Opinion on hacking?

I really like that idea and am actually tempted to do so myself! I absolutely love the look of public work projects on the beach, weeds in the ponds, and I once saw a town where they put a giezer in the river! Do you have a dream address?

5B00-0138-987F

Im still working on it. But leave me a comment on my profile for some feedback!

Hacking was almost necessary for me to enjoy the game at all - I didn't have any time to play except for grinding for hours on the island, and visited a friend who hacked in a ton of bells. But seeing all the amazing dream town tours on Youtube, etc. and realizing that I can never get that without hacking is totally a bummer too.

I'm ok with it, but I won't do it in mines.

However, if you're doing it just to steal other people towns..I will be disgusted at you.

Last edited:
I have never hacked and am also not planning to ever hack my town. I do dislike the placement of some of my rocks, but I'd rather landscape around them and make it work by incorporating it into what I'm trying to do, than just moving them around. I feel this way because I know the game would otherwise become much too boring for me, as I never get motivated by anything that's just too easy to obtain. I also like playing my game very slowly and seeing my town evolve over time. I've been working on my town since July last year now and there's still a lot to be done, which is awesome as it keeps me motivated :) I was TT'ing a little for some item orders here on the forum, but I got a second copy of the game instead now so I can stop doing that too.

I personally don't hack, but I also don't find anything wrong with hacking. Playing the game at your own pace is perfectly normal, and if you need/want to hack for certain reasons, I don't see why that would be a problem. I understand that some people wouldn't feel right hacking their town, and that's totally fine. Some people find it boring, but some people think it takes the boring feeling away from the game itself. It all depends on the person, and how they personally want to experience animal crossing.

^Digimon is literally one of the kindest sellers I have ever met. They help me frequently, and I've made so many purchases from them. They would never attempt to sell hacked items, and had a GOOD reason for not selling to you, andrew, as i've seen that you can be very rude to others. Please don't lie and accuse this amazing human of doing something that they didn't. Have a great rest of your day :blush:

^Digimon is literally one of the kindest sellers I have ever met. They help me frequently, and I've made so many purchases from them. They would never attempt to sell hacked items, and had a GOOD reason for not selling to you, andrew, as i've seen that you can be very rude to others. Please don't lie and accuse this amazing human of doing something that they didn't. Have a great rest of your day :blush:

thank you Tobyjgv, this really means a lot to me especially after reading their post. i tried to deal with the matter privately through pm, but i didn't think they'd go around lying about me. i really appreciate you and your kindness T_T you're an amazing person!

I think that it allows for more creativity, but at the same time it feels less like Animal Crossing. I?m against hacking my town as it?s not how the game was intended to be played. I especially don?t like the fact that players like digimon are selling hacked items when they are clear against the bell tree rules.

How can you tell an item is hacked?

I think that it allows for more creativity, but at the same time it feels less like Animal Crossing. I?m against hacking my town as it?s not how the game was intended to be played. I especially don?t like the fact that players like digimon are selling hacked items when they are clear against the bell tree rules.

yeah i tried to be kind about this since i don't like drama, but i'm not gonna sit by and let you slander me. i pm'd you privately about this and you're obviously upset that i refused to sell items to you and are trying to get back at me publicly. since you want to know the reason why i refused to take your so badly, it's because of your rude behaviour while in other people's town. you've stolen, ruined flowers, shaken fruit from trees while visiting towns. what really set me over the edge and made me decide to never sell to you again, is when you tried reselling a set i sold you to someone else for twice the price to make tbt off of them (i wouldn't have really cared if you sold the set for the same price but scamming people out of their bells isn't cool. i've been playing this game since 2013 and have worked hard and spend time and put in the effort whether it be ordering items, growing flowers etc. i'm not gonna let someone like you try to drag me down. please do me a favour and don't ever interact with me again.

Regardless if it's hacked or not, calling out someone publicly is against the concept of this forum.
Also just because someone did this to you, that doesn't mean you can hit them back as well. So stop, you guys. I'll just report these posts.

How can you tell an item is hacked?
They couldn't.
What I can tell from experience is restocking golden tools like net/rod, or 50 or 100 clovers in a day & night is not possible, never possible, without using some cheat tool. I'm assuming AndrewCrossing just made a guess from there.

Regardless if it's hacked or not, calling out someone publicly is against the concept of this forum.
Also just because someone did this to you, that doesn't mean you can hit them back as well. So stop, you guys. I'll just report these posts.

you're right, so i am sorry for kinda going off like that. i was just frustrated since i really tried my best to distance myself and deal with the issue privately. i didn't mean to come off as harsh as i did so i apologize for any trouble

Hello. Please stop talking about specific users here and let's get back on topic. If you think someone may be hacking items to sell, you can report the thread and a mod will look into it. Thank you.

Hacked towns require less effort as you can put anything anywhere with a click of a button. It also makes the game more boring as there would be nothing to do. Hacking can also corrupt your ds or game so I'd strongly advise not to do it :p

i guess hacking a lot or setting up everything you possibly can with hacks makes the game a lot more boring really. but i dont think that anyone would agree that plot resetting or waiting in the corner of the sea for 30 minutes and then coming back to get a different ping/bad pwp is any fun either

I love animal crossing new leaf 10/10 my favorite game
But
It's been 7 years since it came out and acnl is... very repetitive.
A lot of people I see doing this once had non-hacked towns (or still do) and got into hacking because they were bored after so many years of the same thing. Not everyone can find joy in playing the same, repetitive, game for 7 years. I have tried so hard to start a new town but to me doing the same thing all over is draining. I wish I knew how to hack so I could sometimes lol
Hacking adds a refreshing new way to customize towns and I think it's really nice to see how creative some of them are especially since the majority of towns tend to look pretty similar.
Of course there are some that use it for their own gain instead of just customization but it helps some players who may not be able to get amiibo cards or region exclusive items. Which can be nice as long as they arent being crazy with prices and let the buyers know it's a hacked item.
Everyone plays acnl their own way
Some TT, some dont. Some only use their own patterns, others use popular ones they think are cute. Some hack, some dont. Some will buy items/trade villagers, some go with the flow of their game.
I dont think picking any option/way to play is superior over the other because at the end of the day you put effort into any town you create regardless. And if it makes the other person happy/have fun without hurting anyone then I dont really see any issue. If the hacked towns caused other 3ds's to crash and lose their data I'd understand but it's just someone having fun in a new way imo.

Back