• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Opinions on time travelling?

Petalwinner

Canadian Trash
Bells
Personally, I won't ever do it, as I think the game is more enjoyable taking things slow and working my way to greatness, maybe if I had a second copy of the game that could the be the town I mess around in with time travelling, glitches and duping.

What are your thoughts on it, hm?

In Wolfmoor, I hate it.
I think it's cheating so I never ever do it.
It makes me lose interest. So it's hard getting my dreamies xD

Not gonna lie, I do it a lot. I find that it speeds the game up for me and makes it less boring. That's just my personal preference, though.

After you play in your town for a full year, it just kinda gets repetitive, so TTing makes things interesting.

I do it. I feel really restricted because once you do what you need to do, it's the waiting game.

The last time I did it, or plan to, was to get to Saturday faster so I could get to ask KK Slider for a record of my choice. And I didn't even mess up with the dates, just went six days ahead and a villager I liked was gone girl.... er cat.

I honestly wouldn't play without it. I don't get why people consider it to be 'cheating' when it's just using an actual built-in feature of the game. I find it speeds things up for me and offers convenient times for me to play. For instance, I can't play at all during the day in the when I'm in school, so allowing me to change the time on the clock at night lets me spend some time on game during the day in game. And it allows me to re-do events/holidays, ect. that I miss because I was busy.

Honestly speaking, I get quite bored spending hours on the same day with the same routine talking with the same villagers, ect. I crave change and excitement. But I guess it just come down patience and preference.

The last time I did it, or plan to, was to get to Saturday faster so I could get to ask KK Slider for a record of my choice. And I didn't even mess up with the dates, just went six days ahead and a villager I liked was gone girl.... er cat.

Omigosh that's happened to me with Zucker ; o ;
I lost my one and only dreamie to time travelling, and was actually devastated by it, so sad...
Twelve year old me wasn't ready for that kind of pain.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly wouldn't play without it. I don't get why people consider it to be 'cheating' when it's just using an actual built-in feature of the game. I find it speeds things up for me and offers convenient times for me to play. For instance, I can't play at all during the day in the when I'm in school, so allowing me to change the time on the clock at night lets me spend some time on game during the day in game. And it allows me to re-do events/holidays, ect. that I miss because I was busy.

Honestly speaking, I get quite bored spending hours on the same day with the same routine talking with the same villagers, ect. I crave change and excitement. But I guess it just come down patience and preference.

It really does come down to personal preference, I don't think it's cheating at all, and I understand why people do it, in my old town, I time travelled almost every day, and it was fun!

Though, at night when it's 3AM and I want to play some Animal Crossing for whatever reason, I think this time travel strike has actually shown me... It's prolly just time to sleep.

I used to time travel a lot in City folk, it gave my town many of those vileplume flowers and moved out my fave villager in CF Puck, so never again will I try to time travel.

I do it all the time on Milk Tea. I get bored waiting a whole day so I TT but only do t day by day. I talk to all my villagers and do everything that I do on the daily basis then I TT a day later and do it the same thing. Honestly, I would be bored if I didn't do it.

When I first got the game I did it a lot because I found it quite boring to not TT.

In my new town I only TT to plot reset and give away villagers. I don't have the time to play as much as I used to so going day by day is totally fine with me now.

I definitely don't see a problem with playing either way. Like someone else said, it's a feature built into the game (the villagers even call you a time traveler when you've been doing it) so I would never call it cheating. Just a different play style.

I lose interest without TTing. I finished everything I want to do within an hour or two. I also did it because my current town is a restarted one, so I wanted to catch up to where I left off.

I've never ruined my town or lost villagers from it. It's easy to not screw up if you take twenty minutes to read a guide and learn the basic mechanics of the game. I also don't think of it as cheating, since it is a viable and built in game mechanic.

Last edited:
I've done it, and I currently do it on one of my towns.

Both positions have good reasonings. I never thought of it as "cheating" since it's actually a feature in the game (a long-time feature too).

Omigosh that's happened to me with Zucker ; o ;
I lost my one and only dreamie to time travelling, and was actually devastated by it, so sad...
Twelve year old me wasn't ready for that kind of pain.

Sorry that sounds bad too! I was thinking I could TT to Saturday night everyday of the week (except the real Saturday) and get the albums six times faster since you could check the shop for what new records they had each day too. But after losing Lolly I slowed way down on them before noticing good ol' p e p p e r selling every single KK song here for 5 tbt each, and now I have them all anyway.

I like to TT maybe a day or so in the future once in a while to get more PWPs done in a shorter amount of time so I can TT back and have them done the day I want them to be without waiting for days.

It doesn't really matter for me. Although the max I will TT is like a couple of days ahead just incase I need to do something important. Its okay IMO

Back