Bells
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Leif
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Lobo
Pavé
Jack
Tasty Cake
With the ability to place furniture outdoors I've actually seen people come up with some pretty awesome ideas for some outdoor features from a designated area for stargazing to picnics, playgrounds and an outdoor bar. Personally I'd like to have an outdoor art class area. What other ideas so you guys have?

Last edited:
Assuming that we can still build The Roost, I would love to make an outdoor seating area. With tables, chairs, umbrellas and little drinks and baked goods.

Also maybe an tiki bar area by the beach

Last edited:
An outdoor hot tub or bathhouse!
Little picnic spots to sit down and relax a little bit
Small fairy forest with lighted mushrooms and tree stump stools
Outdoor cafe area in front of the roost
Large fossil displays outside of the museum, preparing all for the fun that awaits inside!
Tanning area on the beach

I love literally every idea, I don’t know how I will narrow down what I want

a shrine in a forest would be cute. i also really like the telephone poles they showed in the direct, a sort of industrial area on an otherwise forest island would be really cool to me.

I know I want a big part of my town to be forest, so I'm planning on making a recreational centre area with bikes and other items placed around one of my resident's houses. There would be a 1sq dirt path that leads into a thick forest and I'll put a sign outside indicating a start to a bike path! If you take the bike path I would branch it out to smaller picnic areas and scenic rest spots like an outdoor bath/onsen :')

I want my villagers small, tight-knit neighborhoods, but then have locations for gathering together with foods, drinks, seating, and other fun social activities with games and what not. I want a more garden like area with a nice lake on the side with picnic items, probably also some kind of a grill as well.

I also really like the hammock and I hope i can make like a little sleepy area outdoors for my precious little Beau

i want it to feel like a real lived-in area. i have a feeling i'm going to be mixing things up a lot as time goes by.

i'd love to theme my island with a natural feel low technology feel with sprinkles of fantasy. one half of the island is full of society, while the woods behind the village is full of overgrown forests of bamboo, weeds, flowers, mushrooms, bodies of water, and maybe even fantasy villagers like drago.

i want it to feel like a real lived-in area [...]

It’s almost eerie how similar your post is to my own plan. Not that it’s that unique I guess, but you’ve described exactly the feel I like going for with my towns. I’d love to see yours once it’s further along! :3

i want to have a floral garden with arches and benches, a picnic/grill area (i LOVE food furniture items so i'd use a lot of those) and a lil firepit area on the beach! maybe a witchy sort of spot in a darker secluded forest area as well?

All I know is that I'm going to be making use of the outdoor bath from previous games.
I LOVE that item. I will probably use it to make an outdoor water-springs resort *_*

I love how the seasons look in this game, so I am planning on keeping everything in my town low-tech...
Something more rustic and nature-y. Can't wait!! The direct had me drooling.

My goal is to have my villagers live in a neat little neighborhood. I want to give them each their own tiny yard with decorations that suit their personalities. I'm also considering a garden area and a central park type location that will be decorated based on time of year/holidays. I can't wait to be able to put out all sorts of neat items to really personalize my town!

My main idea is a hot springs area. I'll have various water themed items spanning across the three levels

I'd love to have a little picnic area with a fireplace. I also loved the little beach boulevard you saw in the Direct with the wooden panels and the vending machine, I'd love to make something similair!

i?m thinking of making a little fairy garden with benches and water baths/fountains c;

I?ll be making a beach wedding, I think. Lots of candles, I hope there?s an wedding arch in game or I?ll have to improvise.

I'm assuming since we can place furniture outside, we can also place clothing/accessoires outside - I think it would be really cool to put some umbrellas next to towels on the beach! Maybe there will also be a beach chair item?

I really want my residential areas to feel "realistic", so I will be putting up a 2x1 space with garbage cans, snack machines and so on. In addition, I want to create a path from one side of my island to the other side of my island, with a bus stop on both ends. Instead of a bus, I'll place a tuk-tuk ride on either of the bus stops, to create the impression that a tuk-tuk rider will show passengers around the island.

I'm really tempted to make a mad hatter styled tea party area in the middle of the woods somewhere. I really hope the teapots and teacups come back!

I HAVE SO MANY IDEAS OMG.

Fishing Hut and Fishing Lake:
Making a new villager who's house I'll be turning into a fishing hut full of tackle and tanks! I'll be placing it by a lake that'll have little chairs, cooler chests, etc for fishing.

Farms:
Making use of the windmill, tractor, wheat and scarecrow items! I'd like to have a decent chunk of the map just dedicated to farming with orchard, turnips, pumpkins, mushrooms etc as well as flower farms :D

Outdoor Market:
At the centre of my plaza (see below) I'm hoping to create an outdoor market. I'll have areas to sell the stuff from the farms and fishing lake as well as the fortune cookie cart we saw in the direct. I may also have areas to sell painting and crafts. My villager will be a seamstress/fashion designer so I'll also have an area for her to sell her clothes that she's made.

Hotspring:
Pretty simple! I loved the onsen in the direct so I'll be doing something like this and most likely on the secret beach :D Nothing huge, just something small and simple.

Picnic and Recreation Areas:
Self explanatory but I'll be dotting them all around the map like I had in ACNL :D Picnic blankets, picnic tables, maybe outdoor grills etc. I also want some little playgrounds, maybe a hidden area for stargazing etc

Villages:
I want to group a few animal houses together into little mini villages of 3 or 4 houses each! Every house will have their own small gardens like in HHD.

Beach Cafe:
I'm not sure if I'll make my own cafe by creating a new villager or be patient and wait for Brewster's cafe to unlock if we still have them. Honestly I'll probably get too impatient and make my own one then find a new place for Brewster. I want to put an outdoor area as well with beach blankets, sun loungers, little tables with parasols etc.

Camping Grounds:
Nothing amazing but I'll be making a villager or two just to put their tents down and will add the campsite item there too so there will always be tents up. I want it in the middle of a forest near the fishing lake. I'll be using the campfire item and anything else that would fit the theme.

Main Street and Welcoming Plaza:
Right when you get off of the plane I want there to be a big plaza with a fountain in the middle! I'll be putting the community hall here as well as Able's and any other shops minus the cafe and museum. My outdoor market will also be here too, probably in front of the fountain. Hoping there will be some items like a stand for maps etc that I could put here.

Others:
Not quite outdoors but I'd love to create a public library and a grocery store using villager houses :D

Last edited:
I'm hoping to make a carnival/circus area for my town. I saw a popcorn machine and apparantely Pocket Camp has a teacup ride item, so if it's in New Horizons I'll use that as well.

Hopefully there will be other items I can include in that area.

I also want to try making a spooky haunted area with a graveyard...and use a player house to make a haunted house.

I want to try creating a more "commercialized" beach area (that will probably connect to the carnival area) and then a more low key natural beach area as well. Probably on different sides of the island.

Villages:
I want to group a few animal houses together into little mini villages of 3 or 4 houses each! Every house will have their own small gardens like in HHD.

I also want to try this.

I'm going to have an urban/downtown/shopping district area, a coastal village (where all the farmers and fishers live, because it'll be connected to the farmland and harbour) and also a secluded forest town area. (sort of like a mini gamecube style town)

Last edited:
I don't know, the options are just insane. I really liked the island they showcased with lots of pavement, lamps and bridges. Having a city feel for my island is pretty much my goal, I'll have to see what fits into each area of my island.

Back