• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Outdoor area ideas?

I haven't thought about it yet, But I am so excited I can put furniture outside now. Like it was always annoying to be that there was outdoor furniture but I couldn't put it outdoors. I don't want it in the house. I like playing the sims because I love decorating and building. It seems like there is more to decorate and more places you can put stuff and not have to worry about it being too close to something else. So I am so excited to have more freedom to decorate.

Definitely going to make an onsen, possibly with a sand bath area, although I'm not sure how I'm going to imply that - maybe a row of umbrellas in the sand with a shovel next to one of them?

Otherwise, I have to figure out how I want to put all the buildings together so I can plan those areas. Like, the shops will probably all be together in a shopping area, but then the question is whether or not they're right by the town hall, and where the museum, caf? and police station are in relation to all of them.

I'm definitely glad we get to move things, though, so I don't have to restart my island if I decide it would actually look better another way.

Hot spring. Picnic area by a waterfall. I want to design my island eventually so it?s mostly forested with branching paths so you could walk down a path and end up somewhere where you don?t expect.

Since now we've seen a lot of villagers are able to sit on the floor now, I'd probably place lots of nice decorations around the area they typically sit.

Hoping that they will still sit even if a qr code path is in place, I'd place a cute little mat beneath them with a drink on the side or books :3

I was looking through the item catalogue and it gave me a few ideas:
-Animal/vegetable/fruit farm
-Eco friendly energy plant with windmills and solar panels
-Giant outdoor chess/checkers
-sports, beach volleyball, basketball court, soccer field, tennis court, etc
-phone booth area
-river kayaks/fishing zone
-desert area with the sand tile and cacti
-Gas station for cars and scooters
-Dumpster
-Outdoor concert area

There are so many possibilities I'm so excited, I cannot wait!

This is extremely basic as you’re able to do it in NL, but I would love to be able to have a little park. My main goal, however, is to set up a cute little tea party type area among a lot of trees. Just the type of thing that I would have loved to have when I was a kiddo. A table, some tea sets/cups, seats or maybe stumps to be used as seats, and - of course - the wishing well so that you can feel like you can make wishes following your adorable tea party! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I also feel like I could end up making areas such as ones I might end up doing in a dollhouse rather than in a game. Eek, I’m so excited that I have this idea :,)

I'm not too sure really. I want my island to be cozy, yet really fun to live in, so a playground idea would be really neat! Maybe a little park for my villagers to relax in with lots of benches and streetlights so that they won't be too scared in the dark when night falls. Those are really the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Back