really a phobia, but I have a fear of nail files...

Last edited:
ok this is pretty weird but
i get really uncomfortable when i'm around seafood or cooked fish
my sister traumatized me when i was little so yeah.
also because of her, i'm scared of human figures with jackolanterns as heads

i'm turning 20 this year and i'm still afraid of the dark lol
i need to have light somewhere in the room.

i also hate snakes, ever since i had a few encounters with wild ones when i was younger.
the snakes looked so big while i was sooo small. D:

I can't stand throwing up, seeing or hearing about it. I don't get hysteric about it, I just really REALLY hate it and can't stand it.
I have one phobia which is lepidopterophobia (insects like butterflies, moths etc). I get a LOT of laughs for it but it's serious, even if I see a picture of a butterfly I get all hysteric. It doesn't matter how big or small the insect is, I just can't stand looking at one and they makes me sick. I don't want to see the wings, don't want to see the fuzzy bodies... Hhrrrrrr.

I also can't stand looking at drawn butterflies and I absolutely hate the summer season in Animal Crossing because of the butterflies. I needed to psyche myself every time I played New Leaf in last summer.

I don't think this is a phobia but I get headaches when I see or think about shiny bead necklaces xD

I don't really have any phobias, but my boyfriend is really afraid of bugs, to the point where he kind avoids gardens and other outdoorsy things. He also has trypophobia, so things like beehives and lotus seed heads creep him the math out.

I'm trypophobic and can attest to this. @-@ Like with any phobia it varies in intensity for everyone, but basically any kind of pattern or thing resembling holes freaks me out. Actual holes, pits, or crevices are the worst, i won't step over something unless it is solid ground. If i want to eat any food with a hole-like texture (strawberries, cheese, melon, bread, etc,..) obviously i can't look at it too much. o.o Polka-dots can be bad too, or any animals with repeating spots. (leopards, some lizards and octopuses)

And to think I've had this phobia for my entire life and just put a name to it a few months ago. e,e

I have Ostraconophobia, crabs scare the hell out of me, I even cringe when I catch them in New Leaf.

Last edited:
I'm trypophobic and can attest to this. @-@ Like with any phobia it varies in intensity for everyone, but basically any kind of pattern or thing resembling holes freaks me out. Actual holes, pits, or crevices are the worst, i won't step over something unless it is solid ground. If i want to eat any food with a hole-like texture (strawberries, cheese, melon, bread, etc,..) obviously i can't look at it too much. o.o Polka-dots can be bad too, or any animals with repeating spots. (leopards, some lizards and octopuses)

And to think I've had this phobia for my entire life and just put a name to it a few months ago. e,e

I get itchy when I see repeated holes. I don't mind just one or two holes side by side but if there's like ten or more, I just start getting really itchy and I have no idea why... o_o

Last edited:
Spheksophobia, I'm extremely terrified of wasps. :( Few years ago I was waiting a bus when I suddenly noticed about 5 of them flying around my head, and I fainted on the spot. Which was rather embarrassing. :D

Well, since I said I have a lot of fears, I might as well tell about them.

Well, I have a....

Fear of the dark
Fear of bugs
Fear of domestic animals
Fear of cross-walks with no trafic lights
Fear of not knowing how to swim
Fear of cars
Fear of being in certain places without by myself
Fear of staring or making eye contact with people
Fear when hearing police and fire truck sairans
Fear of fire
Fear of horror themed stuff
etc.

I will explain later, I just posted this because I had a small break from school but now it's over so I bye. You can take this topic from here and even reply to these questions...

Am I a bit paranoid? Do I have ridiculous or too many fears?

I don't think you're paranoid. Everyone has fears, even the ones that mock and tease others for having 'childish' fears like, for example, being afraid of the dark and/or being afraid of not being able to swim.

I, for one, am absolutely TERRIFIED of being in a pitch black area, not being able to swim and spiders. No, insects. Any kind of insect or bug makes me panic. :(

...Also, the reason I added in the 'not being able to swim' part is because I can't swim. I've actually almost drowned in a pool before... Go ahead, laugh it up. :p

I hate spiders. If there's one on the stairs I won't go up/down them. I'm also a fussy eater. Idk if that's a phobia but I just worry about trying something and not liking the taste in my mouth so i only eat things that I know taste nice.

I'm scared of the dark so I sleep with lights. Not bright bright ones. I have these little lights wrapped around my bedframe.

I also don't like small spaces and go mental if someone locks me in a dark, small space. I don't even like toilet cubicles :rolleyes:

I don't mind the dark. Spiders aren't necessarily scary to me, just fast moving insects. I really hate wasps and bees though ;~;

People scare me, to be honest. Social situations just make me feel uncomfortable. I can't talk to people like bus drivers, and I struggle to buy things in shops on my own without having a panic attack.

But apparently performing/acting onstage to lots of people is fine for me, go figure :")

People scare me, to be honest. Social situations just make me feel uncomfortable. I can't talk to people like bus drivers, and I struggle to buy things in shops on my own without having a panic attack.

But apparently performing/acting onstage to lots of people is fine for me, go figure :")

I have social anxiety but I also like performing and acting. I get very tired when I have to be around a lot of people (which means just going out to shop is very tiring job for me). I'm getting better with the anxiety after years of work but I'm still afraid of some social situations. I'm also afraid of embarrassing myself but I've worked this like, if I embarrass myself somehow in front of people I don't know, I just say to myself that I prolly won't ever see those people again and they couldn't ever remind me this embarrassing thing that just happened to me. It's different with people I know, because I'm afraid they'll remind me of the embarrassing thing I did at random times, which makes me very anxious. x_x;

Death is something that terrifies me beyond end. I know it's something thats inevitable, but I don't want to die. It could happen tomorrow and there would be nothing that I could do about it.

Being forgotten is something that terrifies me too

I am phobia of height! I feel insecure when stand on high rise place and look down, then feel all safeness are gone and I will fall anytime if I stay longer.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have social anxiety but I also like performing and acting. I get very tired when I have to be around a lot of people (which means just going out to shop is very tiring job for me). I'm getting better with the anxiety after years of work but I'm still afraid of some social situations. I'm also afraid of embarrassing myself but I've worked this like, if I embarrass myself somehow in front of people I don't know, I just say to myself that I prolly won't ever see those people again and they couldn't ever remind me this embarrassing thing that just happened to me. It's different with people I know, because I'm afraid they'll remind me of the embarrassing thing I did at random times, which makes me very anxious. x_x;

Which applies to me too!

claustrophobia.... I go crazy in confined spaces. I don't even like wearing socks because my feet feel confined o-o

Emetophobia, I have it so bad that just hearing someone burp sets me off...
Traumatophobia, I will try to avoid situations where I will get injured, e.g. when cooking I normally get someone else to cut stuff up with a knife... :(

Back