• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Original vs... Eh, used?

i don't really care, i prefer if they're original (esp if their house is over-run with bugs/fish/crap) but it doesn't effect how much i'll pay/if i buy them at all. but i see the appeal so i don't begrudge anyway else for only wanting original

It depends on how original. 100% original and new (random move-in or campsite, not pre-owned) is optimal, pre-owned original is still awesome, and unoriginal depends on the damage done. But if I want a villager, I suppose I'll accept basically everything, since I can probably get them to change their stuff.

It doesn't matter to me too much unless I really like their house. But it's easy enough to get them the stuff that they had originally, especially on the forums.

The only time I've bought a villager from someone on here was Fang and he was mostly original which was definitely a plus. With someone like Tangy, it wouldn't matter as much because I like her as a villager, and her house is always a crazy mess haha.

I don't really mind catchphrases (assuming they are inappropriate) or their shirts.
I don't even really mind their houses not being original so much as I care about if it looks like it matches.
I've had villagers with houses that are filled with the most peculiar combinations and it annoys me until I can somehow make it match.
It also depends on the character because some of the less popular ones truly have original designs that look like the creators ran out of inspiration.

I honestly don't care if they are original or not as long as it's a dreamy of mine and I am getting them that is all that matters to me. Trying to get all my cat villagers for two of my cat town's was a bit of a challenge the second time around to do it so fast. As I had to pay the second time around. The first time was a breeze as I had already started out with three cats so that made it super easy on me and also at the time there were also two people giving out free dreamies for FREE. It made it so easy on me and also they were almost all original. BUT it also didn't matter because they were FREE. AND super fast to get. I had all my non cat's out and all my cat's in within a matter of a week or so. I couldn't believe how fast it was. The second time around yes it was fast too took like two weeks but I had to pay this time. The first cat was 50 million IGB as there was a bidding war. And the other two was a LOT less got them in within a matter of 48 of that first big one. Just happy I completed my two cat towns.

Last edited:
it depends, I don't mind a changed shirt and the odd bit of missing furniture but it's when they have a bunch of random fish and crappy custom shirts and catchphrases I get annoyed lol

Back