• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on My Nintendo?

Gene.

currently scrollin myspace ;P
Bells
Switch
1289-5094-0808
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Kirby Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
I feel like every time I buy a new Switch game and redeem it for gold points I forget how useless gold points are and find myself a lil disappointed. Do any of yall actually use MyNintendo, or bother to enter/redeem any of the points? I think growing up with Club Nintendo heightened my expectations for reward programs like this; I feel like the points I spend actual money on should redeem more than just...discounts.
(This isn't meant to be negative in any way, I just wanted to hear others' opinions)

I used my Gold Points for cheap Indie games I had interest in from the Eshop.
I am not too crazy about Nintendo's Reward Program. I much prefer Steam's Store and how they do things.

I love all the stickers and bgs they have for the pfps, but aside from that I don't rly use it. The Platinum points are nice for the reason before, however I will say I always forget that the gold points.

Same, I really only use it for the profile picture backgrounds. Beyond that it's kind of foreign to me...

My Nintendo is pretty boring to me. I usually just use the platinum coins for profile pictures and profile picture backgrounds for the Switch like Midoriya said. I've used the Gold Coins that you get for purchasing and redeeming new games a few times to get discounts on things from the eShop, which I appreciate. I know they occasionally have physical items show up on the My Nintendo site, but honestly I barely go on the site these days.

I too was spoiled by Club Nintendo. I wish I paid more attention to it sooner so I could've gotten more stuff, but I got a neat Majora's Mask tote bag from them; in retrospect, though, I wish I opted for the Animal Crossing playing card deck. It seems like it was bit too good to be true to be able to redeem points for free physical items, so I'm not surprised they got rid of it, but it was much more engaging service.

Never used Club Nintendo sadly. I wish I could've experienced it, but it's too late now.

My Nintendo I find bland. I used the gold points once because on the Switch, I only bought two digital games (rest are physical). I only have 37 gold points left. I also used the platinum points to buy one theme for the 3ds (very bland themes though). I tried to buy a Nintendo Store product with platinum points once only to be greeted with a shipping charge. Got my points back immediately cause it wasn't worth it.

My Nintendo is incredibly lackluster compared to the old Club Nintendo. I honestly forget it even exists most of the time, and I'm sure I've had countless coins expire because the few times I do check the page there are never any enticing rewards.

I've used Platinum Points for NSO icon elements and such, but honestly I haven't found much use for them. 😅 I grabbed a few of the Platinum Point downloadables before just to use up some expiring points, but none of the physical merch has really grabbed my attention—or if it did, I sure didn't want it enough to have to pay for shipping. I've used Gold Points for eShop discounts because hey, every little bit counts, but it still wasn't exactly a noticeable price difference even then.

I like My Nintendo for the point rewards. I'm not sure what I use it for other than that.

Back in the days when Club Nintendo was a thing.. THAT was sooo good! My Nintendo is honestly just useless. The platinum points that you can collect over time for free are much more worth than the gold points that you get from games.
I like to get from time to time something from the platinum point rewards. I don't think I ever actually used my gold points for anything so far..

I think I checked it a couple of times when it first realised but pretty much stopped looking after that. Nothing ever seems that good for something that’s meant to be a reward so I stopped caring

I keep forgetting it exists. I don't buy digital games, so I still have all my points I think. But since it's been mentioned, Club Nintendo was amazing! I still have a Super Mario kite and Luigi blanket that I redeemed from the site ages ago.

honestly? i kind of like My Nintendo.

i used to religiously play animal crossing: pocket camp, and i used my platinum points a lot because i was always running out of cotton. i don’t play it hardly at all anymore, so i have almost 2,000 platinum points (they just keep appearing and i have no clue how i’m earning them).

i like spending my platinum points on profile picture items for my switch, especially the animal crossing ones. the only thing i don’t like about that is you can‘t mix and match items from different games… i would love to have a splatoon 3 frame and an animal crossing villager, for example, but it’s still nice checking in every month and seeing which villagers are for sale. :]

the gold points are meaningless UNTIL a game is on sale for really cheap. if a game is already on sale for a few dollars, and you use your gold points, it makes a bigger impact. i got scribblenauts unlimited on my switch for about $3.00 this way.

the things you can redeem on the website, however, aren’t great. the only good thing that‘s on the website IMO is Flipnote 3D. i haven’t redeemed my points for a physical item yet because there just isn’t anything that sparks my interest.

Not a fan of digital purchases. It makes most sense to use them on -90% indie titles though.
I think the last game I bought was EARTHLOCK for like 350 coins or whatever price it was at.
Honestly I just forget about games I own digitally, I cycle through many games and resell lots.

I used some of my platinum points to get a Mario and Luigi journal once and it was how I got Flipnote Studio 3d on my 3ds back when that was a reward but I don’t use gold points very often if at all. I sometimes entered the sweepstakes (I never won any) from time to time but I hardly check it now.

Club Nintendo was the best. I got several things from there that I still cherish.

My Nintendo is obviously underwhelming in comparison. Sure, I'll throw gold points into a purchase if I have any, but I'm not going to use the platinum points for a physical item that is just okay and the shipping costs more than the item itself. I use them to buy icons I want (when I remember that feature exists), but it feels dumb when Playstation lets you choose whatever you want for your icon.

i like looking forward to all the different icons that come from different games. for awhile i was kinda obsessed with checking which icons are available cause they drop in and you can only get them in a certain amount of time. there are ones that i've missed and regret, but i don't check back as often anymore. i think i definitely liked club nintendo much more though. i have a few things i got out of the rewards programs, both phyical merch and digital games! i feel like i was buying more games back then, between the wiiu and 3ds so it was a system that was totally worth buying into. aww now i wanna go boot up my wii u and see the titles i got from the points system 😭

Back