• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

❉ Paper Town Boutique Pixels ❂ *Closed until Summer*

I promised I wouldn't do any more updates until my store was open, but seeing as I got my school schedule today, I felt it was necessary.

tumblr_inline_n9kbjlfM8I1qmgfde.gif
The bad news!

Alright so the school thought it would be a great idea to give me a ridiculous number of classes this year. A whole eight courses. I'm trying to get rid of one of my electives because I'm going to be piled on with too much work. And chances are, after school I'll probably be too tired or busy with homework to do much. Not to mention I will have been drawing all day anyway. So I'll most likely lighten my workload by reducing the number of commissions I'll be accepting. And also be much more picky about what I accept, sorry guys.

tumblr_inline_n9ltfvDr6u1qmgfde.gif
The good news!

two of my classes are in the digital room meaning that I'll be able to work on commissions in those classes whenever possible! So that's a plus.
Also, I am expanding offers to both OCs and animals! Which includes dragons! Since I'll have less time to play ACNL, I'm also prioritizing TBTB as payment. Items and IG bells are still accepted, but keep in mind that my availability to trade will be limited. I'll be posting the hours I'll be online on the front page, and update the title if anything changes.

tumblr_inline_n9ltfd8VI61qmgfde.gif
The other news...

I'm also offering unique pixel pokemon animations. Axeler137 started the overworld pixel shop that gave me the idea to do my own. I'm definitely not trying to run him out of buisness, I swear! So I'll be offering different sorts of overworlds than he does. Mainly PMD sprites, Pkmn Ranger overworlds, and a handful of trainer overworlds from older games! Pricing the unique ones a little higher....
And the trainer/pokemon freebies will be limited.
As in, if you're looking for overworlds like Axeler's, go to his shop instead.

Thank you, everybody, and keep an eye out for updates!!!

I love your new remodel! Its awesome!

Oh and I know how you feel about school!
I am going into my sophomore year of high school and all my classes are either Pre- AP or AP (except engineering and my art 2: ceramics!) I will probably only get to play animal crossing for half an hour!
(I also have 8 classes, but I have an A/B schedule. .. thank goodness.)

Good luck with school and your art shop!

Take your time with the commissions as well. You deserve it! :)<3

hnnnggghh

I can't wait. Seriously. Remember to keep me posted~

or I'll find you...

and tickle you.

Last edited:
@Alice
Of course. I'm sorry to sound so rude but could you refrain from using reaction gifs on my thread. I'm sorry I just don't like them. Thank you.

@Melissa-Crossing
Thank you darling. Yeah, my classes are ridiculous. I'll try my best!

@Alice
Of course. I'm sorry to sound so rude but could you refrain from using reaction gifs on my thread. I'm sorry I just don't like them. Thank you.

@Melissa-Crossing
Thank you darling. Yeah, my classes are ridiculous. I'll try my best!

What reaction gif? nehehehe. It's no problem. Sorry.

What reaction gif? nehehehe. It's no problem. Sorry.

;> thank you darling. No worries, I'm sorry I'm so particular about these things.
But don't you worry, I'll let you know once I've opened. Just gotta sort out my classes and figure out my schedule. School is a real pain!

I promised I wouldn't do any more updates until my store was open, but seeing as I got my school schedule today, I felt it was necessary.

The bad news!

Alright so the school thought it would be a great idea to give me a ridiculous number of classes this year. A whole eight courses. I'm trying to get rid of one of my electives because I'm going to be piled on with too much work. And chances are, after school I'll probably be too tired or busy with homework to do much. Not to mention I will have been drawing all day anyway. So I'll most likely lighten my workload by reducing the number of commissions I'll be accepting. And also be much more picky about what I accept, sorry guys.

The good news!

two of my classes are in the digital room meaning that I'll be able to work on commissions in those classes whenever possible! So that's a plus.
Also, I am expanding offers to both OCs and animals! Which includes dragons! Since I'll have less time to play ACNL, I'm also prioritizing TBTB as payment. Items and IG bells are still accepted, but keep in mind that my availability to trade will be limited. I'll be posting the hours I'll be online on the front page, and update the title if anything changes.

The other news...

I'm also offering unique pixel pokemon animations. Axeler137 started the overworld pixel shop that gave me the idea to do my own. I'm definitely not trying to run him out of buisness, I swear! So I'll be offering different sorts of overworlds than he does. Mainly PMD sprites, Pkmn Ranger overworlds, and a handful of trainer overworlds from older games! Pricing the unique ones a little higher....
And the trainer/pokemon freebies will be limited.
As in, if you're looking for overworlds like Axeler's, go to his shop instead.

Thank you, everybody, and keep an eye out for updates!!!

ayooooooooooo i hope everything goes perfect with your classes and don't overwork yourself. <4

ayooooooooooo i hope everything goes perfect with your classes and don't overwork yourself. <4

I hope so too. Thank you. Classes are hell currently, so I don't see myself being able to work independently until at least Wednesday or Friday. I have ridiculous homework this weekend and I'll be too tired every day after school to draw. Except for the occasional Wednesday early-out.
The whole school schedule this year is messed up, so all of my friends and I have an overload of classes and work. I couldn't drop my photography class (disgusting) so I'll try and see if I can slack off and draw during that time, as well. We'll see. Anywho, don't expect me to open up commissions in the next few days because I'm still trying to figure stuff out.

