Owl Appreciation Thread.

?

• Total voters
I LOVE owls but owl videos tend to be on the disturbing side for me because you know those guys eat rats as their favorite food I guess? it's kind of disturbing seeing the rat being cut in half with scissors by the owner so the baby owl could consume it easily, or when they are being fed with live pinkies/baby rats..

I think they worship Satan. They also kill people's cats. They look like they came on a highway from the deepest depths of hell. I like birbs, but birds of prey in general are a no from me. (((((simon cowell)))))

Owls are awesome but they'd make really ****ty pets. :p

That's true with all birds of prey really.

I think they worship Satan. They also kill people's cats. They look like they came on a highway from the deepest depths of hell. I like birbs, but birds of prey in general are a no from me. (((((simon cowell)))))

Owls generally wouldn't eat a cat. A hawk is much more likely to do that. And even then, they only would if they're super hungry and super desperate to eat. They aren't stupid - they know cats can fight them back. Wild animals don't exactly have doctors helping them, so they try to avoid getting wounded, as getting wounded means they have a higher likelihood of dying from infection settling in, or the wound preventing them from looking for food.

absolutely! camouflage, sharp-as-knives talons and swift feathers designed for silent flight makes for a perfect hunter! not to mention their sonar-like facial structure!

So happy about the love for Owls here. *eyes pierce into the heads of Roh and other person whose username I have forgotten sorry* XD

Owls are ****ing disturbing. Which is weird, because I usually like creepy disturbing things.

I've posted this picture here before of a screech owl in my yard, i felt like i coulda reached out and given it a caress (but it prolly woulda bit me lol):

4maW963.jpg

Owls bounce between cute and creepy as hell for me.

I like Hedwig.

Loljk, but in all seriousness, I do like owls. Partly because I like birds
and most animals in general, but owls feel extra sassy and I love it. Even the little babs.

GsDFyL8.gif

I do find them cute and scary all at the same time.
Going to Japan next week. Still thinking if I should go to the owl cafes T_T

I voted for both option one and three. Cause I like MOST owls, but thanks to the nightmare fuel of Fifth Kind I am kind of horrified of some owls... BUT a lot of owls are stinking cute, I love watching owl videos and gifs.

I love owls.

I've heard everyone is fond of owls.

Except for mice. And shrews.

And Simon Cowells.

I love owls.

I've heard everyone is fond of owls.

Except for mice. And shrews.

And Simon Cowells.

AND YOU KNOW WHY THEY COME FOR YOU

Seriously though, I love owls. They're Athena's symbol and they're oddly cute while remaining graceful and stately. What's not to love?

Barn owls, now. Those guys freak me the freak out.

I love owls! I think they're really cute! Although to be honest I like most kinds of birds, which most of my friends tend to be surprised by since they're all petrified of any sort of flying animal. :')

Back