• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Opal is acting funny. Is this a glitch? (Video Linked)

Mioboi

stanky leg U alumn
Bells
Switch
1174-0220-5840
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Soooo I just started up my game and made my way to the plaza and Opal is buggin out. Her eyes keep flickering n she keeps making noises. It sorta sounds like weird animal crossing yodeling.... at least in my mind. Whenever I push her away from where she's standing she stops, but proceeds to go back to her original spot n star all over again. I got a video but I dont think I can attach it here. Anybody else know what's up?

Edit: I managed to get a video from my game and post it to my old twitter that I can't seem to remember the login information for. Here's the link:
Edit Edit: Thank you for your help! Opal is now singing happily to the radio. christ I love it when they sing, its great.

Last edited:
She is just singing. That is normal.

If you put out a radio, they sing along to the song.

She is just singing. That is normal.

If you put out a radio, they sing along to the song.
The issue is that there is no radio. I had one in the plaza but then I took it away. And I've seen them sing, its not singing its not at all musical.

Yeah, I've seen some people posting the weird eye twitches. I do think it's a minor glitch but shouldn't cause problems and will probably pass once she changes location.

I’ve seen the glitch a couple times on facebook/twitch.

theyre trying to sing but they’re bugging out. It’s nothing serious. Should go away if you enter a building or save and quit.

I’ve seen the glitch a couple times on facebook/twitch.

theyre trying to sing but they’re bugging out. It’s nothing serious. Should go away if you enter a building or save and quit.

That's good to know. Especially with all these extra glitches I keep hearing about with villagers moving out and stuff. I guess that what you get with a game thats barely a month old.

The issue is that there is no radio. I had one in the plaza but then I took it away. And I've seen them sing, its not singing its not at all musical.
it's a singing glitch, if you put down a radio while it's happening it'll fix it and they'll start singing along

Ive seen videos where the person puts back the radio and the villagers goes back to normal.

Soooo I just started up my game and made my way to the plaza and Opal is buggin out. Her eyes keep flickering n she keeps making noises. It sorta sounds like weird animal crossing yodeling.... at least in my mind. Whenever I push her away from where she's standing she stops, but proceeds to go back to her original spot n star all over again. I got a video but I dont think I can attach it here. Anybody else know what's up?

Edit: I managed to get a video from my game and post it to my old twitter that I can't seem to remember the login information for. Here's the link:
That's.....pretty creepy honestly 😱

That's spooky. I don't want to see that at night. And that video is at night/early morning! :eek:

I'm jealous you have Peewee.

Without a radio, they just sing a gibberish song.

Sounds way better with a radio.

It's just a small bug with singing; certain actions tend to 'cancel' their singing animation and the game tries to restart it and it kinda just goes "oh, well, ok this is happening".

Some things that can cause it:
-entering and exiting buildings at certain timings
-removing music players they're singing to at certain times.

That's spooky. I don't want to see that at night. And that video is at night/early morning! :eek:

I'm jealous you have Peewee.
Teehee I love Peewee he's such a sweetie. I just showed the video to my friend and she called him ugly )): But Yeah midday would've been less spooky :/

This isn't something that just goes away once you have it. They will stay broken unless you put a *stereo* down anywhere on your island. It doesn't have to be near them at all. It can't be a radio. It has to be one you can add or arrange songs with. But, like I said, it doesn't have to be anywhere near them, but it has to be somewhere outside on your island. And just leave it there, because mine go back to broken if I remove the stereo.

This isn't something that just goes away once you have it. They will stay broken unless you put a *stereo* down anywhere on your island. It doesn't have to be near them at all. It can't be a radio. It has to be one you can add or arrange songs with. But, like I said, it doesn't have to be anywhere near them, but it has to be somewhere outside on your island. And just leave it there, because mine go back to broken if I remove the stereo.
This is scary news. Glad to know anyway.

I guess we'll see if and when they'll patch it. For now it's not too bad to constantly hear bubblegum kk

Back