Also, I'll be getting math homework every day starting in a couple weeks, so. Yeah. No. I'm really nervous to open commissions again in case I won't have the time and, quite honestly, the stamina to do all of this. My workload is extremely taxing, but I shouldn't give up before I start.

Lark, if it's alright, I can cancel my order, if you want. You seem very busy, and I don't wanna trouble you or make you do extra work when you should be relaxing.

Lark, if it's alright, I can cancel my order, if you want. You seem very busy, and I don't wanna trouble you or make you do extra work when you should be relaxing.

It's very sweet of you to say. Right now, I'll be keeping the ones on the slots unless somebody becomes disinterested, but I WILL try to get to you guys! If I don't think I can, I'll, of course, let you all know. Right now I'm trying not to worry about it until I try and finish a commission and decide if I'll be able to continue doing this, or hold off until a break. Honestly, I don't think it will be TOO difficult, if I get enough time during publications and digital arts to make enough progress on my drawings.

Because I'll probably also be counting these as my "class participation" assignments (the teachers won't know it will be commission work) I'll be sticking exclusively to pixel work and animations to keep my body of work cohesive.
If this all works out properly, I'll add a note on the front thread explaining exactly how I'll be getting these commissions done.

Commissions paid in cash, however, will be exclusive to private work and I will not count it as classwork. Just so you guys know. I need a grade and everything... I don't believe my teachers will care all that much, and I'll of course only print my own personal work for gallery submissions! I hope all that makes sense. I just simply would not have enough time to work on separate pieces in class alongside commissions.

I hope so too. Thank you. Classes are hell currently, so I don't see myself being able to work independently until at least Wednesday or Friday. I have ridiculous homework this weekend and I'll be too tired every day after school to draw. Except for the occasional Wednesday early-out.
The whole school schedule this year is messed up, so all of my friends and I have an overload of classes and work. I couldn't drop my photography class (disgusting) so I'll try and see if I can slack off and draw during that time, as well. We'll see. Anywho, don't expect me to open up commissions in the next few days because I'm still trying to figure stuff out.

Also, I'll be getting math homework every day starting in a couple weeks, so. Yeah. No. I'm really nervous to open commissions again in case I won't have the time and, quite honestly, the stamina to do all of this. My workload is extremely taxing, but I shouldn't give up before I start.

Don't feel like you have to do anything extra. I know how the school stress can be, just try to take it one day, maybe even one class at a time. And if you need any help with anything school related, I may be able to help, so shoot me a PM/VM.

What are you referring to no Mii makeup? Oh yes, you cna make mayors + a villager??

What Shirohibiki said. But if you don't know, you probably don't have it. So it's nothing to worry about.
And I'm not sure what you're referring to with that question. Are you asking if I would draw a mayor and a villager in one image, or a mayor as a villager?

@Everybody
Thank you so much for all the support! I'll spend the next week or so organizing myself out.

What Shirohibiki said. But if you don't know, you probably don't have it. So it's nothing to worry about.
And I'm not sure what you're referring to with that question. Are you asking if I would draw a mayor and a villager in one image, or a mayor as a villager?

@Everybody
Thank you so much for all the support! I'll spend the next week or so organizing myself out.

A mayor with a villager :3

A mayor with a villager :3

Yes, I've done it before, however, if you read my current updates, I'll be very picky about who I'll accept to draw. And, currently, my shop is closed. So if you'd like to commission something, could you wait until I figure everything out? Thanks.

On another note, I'm sorry if I reject anybody, but I'm honestly giving my work out practically for free. In-game or TBT bells don't pay the bills, but I want to make people happy with my artwork so that's why I decided to do this. Maybe one day I can get actual currency for this stuff...

I'm sorry I keep going on tangents! I just want to make everything clear.

Important update - Longer Hiatus

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone who has been waiting ever so patiently! I had been foolish to assume I'd be able to take on such a taxing workload and still have time for the forum. The decision to open my shop once again is up in the air, and may be left undecided for some time. With hardly any time even to myself, I'd like to spend it resting when I may.
I'd like to show you my currently weekday schedule (in MST), so you have an idea of how long my days are:
Wake up at 6:05
Away from home
7:20 am ~ 4:15
Bedtime at 9 pm
As you can see, I have very little time to myself. And the nearly 11 hour days are very exhausting physically, mentally, and emotionally.

After hearing the heartbreaking news about Robin William's death, I'd like to say that his death has hit very close to home for me.

"But Mayor Lark, you didn't know him personally, why are you so affected?"
Well, I'm glad you asked. Because I have a very good reason, to me. And I'm more than happy to explain over PM if you care to listen.

I've been busy with school now, and more than occupied with my attempts to keep up with my assignments, artwork, and studies. More than likely, I'll be taking quite some time off from the forums in order to cope with this recent loss and keep my stress low.
If you have any questions or simply wish to whine at me, just send me a PM. I'll really only be checking my inbox regularly. Besides from my museum thread, which I'll try and keep updated with recent artworks. I hope you all understand, thank you.

Back