• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Petition to go back to old Balloon designs

I wouldn’t say it’s rude to create a petition as it’s good way to try and debate something and show interest? If that makes sense. I mean put yourself in the opinion that you paid for a collectible because you really liked it, and they change the design without warning or telling anybody to someone you don’t like- you’d be upset too and want to ask for it to go back.

christ, this thread sure went places, huh?

anyways
I just wanted for only those who wanted to sign to post because otherwise the arguments would bury the signings amongst all the clutter. Then again, only one person signed.

you can edit signatures into the op, you know

I mean, I still doubt it'd go anywhere, but that's an option

Last edited:
If you only want people to gas your opinion and back you , demanding only replies that match your own ideals in a public area seems like a dumb idea?

Stop saying people aren?t letting you have your opinion when you?re saying anyone that disagrees with you and likes the balloons is inciting an argument. They?re not, they?re voicing they?re opinion like you are.

If you don?t want people disagreeing with you or ?arguing? don?t make opinion based threads. And especially don?t get offended when you don?t get the response you want. You?re free to express your opinion but so are other people, so doesn?t seem right guilt tripping people when they?re only doing what you are. No one has said your opinion is wrong, they disagreed-respectfully.

This is very well put, I think each person should read this

Well then hear me out.

Why don’t they just take a break if their lives are so important?

I could make the same argument. I’m depressed and have been having a horrible day.

They could have at least warned us the balloons were changing.

I tried to be nice about this, but obviously that didn’t work and all of you hate me again.

Why bother trying to be a good person if nothing matters and you get spat on for it?

i advise that you don’t think that people “hate you” just because they respectfully disagree with your opinion. please dont think that you are a victim, and this is simply a discussion, with no intentions to become hateful. :}

Last edited:
Hm, I don't like the whole "mods work hard so don't complain" comments. Even if that's true, again, that doesn't mean that their opinion is invalid. That's like saying that you cannot rate a business bad because they "worked hard" to provide service. However, it's the mod's event and collectibles so they can do whatever they want with them. It's not like you're paying them for the service. The only thing you can do now is respectfully ask and leave it at that.

Ps, I think both models were pretty silly. Though the first ones did look a lot more professional so I can see your point. I don't care too much about it so I just ignore it really.

Last edited:
Was talking bout you but I get it

I never liked either of the balloon designs really, so I never collected them.
But if I liked one design, then they changed it so something else. I wouldn?t lie I?d be a bit upset too.
Oh god damn it I just realise I said was instead of wasn?t ffs

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I want to sign if it helps op. Have a great day everyone!

Hm, I don't like the whole "mods work hard so don't complain" comments. Even if that's true, again, that doesn't mean that their opinion is invalid. That's like saying that you cannot rate a business bad because they "worked hard" to provide service. However, it's the mod's event and collectibles so they can do whatever they want with them. It's not like you're paying them for the service. The only thing you can do now is respectfully ask and leave it at that.

Ps, I think both models were pretty silly. Though the first ones did look a lot more professional so I can see your point. I don't care too much about it so I just ignore it really.

Yeah, I mean while I don't care about this since I was never a super fan regardless, I definitely preferred the old ones. So yeah I will probably get whatever and sell lol. I think the new ones look too glossy and not like a balloon but yeah it's not that I'm gonna care too much.

And yeah I don't like this "almighty business never complain on it" culture either, people will always have opinions so if you're gonna go try and silence everybody that is not good either, just consider what is worth in a good manner.

I like both for different reasons. I like the art style of the originals but I like the pose of the new ones. :p

i honestly dont like them very much compared to the old design honestly kinda ruined balloons for me.
-Signed-

The new ones look less like balloons and the tilt is driving my OCD nuts. (The balloon in the banner looks 10x better)

Sign me up!

Last edited:
For me I think the extreme shininess of the balloons throws me off. I don't mind the tilt too much, but the old balloons were reserved in their color and it looked very nice. The new ones are very shiny and it looks a bit strange, not to mention less color saturation makes it a bit unappealing.

For me I think the extreme shininess of the balloons throws me off. I don't mind the tilt too much, but the old balloons were reserved in their color and it looked very nice. The new ones are very shiny and it looks a bit strange, not to mention less color saturation makes it a bit unappealing.

Yeah I agree with you and Zura, they look more like bouncy balls on a string or stuff, I dunno what to phrase it as without sounding a bit rude, but yeah I prefer the old mute art as well.

I think the balloon redesign has way too many shades of colors in it

less color saturation makes it a bit unappealing.

this is my only real criticism for the new balloons actually- the colours aren?t as vibrant as they could be. That one on the banner, that?s a tasty balloon right there

Still strongly prefer the new designs to the old ones tho

Back