• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Petition to go back to old Balloon designs

Mars Adept

Defense is the best offense!
Bells
Switch
8301-8235-7817
Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Plum Blossom
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Fortune Cookie
Blue Holiday Candle
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Red Holiday Candle
Quirky Doll
Hello. I am here to start a petition.

I am upset about the new balloons. They came without warning and I miss the old balloons. I?ve heard some other people also miss the previous balloons and that?s why I?m creating this thread.

Sign if you wish the old balloons to return or if you want the new and old balloons to be separate collectibles.

If you prefer the redesigns, that?s okay. Only sign if you prefer the older versions and miss them enough to want them back.

Thank you for looking. I hope there?s enough signatures to make a difference!

no support here, collectibles have gotten reworks in the past (such as the candies, pav?, lobo, and mint) and haven't gone back, if they do anything about the balloon redesign they'd potentially have to do something about every other collectible that's been updated, including future updates.

websites go through aesthetic changes all the time, another example is how flight rising constantly updates old apparel art. it's in their ("their" being any website with collectible art pieces) best interest to keep up with the current times' aesthetic, regardless if some users like the nostalgic appearance of more oldschool art styles.

if you don't like your balloons anymore, sell them for tbt and use said tbt to buy some other collectible(s) you like! that being said you never know, they might grow on you. it's only been a day.

I still say I'd like to see an option where you can configure to your preferred look (so like here, old vs new candy bgs, old vs new trophies, etc)

but gonna say "nay" to reverting back

I'll agree with the other posters above me, I say we should keep these balloons. While the old balloons look fine I definitely prefer this version better, it kind of makes the balloons more aesthetically pleasing in my eyes because they look like they're graphics improved which makes me like them better.

i think they look great, i never had any interest in the balloon collectible before now but suddenly i want them all, also definitely agree with what null said above, whoever made them should give themselves a pat on the back, very nicely done

I think the new balloons are really pretty

I said it was okay to like them, I never said it was ok to post if you weren’t going to sign. :(

yeah, sorry, but you don't get to decide who does and doesn't get to post on a public forum thread

Last edited:
i think they look great, i never had any interest in the balloon collectible before now but suddenly i want them all, also definitely agree with what null said above, whoever made them should give themselves a pat on the back, very nicely done

Credit goes to Mr Thunder for the new balloon collectibles. :)

As staff no one probably cares what I think on this issue, but I think the new ones are very pretty!

I said it was okay to like them, I never said it was ok to post if you weren’t going to sign. :(

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and allowed to express it here just as you are.

Last edited:
it's okay to be upset about a change you don't like, but don't you think making a petition is a little too far? the staff worked hard drawing the new balloons and they aren't just going to throw out their design because a few people don't like it.

if you're going to make suggestions for the site you should always be willing to hear different points of view. otherwise it just becomes an echo chamber of "i agree!" without taking the whole picture into consideration.

As staff no one probably cares what I think on this issue, but I think the new ones are very pretty!

they probably force you to say that as a job requirement

but yeah, same. also, does make me wonder what an animated version with both the old and new designs as a loose basis would be like

Personally I adore them, they’re my new favorite collectible look by way far

I said it was okay to like them, I never said it was ok to post if you weren?t going to sign. :(

I've seen that a majority of people love the new balloons, plus I don't think it's fair to the mods. They work hard with these events just for us, and they have a personal life too. Creating collectibles is a lot of hard work since they're could be a lot of things they have to think about while creating them.

BiggestFanofACCF I agree with you.
I was considering collecting balloons recently because the old design looks so awesome. They look more streamlined and realistic.

They are really amazing, and when I saw the new ones, (and NO offense to the artist, it is just the style I don't like. You are obviously talented, that isn't in dispute at all.) I felt bad for those who already had the awesome older balloons that were going to get this newer version, and there's nothing they can do about it.

It put me off wanting to collect them.
I can see how the red would've looked in the older style and I would have wanted that for sure, so..

I'll sign. ^_^

Last edited:
I've seen that a majority of people love the new balloons, plus I don't think it's fair to the mods. They work hard with these events just for us, and they have a personal life too. Creating collectibles is a lot of hard work since they're could be a lot of things they have to think about while creating them.

Well then hear me out.

Why don’t they just take a break if their lives are so important?

I could make the same argument. I’m depressed and have been having a horrible day.

They could have at least warned us the balloons were changing.

I tried to be nice about this, but obviously that didn’t work and all of you hate me again.

Why bother trying to be a good person if nothing matters and you get spat on for it?

Well then hear me out.

Why don’t they just take a break if their lives are so important?

I could make the same argument. I’m depressed and have been having a horrible day.

They could have at least warned us the balloons were changing.

I tried to be nice about this, but obviously that didn’t work and all of you hate me again.

Why bother trying to be a good person if nothing matters and you get spat on for it?

Same here. :(

I feel like I've outstayed my welcome.

I don't hate you mate. You are one of the kindest most generous members I've ever known.

Last edited:
It’s a difficult thing Bcuz there’s no easy solution to make everyone happy
I’ve had it before where I don’t like when a collectible design has been changed but you get used to it after a while.

Wait I have solution, make retro balloons vs new balloons lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same here. :(

I feel like I've outstayed my welcome.

I don't hate you mate. You are one of the kindest most generous members I've ever known.

Nah you’re good

If other people hate you that’s their issue lmao
People don’t have to agree and that’s fine

Back